1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yeah at the point of injury to bystanders by the protesters, I would no longer support the protest. I don't support harming innocent people. Outside of that, I support it, I agree it would be substantially better for all if people could organize and do a peaceful protest that's as effective, but I won't condemn the current protest, I won't hold the people of that community to the standards of law and order, because the police certainly aren't being held to those standards.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just heard one reason why some Somali business might be targeted. The owners of Cup Foods (not to be mistaken with Cub Foods) who called LE in George Floyd are Somali. They are saying he tried to use a fake $20 bill. They are also saying they are getting death threats. They have said that the killing of Floyd was unjustified.

For background there has been friction between the Somali and African American community before.

3. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

from all the vids all over social media, whatever store is in the area near the precinct is being targeted. from setting autozone on fire to even wendy's

dang its gonna suck for the nearby communities when no businesses want any part of being there after this

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Any word on the arbys?

CometsWin likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

For those wondering how much of a struggle it was to get him and handcuffs and calmly sit him down, stand him up and walk him 40ft across the street...

The way George is moving, he may have been on drugs, he didn't look violent in the least, he looked a little clumsy/off balance, fearful and in pain from the cuffs. It will be real interesting to see the bodycam footage and what led to the guy putting his knee on his neck.

In the citizen phone video,r he officer says multiple times while driving his knee through the poor mans neck "Get up and get in the car" and George replies of course "I can't your on my neck" and the officer replied something along the lines of "Get in, we gave you all the chances to get in".

My guess is George was stumbling around and then irking in pain from the way they were twisting his cuffs when trying to put him in the car, and that the officers got annoyed, pushed him to the ground (or he fell from lack of balance / pain) and out of frustration the officer puts his knee on his neck like that.

That would make this so much sadder, it seems like George may in some vulnerable state mentally and physically, from either current or past drug use, and was not being aggressive whatsoever, but merely being imbalanced, stumbling, and very reactive to the pain and fear of the cuffs and the cops handling him. That would mean the officers weren't acting in fear, but merely frustration that he wasn't acting more coherent. I hope I'm wrong because this hunch I have makes me even sicker to my stomach.

8. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

One of the buildings that was set on fire is an occupied building.

9. Buck Turgidson

...until it's *your* home or business being destroyed.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How many KKK are in the military? Now think about how many ex military become police officers.

Reeko likes this.
  11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Perhaps you’d be the one burning down houses and businesses if it’s your brothers, sisters or children being murdered like dogs in streets by cops without justice.

When you murder someone you get arrested immediately. You don’t go home and sleep in your bed. That’s how it’s supposed to work, if that’s not how it works then maybe the whole rule book should be thrown out the window until we figure out how it works.

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're professional liars. Their experience in the legal system gives them the expertise to make lies convincing... until the video comes out of course which is when they begin a campaign to discredit the victim by leaking selective information to the media. It's really vile honestly.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

People stealing pillow wtf us world coming to. You are willing to go to jail over pillows?

15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How stupid are people to post online their own crime. That is some kind of stupid

#295 AleksandarN, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
    Two Sandwiches likes this.
  16. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Actually... one of my best friends was shot dead in his own backyard by the police during a mental health crisis. In fact a police sgt had called me while this was happening to ask me if my friend had certain equipment in the house because they were going to make an entry before he came outside the back and got buck shot to the face/neck. Luckily, I decided not to burn down your neighborhood in response.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Good on you for not burning it down.

I'm not advocating for burning anything down, and not residential buildings, certainly not with people in them. I'm saying at this point, I'm supportive of any protest that is not violent towards any innocent bystanders. Cops can't keep murdering people without going being held liable. This has to end. In a scenario like this, where a cop is on video clearly needlessly murdering a man, he has to arrested on spot, he can't go home, he has to be convicted for murder. If he isn't law and order cease to exist.

DVauthrin and snowconeman22 like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

#298 YOLO, May 28, 2020
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

You’ve got a lot of catching up to do it seems

20. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

For serving dry stale sandwiches it set ablaze and burned to the ground. Completely justifiable actions..