1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That big head of his will clog the toilet!

Nook, Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not going to put a lot of stock in polls now either way but personally I find it troubling that Biden is only leading by 5% given how bad things are.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup I would rather Democrat voters not feel confident. There needs to be a fear and urgency in our turnout. That means these type of fluff pieces of Biden having a "commanding lead" are harmful in my opinion.

A reason for lower Democrat turnout for Hillary was that many people just didn't contemplate a actual Trump presidency. Even Trump himself was surprised he won.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

Attacking Biden’s age is a great strategy to grab undecided voters! /Sarcasm

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Biden will win this in a landslide.

8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

The Tara Reade stuff hurt Biden a bit. He was up about 7-8 points a couple weeks ago before the Reade stuff started gaining mainstream attention. Biden's got a big lead with female voters so I imagine most of the losses came from that demographic.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The more deceitful and malicious Trump gets when it comes to handling the pandemic, trying to change death count reporting, pumping false news, egging on hate groups and protesters, etc.. the more people he will turn against him. He is playing a dangerous game to make himself look better, and risking people's lives by trying to suppress and scoff at the experts.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Or you could look at it as he’s up by 5 without even having to appear in public for months.

RayRay10 and jiggyfly like this.
  11. CCorn

CCorn Member

I wish we had a strong candidate running for senate in Texas. Could potentially make texas a swing state at the top of the ticket if things get worse.

The video said it’s an even race currently, but I find that hard to believe.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So i'm not one to constantly whine about the polls but this one recently is just straight up garbage. Not saying Biden is only up by 5% nationally but there are major problems with both the sample size and how they conflated the "swing states" together. Kind of a garbage poll.

I like the aggregate polling the best. The polling averages for the Swing states on RealClear has Biden down in only North Carolina. Penn he is up 6 points on average.

Here's some facts as well... Biden has been at his lowest in the past 6 months during two distinct periods -

-Christmas vacation
    -Pandemic explosion

All other times that the news was focused on the daily Trump fiasco he has consistently been at least 6 points above Trump. So in order for Trump to go into November where he is at his strongest from a polling perspective it seems like he needs the American electorate to be very ho hum not paying attention, or he needs to find a way to make Biden as un-desirable as Hillary. Because right now the electorate has consistently been feeling pretty good about Biden vs. Trump when Trump is presented as buffoonish as he has been most of the time. If I was Trump strategist and could control him, I'd tell him to basically say nothing for 6 months, and try and let health experts and governors figure out how to re-open the country and economy.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We do actually. MJ is ex military, a biker chick, etc. but for some reason is getting no national coverage unlike Beto. I think the Texas Senate race will mostly be a referendum on Abbott honestly. I think most people will go into that voting booth with their mind made up about Trump/Biden but when they go down ticket the first thing that'll pop in their mind will be "how has Texas been vs the rest of the country?" MJ needs every single Biden voter, and possibly a few Trump voters so the more she can find her way on the local scene to focus on Texas issues and how Abbott, Cruz, and Cornyn have failed, the better she'll do.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... but what is wrong with the other 77%?

23% of Republicans Think GOP Should Nominate Someone Other Than Trump
    https://politicalwire.com/2020/05/14/23-of-republicans-wish-trump-wasnt-their-nominee/

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

How can anyone watch this video and think that Joe Biden is mentally fit for the Presidency? Was there a single rational thought in that entire clip? The guy has lost his marbles!

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

You’re right. The best thing this country could do is have trump step down and have a younger more competent person take his place.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden last night on MSNBC commits to not issuing a pardon for Trump if he wins.

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yes Trump has! He's not only crazy but dangerous. He is putting everyone but himself and his family at risk by blatantly throwing up the middle finger to any medical experts.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why would Trump need to be pardoned?

This ranks up there with locking Hillary up.

20. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

Good...no previous president has ever been prosecuted, but we've never had a president like Trump either. If he has committed crimes, he deserves to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.