1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rams vs. Patriots

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Jan 27, 2002.

1. kbm

kbm Member

Whoa, Whoa, Whoop, Whoop, yes ,yes, the pats, yes, yes, yes! Oh my yes. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Nope. :D

HOW BOUT THEM PATS! WOOHOO!

3. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Way to go Patriots. Screw all you people saying this game was rigged. Whatever happened to teams that are supposed to win being upset? :rolleyes: I'm not a Patriots fan but the Rams beat my beloved Eagles so I hate the Rams now. WAY TO GO PATS!!!

4. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Yup. You got one right! ;) And I for one am glad. Not about who one - I like both teams - but because it actually was a great game.

Made the Super Bowl party I was at a hell of a lot better.:cool:

5. Lil Pun

Was it me or were there more Patriot fans in New Orleans than Ram fans??? Everytime the Rams screwed up or the Pats did something good the crowd got its loudest. Why were so many Patriot fans there or why were so many people cheering for the Patriots? My only two guesses are 1. Because the Saints are in the NFC West with St. Louis 2. With all the stuff that has happened people were just cheering for the Patriots to show country support.

6. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Cat, Tex, Timing, Me:D, others who picked the Pats, great job! For the rest of you, many of whom often among my compadres, there is next year.

I just didn't see how anyone who say the Rams-Iggles and Pats-Steelers game didn't really believe the Pats had a chance. 14.5 points was crazy.

The Superbowl MVP should have been Ty Law--that play set the whole tone, or maybe co-MVP with Law, Milloy and or super kicker. The Pats secondary was awesume, but then again they have Terrell freakin Buckley as a dime back , of course they are great.

Also the reason Bruce, Hakim and Holt(especially) started sliding after the catch is because they were getting killed. Watch the Rams first couple of drives, the Pats secondary was pummelling them whether they caught the ball or not.

Props again to some smart poster ;) who was saying the Rams were beat up from Phily and it would show in the short weak. In fact the whole Ty Law play happened because the substitute RT totally, and completely, let the end go strait to Warner. NE only sent 4 on that play I believe, it didn't require anything special on the OL. Also, Faulk and Warner were also hurting most of the game as well. With the timing/precision of the Rams offense, it was asking too much for these bruised and battered guys to be their normal high-level selves against the most disciplined defense in the league.

7. Lil Pun

I didn't actually pick the Patriots (In fact I never made a pick) but I was going for them.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

9. likestohypeguy

[​IMG]

PhiSlammaJamma likes this.