1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets star James Harden not ready for NBA’s return until pandemic has ‘calmed down’

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 21, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

It makes sense because he’s never been one to be involved or take part of league matters or discussions. He does him and keeps it moving. There isn’t some mysterious reasoning. That’s just him. It’s that simple. Dude has been out and about getting workouts in since the beginning of April. If he’s truly trying to wait til it’s “calmed down” it certainly doesn’t look that way. Other than being fat we’ve been told, he’s going to be just fine

2. fattz

fattz Member

This a hundred times. Harden is a real person like you and me. He needs to do what is right for him long term. He has a lot of money so his choices are more than most. Only love and respect to him in what ever he does. My entertainment is not worth another’s health. His choose is his; he has to live with himself long after we forget about him.

AceOfSpades, BMoney, Nook and 5 others like this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If pippen could start for Portland trailblazers at age 38 then harden can wait.

4. amaru

amaru Member

I’m sure Harden is also concerned for the health of his mother. Just going off of her age and physique, she is probably in the higher risk category. Look what happen to the Towns family :(

AceOfSpades, Deuce, BMoney and 2 others like this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That Bulls team got away with the same stuff the Warriors do against the Rockets... What will be Harden's take?

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

GOOD.

DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  7. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

As well as Royce White... He just wants everyone to #Be Well!

8. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea let’s label him lazy because he isn’t working out atm. He is just sitting at home and eating chips. Smh. Have u seen him working out. He is leaner and looks more cut. Just because she wants to be cautious doesn’t mean he doesn’t wan to play.

also like someone said he might be worried about his own health. Or his mom. People forget that KAT lost his mom to covid19 (RIP). This isn’t just about playing games. Is about the players being safe and if and when they come back this season they havw To have protocols and testing, they need to do it the right way. No need to rush.

BMoney, DVauthrin, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

He’s being smart. Sports is NOT the most important thing right now. He can wait, and we can wait.

10. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

40m sitting at home and doing nothing or playing with the potential of dying....
    yeah....i think sitting at home making 40m is the easier route.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Them."

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Christ Almighty, how people fall into the same damned narrative.

He almost carried the team on his back into the NBA Finals when CP3 went down. If Golden State hadn't been allowed to get away with undercutting our three-point shooters, we probably would have been there.

Hell, even CWebb and Reggie Miller were howling, "How is that not a foul?" several times during the broadcast---and then went to their prepared script at the end of Game 7 about how once again Harden could not deliver. Almost gave me whiplash.

Scarface likes this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

Have you always been this dumb?

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

All due respect, this says nothing about whether he suits up or not.

One can assume he would play.

Sure, it's his decision as its Westbrook's.

fattz and YOLO like this.
  15. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

No, I've been reading too many of your posts and my IQ drops every time.

16. fattz

fattz Member

These are very interesting times. The point I was trying to make is If he or anyone else doesn’t come back; I will not think less of them. The virus is real and unforgiving to some. The city of Houston lost it’s #2 person behind the mayor this week because of it. BUT if the NBA does play I will definitely be watching. Crazy times.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The best way to protect is likely isolating those star players, providing only 1 bodyguard who will stay away 6 feet at all times.

I'll be honest, I don't know what athletes with asthma need other than an inhaler, maybe no mask time?

Everyone gets a single room......

They probably will have extra protocol in place for players and coaches that suffer from underlying health issues.

Btw they won't disclose how Gobert contracted the virus so can't say where the risks are.

#37 daywalker02, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
  18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

what's the point of this if they will all be together on the court?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Getting a single room wouldn’t be a new thing for players.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Harden is right. You can’t NBA until it is safe to strip club!