1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

You are correct, my bad, I was confusing him with Brandin Cooks (new WR). Stills came over in the trade with MIA.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Shyte has really hit the fan.. The Target that I go to, the Cub Supermarket I buy groceries from along with other smaller neighborhood business have been looted.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Whoa. Stay safe

conquistador#11 likes this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I posted this on FB and am sharing it here:
    Just a little while ago I got dinner from Tayo Grill. A business run by Somali immigrants. These are people who fled a nation that ripped itself apart because of sectarian violence. Now they are here in America building a new life making delicious food. They were very friendly and happy to see me. They even let me try Malawah, a type of pancake they were making fresh.
    At the same time a little bit more than a mile away people taking advantage of legitimate anger over the horrific killing of a man to loot. The Target that I go to, the Cub Supermarket that I shop and other stores have been ransacked by a mob. We as Americans like to believe we are superior compared to “shithole” countries like Somalia. I wasn’t feeling very superior as an American seeing George Floyd get killed by a man who is sworn to serve and protect. I’m not feeling very superior seeing stores in my neighborhood being looted.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Great now all the attention is going to go towards the looters.

Gotta stop giving people ammo to distract from a real issue.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks.

I’ve been tear gassed before and also attacked by rioters breaking into a store. I don’t want any part of that. Where this is happening isn’t too far from me but I’m staying well clear of it.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. likestohypeguy

There is a certain logic to this... isn't target's corporate HQ's is in minneapolis, along with 3M? They need to do something, to step up for the community.

Unrelated, I always get a chuckle at some of the stuff they run out of there with, loot-wise. I mean the guy with a flat bed of 75" TV's I understand, but I saw a girl with a basket of toiletries, dad with some children's toys, and a fat guy with a few bag of snacks lol. IDC, with THIS one im not getting mad at any form of reaction. Whatever it takes. EDIT- no not really, hope not, for the sake of the rest of the citizens including the looters/rioters/protesters themselves. I can just understand ANY emotional reaction to THIS. I dont wish them to literally burn the city down, IDK how productive that will ultimately be.

#248 likestohypeguy, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

This one as also in Minny. Watching his video was absolutely gut-wrenching. I have no idea, how in any world the cop was found not guilty. I understand the rioters in Minny, good for them for ****ing **** up. How else are the people supposed to be heard when the police are killing people in cold blood in the streets ... and not being arrested, being found innocent in court. Certainly not by peacefully protesting, our country has already been told that isn't acceptable.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Be careful.

11. amaru

amaru Member

Philando Castile was apparently a big scary black man so his murder was justified.

Nook likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

It's too bad it's not a peaceful protest, but the people of Minneapolis have questions of racial prejudice amongst their police force that need to be answered and atoned for.

They need to lock these cops up ASAP. That's the only way to mitigate this. They need to lock this guy up for his own safety. Wait until his info goes out over the internet
    You know it's going to happen, and that guy will be America's Most Wanted.

Has the picture of the killer in the hat been confirmed as real? If so, I don't think anyone would cry over him...

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. conquistador#11

In LA:

They interviewed this by stander with some wise words:

But seriously what year is this again?

14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

They are not just looting Target. Several small businesses such as a liquor store and businesses run by Somali immigrants are being looted. A neighborhood bar that is know in the local music scene is being looted. Also one of the adjoining neighborhoods to mine is one of the poorer neighborhoods in Minnesota. It has a large Native American population, a large Somali population and Hispanic population. In addition to African American. That Target and that Cub serve those communities. How does it help that this community is going to take a massive economic hit at a time when things are bad already.

Yes this is calling attention to the situation. It’s calling attention by alienating much of the rest of Minnesota and justifying the opinion of people in the suburbs that Minneapolis is a hell hole. It just means that poor people will lose their jobs and have a harder time to shop..

15. Two Sandwiches

Meh. I don't blame the cop there. Don't be jumping on a moving cop car's hood. That's a man in there, with real fears, and a real life. He's going to accelerate. He doesn't have anything to do with this.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not a fan of the looting...it’s not productive

the 4 officers were fired quickly which I appreciated, there wasn’t any paid leave BS

now those police thugs need to get arrested, and murder charges need to be filed ASAP

I saw the mayor saying that the thug cop with his knee on Floyd’s neck needs to get charged with murder...no, no, no...hell no...not just him...all 4 of them need to get charged

I would rather get shot to death and die quickly than to lie there handcuffed and helpless as someone is slowly suffocating me to death...you’re begging to breathe, but that only makes him keep his knee on your neck longer...u lie there knowing that you’re dying, and there’s nothing u can do

the neck is 1 of the most crucial parts of the body...even dogs know this, that’s why they go for it when they’re trying to make a kill

Hakeemtheking and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Thanks. I’m staying clear of that area. I don’t think things will spill as far as where I’m at. That said this is very distressing. The stores being looted I was shopping at just a few days ago. I can’t look at this as some sort of justifiable expression of rage. This is my neighborhood and its not abstract to me.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I have some faith that the justice system will dole out some punishment this time .

I think the local govt is behind locking these cops up ... regardless whether it’s The right things to do (which it is) ... because if they don’t take swift action I think **** will go to hell .

the trust was already thin . People already have extra pent up energy . Someone else made a good point that in the past protests fizzled because people had to get back to work ..., well , corona .

any attempt to try and calm the people down ... and appeal to observe social distancing isn’t gonna work .

I think we are near a tipping point ... and the people in power can’t save their buddies this time if they still wanna have any power in the future .

The common line of “let the process play out” isn’t gonna work this time . The longer we go without “positive” news (in terms of justice being served) the more angry and aggressive people are gonna get .

and specifically this one is so clear cut and bad , like you said ... no weaseling out of this one .

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The killer hasn't been arrested. The killer for Philando Castile wasn't arrested (that I'm aware of), and was found innocent in court, and when the African American community found a peaceful way to protest these type o killings by cops through their most influential individuals by kneeling at football games, half the country spit at them.

Is it good for the community, is it positive? Absolutely not. It's purposely causing chaos and destruction which will hurt people. Would it be best if they could organize extremely well to do a meaningful peaceful protest that would garner just as much attention to their voices as rioting, of course, but why should that be expected? Why should they be held to that standard?

People aren't accepting people wrongly being killed in the street by the police without justice, so I support their protest, even if it's destructive, because the city is telling them to **** off by not arresting that cop, so might as well tell the city to **** off right back.

Nook likes this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

I hear you, and agree with you for the most part. I just have trouble getting beyond the looting part.

I don't think something like this gives you the right to loot. You wanna damage police cars or headquarters? I don't agree with it, but it proves your point far more than looting already struggling businesses.

Also, in this day and age, do these looters think they won't be prosecuted? And then they're putting themselves in the harms way they're protesting about...the policeman's handcuffs...

Anyways, they need to get these guys behind bars ASAP.

DVauthrin, Newlin and ThatBoyNick like this.