1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Graphic: Death shown] I found a genuine reason for armed protests.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by fchowd0311, May 26, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@fchowd0311

agree 100 percent of blame is on officers , just giving my take on what I saw

@dobro1229

I would argue what happened Is the definition of incompetence . Unless you think he actually wanted to kill the guy .

I think those guys absolutely lost control of the situation , were flustered by the crowd , and made increasing poor decisions .

was the knee to the head unnecessary in the first place ? probably . Do I know for certain? no .

like I said , I can’t go into the police officers head . Maybe having a big ego explains part of it . I don’t think any one motive can describe the situation . I think it’s a combination of factors from training , to crowd , to just poor judgement / ego .

Should the officers in question be punished ? Of course . At the very least they should never wear the uniform again .

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You can see it in the face of the murderer that his actions were not out of fear but anger and frustration that people were telling him what to do.

3. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

sick sick power trip.

jiggyfly, Blatz and Andre0087 like this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

sure looks that way. A literally sadistic act, even if there was no intent to kill the victim.

:(

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Everything I know about body language and facial expression tells me it was not fear in regards to the murderer. That is a man who knows what he is doing. I can appreciate snowconeman's opinion, but I just don't buy the incompetence explanation one bit.

The fear angle is where the partner comes into picture. Why was he afraid to do anything other than let his partner kill another man pointlessly. If anyone needs to be interviewed first as part of investigation and hopeful prosecution of that sick b*stard, it's him first.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

arrest immediately, charge with murder, and then give him the death penalty...if not the death penalty, then life in prison and let the inmates enact some jail justice

people like this is why I hope hell is real

slowly suffocating to death is a horrible way to die...this is horrific

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

#27 J.R., May 26, 2020
    Last edited: May 26, 2020
  8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Peaking out of retirement from D and D because this footage is insane.

This was true undeniable excessive force and murder. Lock the cops up and throw away the key. I am shocked when he stopped moving people didn't try to rush these cops to save the man. It was clearly a murder unfolding. We've seen these choke out murder situations before.

Disgusting.

That's all I gotta say.

Peace.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yes I don't know the intentions or the mindset of the other officer. He very well might have been afraid of his superior officer.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

@dobro1229

after watching again , I’m inclined to agree with you more . Initially I paid attention to the crowd control officer more than the other dude . Watching the knee-er , something does seem wrong with his psyche and he looked like he wanted to hurt someone .

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

the way he just kills him and walks off nonchalantly like it’s just another day on the job

some people have no soul

this is how u act when u don’t view someone as a human being...it’s like he had just killed a rodent...no big deal

if a bystander had gone and pushed the cop off of him, they might’ve been killed

u would think an act like this would require demon possession...some people are just sick and too far gone...their brains weren’t wired correctly

life in prison where he can spend a lot of time on his knees, or the death penalty...anything less is a sick joke

#31 Reeko, May 26, 2020
  12. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

People would most likely be shot and killed if they tried to rush the officer to save the man and then you would have the usual people here defending the cop's actions from beginning to the end. These officers are sick and need to be made an example out of...

DVauthrin likes this.
  13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This guy should be arrested for murder and his fellow officers should be liable too.

Straight up murder.

Police officers are so undertrained that it is sad.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I’m assuming the usual suspects will now begin attacking the victim’s past. Like he once shoplifted or had a drug possession charge.

I would like to be surprised by the usual suspects at least this one time.

15. Buck Turgidson

My god, I just watched that and I wish I didn't.

All they had to do was cuff him and (there were 2 ****ing cops) put him in the car. Boom. Done. How do you justify sitting on the guy's neck for 8 minutes or whatever until the guy is totally nonresponsive and basically turning blue...while the other cop is more concerned with the crowd?

This is federal, civil rights level prosecution. Good luck trying to defend this one.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

While they are under trained, there is no way that is responsible for such a total disregard for life. The fact that he continued to pin him well after he became motionless and never attempted to check for any sign of life makes it go much farther than that. Any sound minded human being would have stopped sooner. It's also hard to imagine police officer's are unfamiliar with Eric Garner's death and know the risk of choking a man to death.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

@fchowd0311, can you put a warning in the opening post? When I clicked play, I didn't know the man was going to die in the video. Some folks might appreciate a heads up to know what they're getting into.

B-Bob, JumpMan and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

agreed...something like this goes way beyond training

How much training do u need in order to realize that something like this is wrong?

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So far the responses show there is some hope for humanity, but you are right that there's an inevitable smear campaign that'll come out from the police leaking details to the media conveniently, and we'll see if those same folks then jump on the bandwagon to defend someone getting murdered because of petty crime, or smoking weed.

20. likestohypeguy

I am someone who usually sides with the police, wanting to find benefit of the doubt even when they make a mistake in the heat of the moment, engaging mistaken identity goes wrong, was he going for a gun or not, even when someone loses expert mode Simon-Says.

This, I can find no benefit of doubt here, like he didn't know he was killing him. Everyone was pleading with him to acknowledge this, among them a 1st responder simply begging them to check his pulse after he lost consciousness. But even without them, he knew it. At some point he knew he was killing him, but was already holding that position, so he couldn't relent at that point or else it'd seem like an admission he shouldn't have been doing it in the first place. So he chose to murder instead of losing face.

Not manslaughter. Not a mistake in a split second in the dark. Slow and deliberate murder, while everyone begged for him to stop. His buddies should be charged with accessory to murder for restraining the victim for him, and holding back those begging to spare his life including a 1st responder who was just trying to negotiate a PULSE CHECK. Even that couldn't have been done though, because it would have been someone else telling them what to do. Can't have it look like someone is telling them what to do, even if it's the right thing to do, even if it means your life.

#40 likestohypeguy, May 26, 2020