1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was this a slip of the tongue about Morey’s future

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texkap8, May 17, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

But we do look kindly on mob bosses.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’s pretty obvious the Tilman Morey pairing is not gonna last too long. Morey wants to win titles. He doesn’t want to penny pinch. He’ll thrive elsewhere soon enough, whether he’s forced out or just gets an offer from elsewhere.

Elephant810 and kjayp like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Morey to Tilman: Shut up and listen. If you fire me, who is going to get LTS for you and still look competitive?

jayydela, Invisible Fan and apollo33 like this.
  4. BigBum

BigBum Member

Drexler said Paul is better than WB on everything.

Nobody understands The reasons offer 4 future firsts.

tycoonchip likes this.
  5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ESPN is as bad as the Chinese government

6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think we all knew that if Tilman's businesses were going to suffer, it meant that Morey is gone as a by-product because Tilman will meet China's demands to get more money.

7. fattz

fattz Member

I think this is a sad reality.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I entered this thread because I was thinking it was a Zach Lowe, or somebody whose words would hold even just a tiny ounce of weight, was discussing Morey...instead, I got Richard Jefferson -_-

I was catfished

taking what he says as anything more than an opinion, an opinion that doesn’t matter, should not be happening

SamFisher, slothy420 and D-rock like this.
  9. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

F_ck Chinar.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey has costed the whole NBA about a trillion dollars. He outdid himself.

I thought it was bad when he extended McHale for another 5 years but then he said hold my beer.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He does not need to be Krause or Buford to just win 1 championship.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, we elected a certified draft dodger that consistently craps on one of the most brave men to ever live in John McCain, even after he is dead.

homewight, London'sBurning and D-rock like this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

If he worked for the Texans, all he has to do is win one division championship to get a contract for life.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

Bro did u even click the video? Richard Jefferson is one of the biggest idiots on TV. He was pretty adamant about dmorey being fired tho. That’s a pretty dick move. That 100% comes from (Lebron) being his best friend. Lebron has been vocal about his Morey hate as well

D-rock likes this.
  15. JackLordsHair66

Not to add any gasoline to this fire, but Tilman is meeting with the Trump Admn as a restaraunter today and I happened to throw the stream on about 30 mins ago as Tilman and Trump began interacting, and Trump brought up Morey ( just said your GM) and the comments he had made re: China and pointedly asks Tilman if he had fired his GM for that situation yet and Tilman dances around it and said no but in the most unconvincing and wishy washy way ever, then says with a chuckle, "its a trick question Mr. PRESIDENT" to Trump. If I were Morey and I heard that exchange I'd be looking for my exit strategy right now !!!!

D-rock likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

#36 J.R., May 18, 2020
    Last edited: May 18, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  17. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

not only that , but china’s reaction seems to me to be way overboard and way above possible expectations for pissing them off.

I mean who even is darly Morey ? His tweet , which was deleted super quickly was not even a big deal until China threw a monstrous fit.

threatening the profits of the entire nba because one dude made a tweet . Billions of dollars ? The rockets in sure have lost hundreds of millions of dollars .

it would be one thing if it was the Chinese people just deciding not to consume the rockets anymore or turn off the nba .... but it wasn’t . It’s the government .

the backlash against the nba and rockets and Morey is absurd . And if you are really that pissed off about it , explain why .. and give the parties a chance to come to a mutual understanding . It shouldn’t be that hard

it’s China trying to gain power .

and frankly I think you are right that if tillman bent the knee quickly on this issue that he would rightfully be perceived as a coward and would lose a lot of domestic support . I mean **** the guy anyways , but this would be icing on top

D-rock likes this.
  19. JackLordsHair66

Ok my apologies Tilman brought it up not Trump but Tilmans response was uncomfortable at best.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hope Morey doesn’t have to deal with this dude much longer