1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Not my Favorite Teammate"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, May 14, 2020.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Bullard with choice words about Scottie Pippen.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...e-pippen-not-my-favorite-teammate-on-rockets/

“When Scottie Pippen left the Bulls, I didn’t realize that he was coming off of being very underpaid for seven years,” Bullard said. “I didn’t know that he had that saltiness about being underpaid when he came to us. But I do remember, the rest of us — when Scottie came, and it was already after training camp had started a little bit — he came into Houston, and he never really did integrate himself into the Rockets’ organization.”

Bullard continued:

He never really tried to make an effort to be a Houston Rocket. … He was coming in thinking, ‘Hey, I’m Michael Jordan.’ I mean, not really Michael Jordan, but ‘I’m Scottie Pippen.’ And the rest of us could feel that. Those types of things still stick with me. … Looking back on all the teammates I’ve had, I would say that Scottie Pippen was not one of my favorite teammates. Because when I did play with him, he wasn’t trying to be a Rocket. He was just trying to be the man, and it didn’t really work.

I wonder who else could have been referred to as "not my favorite teammate" over the years... my list:
    1. Royce White
    2. Dwight Howard
    3. Vassilis Spanoulis​

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That's probably why he fit so perfectly with the Jail Blazers after we were done with him.

RocketRed84 likes this.
  3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I could score 40 a game, if I wanted to.

4. heypartner

4. Two Sandwiches

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

TRUTH

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's why I savored when Robert Horry hit clutch shot after shot with the lakers vs Portland.
    I'm glad he never turned into the 'next pippen'

D-rock and fattz like this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

One of the worst things you can do as a Houston Rocket (probably top 3) is to openly question Rudy T, especially when you weigh 350+

heypartner likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He cost us the playoffs by losing the ball against the Lakers and blamed Barkley - what an asshat!

DD

9. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Pippen wanted to be THE MAN. He was an excellent valet but he proved every year but the one full year of MJ baseballing he was just a terrific valet.

Syay in your lane, and hey ESPN: off ESPN.

D-rock likes this.
  10. alethios

alethios Member

Didn't Barkley take a pay cut so Pippen could come here on a promise that he would be compensated later? At least Barkley gave us his best effort while he was here which is more than anyone could say for Pippen.

jcf and D-rock like this.
  11. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Pippen is like KD. Always so senstive and want to be given crazy for everything.

Pippen decided to sit and not play after Phil called for a play for Toni. KD always whining at his team if he doesn't get the ball or coach doesn't call a play for him

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pippen lost me when he started complaining about playing too many minutes. We finally PAY this mother****er, and he's complaining about playing? What a world.

D-rock and Elephant810 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Players weren't so business driven in the past, and yes, he did sign a poor contract over 6 years with the Bulls, he is part responsible for it too.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why was V-span a bad teammate?

Royce wasn't an ******* to the teammates mainly, he was one to every fan and the organization.

He actually shoved opponents to protect teammates but it went overboard in pre season games.

He didn't put bball over his other hobbies.

15. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

This thing about Pip being underpaid is getting way more attention than it deserves. MJ was barely making more other than in his last two seasons....

bmelo likes this.
  16. lnchan

Jordan was savvy enough to sign with Hanes, Nike, Gatorade, Wheaties, Chevrolet, and mob bosses in Atlantic City/Vegas

topfive likes this.
  17. lnchan

Complaining about minutes when they didn't deserve any.

heypartner likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's probably majority of players complaining one or the other way about PT or touches.

19. heypartner

yep, anytime an end-of-bench role player complains to..the..media about minutes, they are put on The List.

tinman likes this.
  20. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Does DMO's agent make the list?