1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advice to my friends in texas

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 13, 2020.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The people in these other states are not “different” than you folks. The sick people in Michigan, New Jersey, New York, etc aren’t engineered to be more susceptible. They just happened to be packed closer. Texas has had a relatively benign course, but as the lockdown has ended be extremely careful. It looks like the numbers are already rising, and this thing is just waiting to unleash on you guys. The majority of the country has actually been spared if you look at places with confirmed cases. I’ve seen how this turns a place into a war zone, so just take care of yourself and be kind to those around you.

2. Buck Turgidson

Yeah they are. Doesn't mean they're not good people, but they're sure as hell different. That's what makes things interesting, it'd be pretty damn boring if everyone was the same.

King1 and tinman like this.
  3. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I mean in terms of being susceptible to the virus..

mikol13, B-Bob and Buck Turgidson like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

Oh. Well nevermind.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

and the males in those other states on average have much smaller penises. But outside of that, we are all the same.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Vitiman D surplus.

superfob, B-Bob, Pringles and 3 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Gotta ask....did you ever go ice fishing?

daywalker02 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

@LosPollosHermanos what would you know? My mother informed me that this will all be over in 2 weeks!

B-Bob, Amiga, Xerobull and 2 others like this.
  9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What makes Texas different is just because you’re not from Texas doesn’t mean Texas doesn’t want you anyway ... which, paradoxically, leads to indifference.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I could definitely do without all these Californians coming here.

11. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

They have small weenies I hear

Xerobull likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

13. Newlin

Newlin Member

How would you know that?

Don’t answer that question.

14. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

How dare you question him? He's an expert. Please see username.

LonghornFan and CCorn like this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I feel for your struggle and we do need to maintain caution in all levels of our lives, but we don't need to distort where the risk is. The reality is that non-white populations are at significantly higher risks for a variety of reasons. This needs to be stated so they can take appropriate precautions and proactive measures. The clear differences between the groups are BMI, biological differences with salt sensitivity and hypertension, uncontrolled diabetes, and extreme vitamin D deficiency. I can go into greater detail if needed, but these things are backed by data and studies. Also, helping to fix these risk factors can help out with a lot of other health issues.

The virus does not follow the concepts of equality. We already know the elderly are at extreme risks, but we have to address other demographic differences. The good thing is in the vast majority of cases underlying conditions are controllable as long as they are known and addressed.

This image is from the New York state data that excludes NYC. I shared it in the other covid thread, but this information is important to share.

[​IMG]

Last, a major factor in Texas' infections going up is because testing continues to increase. The 5 day average of percentage of tests positive dropped to a new low today at 5.25% and testing is up about 50% since May 1. We absolutely need to continue to keep our guard up because thinks can get out of control quickly with a virus that is so extremely infectious. We also need to keep working to get the absolute number of infections down, but on the positive side our total recovered cases is greater than our active cases.

Astrodome likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Thanks to Abbot, all Texas State employees will be back at work by June 1.

That’s a LOT of people. About 150k.

17. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well the GOP doesn't care about people so they will open things up and let the death toll rise.....

They could have dealt with it much earlier and stopped it, but the MORON at the top called it a hoax and said it would go away.

Yeah, what great leadership - NOT !

DD

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

There needs to be a scientific study correlating penis size and susceptibility to the virus. I'd read that.

20. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

You’re taking some things out of context, it’s not “non-white”, the only group that I think is higher risk is AA and it’s hypothesized to be related to ace. All those other groups are at risk, the reason you can’t take those numbers at face value is because the virus has predominantly affected large cities, which are inherently more diverse. These are all retrospective studies done from 50 thousand feet away, you can say that there may be a link but you can’t pass off your assertions as fact and give out recommendations at this point imo. I do agree, that perhaps AA should probably exercise the greatest caution. Lots of new info coming out, interesting times

Amiga, Xerobull and B-Bob like this.