1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I completely understand and agree, but Democrats shouldn't be doing the absolute bare minimum just because Trump is one the worst people on Earth.

RayRay10 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Joe Biden isn’t the “ bare minimum.” He’s suffered from “ foot in the mouth” disease his entire career, since he was first elected to the Senate at age 29, becoming old enough to be a senator not long before he took his seat. President Obama picked him to be his vice-president anyway. Twice. He’s praised Joe countless times over the years. He’s endorsed him. That remark won’t change his opinion of the man.

Sure, I winced when I heard the remark and shook my head, but I’ll be voting for him in November with a smile on my face. Joe Biden will be a vast improvement over the monster currently in the Oval Office, desperate to keep his hold on power. The Vice-President towers over trump the conman, trump the bigot, trump the pathological liar.

Biden will do everything he can to heal the country from the wounds suffered because of trump and because of the virus he ignored far too long. Joe will continue to put his foot in it from time to time, but at least he’s honest. Joe isn’t afraid to admit it when he’s wrong. That by itself will be a refreshing change, a change we need, badly.

RayRay10, TheFreak, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  3. Major

Major Member

So why do you think the vast majority of Black Americans voted for him in the primaries?

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This is definitely the first "Biden struggles with black Democrats" take I've heard this year.

Anyway, you may need to realize too that Trump's opponent isn't Biden, it's the 50-60% of the country that hates him, the tens of millions of unemployed, and the hundreds of thousands dead.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What makes you believe this? He has no policies. He hasn't promised to do anything for anyone. Biden has been in his basement for 3 months trying to figure out his wifi.

Biden is absolutely the bare minimum because he is for nothing. He's just there doing noting, saying nothing promising nothing.

Can anyone tell me what Biden even stands for?

#465 DreamShook, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Clyburn and Obama.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I didn't say Biden struggles with Black Americans, I said he takes them for granted. He has done nothing for Black Americans to garner such support. The ONLY reason Biden doesn't struggle with Black Americans is because of his proximity to Obama.

Biden never had to work for the Black vote. Biden never did anything to get it. He feels he doesnt have to work to keep it.

I hope the I hate Trump vote is a large one.

#467 DreamShook, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
  8. Major

Major Member

So you're saying black people don't think for themselves and just vote for whoever Clyburn tells them to?

jiggyfly and Deckard like this.
  9. SamFisher

He never did anything except for be the faithful wingman of America's first black president for 8 years and earn the endorsement of every significant black leadership figure in the party.

I don't really get this at all. I don't love Biden but questioning his ability to clean up votes after he just mopped up while running a barebones campaign is.... inauspicious

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Don't forget Obama. It pains me to say it, but yep absolutely. After Biden swept the south with not even an office there; It was clear to me just how uninformed some of us are. It dawned on me nothing is going to ever change. The machinery is too strong.

The OVERWHELMING love for Obama, who himself didn't do anything for black people, is why Biden is the nominee. Obama has Avengers level Charisma.

People came out of the polls thinking Biden stood for M4A for goodness sake.

Junebball and B@ffled like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

What the hell does this do for anyone? Like I said, the proximity to Obama is all Biden has. How is this a strength for the president of the united states?

I want to know what Biden stands for? I don't give a damn who he is standing by in a photo.

12. SamFisher

Oh I see this is about relitigating the primary.

It's over, Bernie lost. Not that good at getting votes vis a vis Biden.

That's just the way it is and the way it will be in November. Biden gets Democratic votes whether you agree with them or not. This is something you should be grateful for right now.

RayRay10, TheFreak and Deckard like this.
  13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Obama gets democratic votes, not Biden. You would think people out here wouldn't be so damn cocky after 2016. Don't get cocky, Hilary was cocky. Biden needs to pick a black woman as VP (like it matters) lay low and shut the f-ck up and let the people around him wheel him into office.

Praying this vote by mail in Texas becomes a thing.

London'sBurning likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who should’ve won the primaries then? Bernie?

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is no evidence of being hopeful of Biden here with your post. You just say "Obama endorsed him and chose him as vice president".

Obama chose Biden as Vice President because Obama wanted to make sure the blue dog Democrats showed up to the polls to vote for him. That is literally the only reason he chose Biden.

I'll say it again,. Biden is better than Trump but he was probt the worst candidate out of the field of Democrats minus Bloomberg. What's up with presidential primaries these past 5 years where primary voters become idiots? Trump, Hillary, Biden...? 330 million Americans and these are the candidates we chose?

#476 fchowd0311, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    London'sBurning likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think Bernie represents Democrat values more especially FDR Democrat values. Biden is a reactionary hindsight president. He always choses the wrong side of history on major voting decisions such as repealing Glass Steagall and voting for the Iraq War and decades later tells everyone that he's a great decision maker but you have to ignore his past voting record because that was a long time ago. We only have your voting record to go by Joe and it's obvious that you are a bad decision maker. I've literally been asked by a unapologetic Biden supporter here why his voting record for Iraq matters as it was almost two decades ago. Really?

If you think Bernie is too "radical" than Pete would have been a far better choice than Biden along with Klobuchar and Warren.

#477 fchowd0311, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    Junebball likes this.
  18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Just beating Trump...

The best stance he can take...

T_Man

RayRay10, DreamShook and NewRoxFan like this.
  19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Heck... any other possible republican in the world and I would have second thoughts about Biden. Any. Other. Republican. But Biden isn't running against any other republican. He is running against trump. And he is running against everything about trump. That is reason enough to support Joe Biden. Regardless of his age, his gaffes and even regardless of who he chooses as VP.

20. SamFisher

I like the part where you warn him that he better do the things he's been doing.

Maybe campaign strategory and tactics is one thing Biden gets better than Bern30%anders?

jiggyfly likes this.