1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

99'ers will ALWAYS be on the INSIDE. We will always be part of the process. We were here before Austin Rivers and we will be here long after. @tinman

Lulz.

tinman likes this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

@Clutch

mr. fisher seems to have a recurring problem keeping his political whining points out of this forum. may i suggest a temporary break so he may gather his thoughts and emotions. hopefully he shall do so safely at home.

King1 and Sep11ie like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers = OCP
    everyone else = Detroit

rgw20014life and Ziggy like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Where’s Tilman’s plan?
    Or Les Alexander’s?

D-rock likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing, Karen, the manager will be right with you regarding your complaint about "whining"

Relax bro. The health risks from COVID19 are pretty relevant to the NBAs resumption, as much as they may inconvenience you personally.

See, e.g James Harden or perhaps more to your likings & leanings, Till-Man

Nook and tinman like this.
  8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Les proposes they restart in Florida and he'll keep an eye on the O'Brien Trophy so that it stays safe.

HoustonCRT and tinman like this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hold on becky, you came to me, multiples times in this thread, with the same tired political crap you spout at multiple posters who don't happen to fall in line with your own opinions. i do not sympathize w/ your diminutive stature nor the resultant napoleon complex which makes you continually seek control over others' posts here. the most asanine part of your cryshow is i haven't even lived in the states going on 2 decades now, meaning your MAGA 2020 etc barbs are not even anything relevant to me. @Clutch should give you a 2week break from the Game Action & Roster Moves forum for your own good. not being able to control what people post here is probably giving you a nervous break down

King1, YOLO and SamFisher like this.
  10. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I don't know who I feel worse for, the Dog getting choked to death by Karen or the Black man having to deal with NYPD and risk getting shot by a racist NYPD

SamFisher likes this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Whatever they choose to do will benefit the Lakers. Everything possible to get LeBron that next ring before he starts breaking down.

The 1-16 seeding format clearly benefits the Lakers:

1 Bucks 2 Lakers
    16 Magic 15 Nets

8 Heat 7 Jazz
    9 Thunder 10 Rockets

4 Clippers 3 Raptors
    13 Mavericks 14 Grizzlies

5 Celtics 6 Nuggets
    12 76ers 11 Pacers

Their biggest test would be the Rockets in the second round. After that, the Raptors? While the Clippers will play the Mavericks, Celtics or 76ers, and then the Bucks.

For the Rockets, I'd rather them face the Clippers in the second round than the Lakers. Even though the NBA would strongly prefer to see the Clippers move on, they don't NEED to see them move on like they seem to need the Lakers to be in the Finals.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Scott Foster, Tony Brothers, Ken Mauer, Ed Malloy, it's been too long!

NBA referee Scott Foster, tonight on NBA TV, when asked if he’s thought about how officiating in an empty arena might be different: “An immense amount of thought. I don’t know who I’d be more worried for, the players or referees at this point.

I know I don’t want everything that we normally say to each other going out. But normally we’re all in a professional manner out there. But it is going to be different. There’s going to be some assistant coaches that we haven't really heard from before sitting in the second row that we’ll be able to hear now, so there’s going to be some adjustment there. And then I think we’re going to need to really talk about and analyze what is OK for the public to hear and how we’re going to go about our business.

But it’s definitely going to be a different thing. I’m definitely looking forward to it. I think it’s going to be a really unique experience for the referees, players, coaches, everybody who’s going to go through this.”

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I've thought the opposite actually. That the Lakers are a better matchup for the Rockets than the Clippers.

The 1-16 seeding actually is not the bad for the Rockets. The Jazz without BB are wounded, though a tough matchup who know will use that side-defense on Harden. Raptors typically play Rockets tough, though they are easier opponent than the Bucks or Clippers.

JumpMan likes this.
  14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

The backlash was pretty bad for her. She got put on administrative leave for her job. Her dog was taken away. They are considering charging her with false accusation. As far I know nothing bad happened to him, luckily.

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah, once you get past the Lakers it looks good. I think the Rockets have better answers for Kawhi and George, though. As opposed to LeBron and Davis.

But my main concern is the refs favoring the Lakers.

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sounds like Foster is threatening the players.

Nook likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now we can hear what they say on the court.

D-rock likes this.
  18. PhiSlammaJamma

When we do go to cut out fans, this could be the greatest celebrity turnout we've ever had. Just sayin, it could be happening right now.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While this is more fair and I like a lot about it, it does favor the top teams getting easier opponents in the first round. If this format becomes NBA cannon, then first round upsets for the top teams will be more rare and more prized when they do occur.

As for this years Rockets, unless this team becomes cohesive and effective on defense, I dont see them getting out of the 2nd round. Just my opinion.

JumpMan likes this.