1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rocket: Jeremy Lin says he never wanted to be a Rocket

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, May 2, 2020.

1. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I'm sure it has been said MULTIPLE times in the thread already: we never wanted him as a Rocket either. Just brought pain and suffering to this beautiful BBS with him.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

3. jdhi

jdhi Member

4. adoo

adoo Member

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you were talking to yourself

which qualifies that you aren't sane enough to say anything about Morey,
    the Rockets, or math or english or how to make a science project out of vinegar and baking soda

trolls usually like to troll others, but you trolling yourself is hard to top

@Reeko @Jontro @CometsWin

CometsWin likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I’ll never forget we were having a house party during the OU game the night of the Harden trade and as soon as the ticker on the screen read “James Harden traded to the Houston Rockets”, my wife... who is a drama teacher who hates sports said “oh man... Jeremy Lin cannot be happy about that.”

One of the best moments of my life as Rockets fan. I still am in shocked they pulled off that trade.

RocketRed84, tinman and s3ts like this.
  7. Caprah

Caprah Member

Just like his dumbass fans he is in denial. They blame everyone else to hide the fact that he was nothing more then a middle of the road average player

vlaurelio likes this.
  8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

dammit. mchale may not have been the greatest coach ever, but i always enjoyed him as an announcer. i had remained oblivious of this until now.

9. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm not a huge lin for or anything, but i'm pretty sure j.r. and melo were saying "can you believe they are offering all this money to this asian guy who stole our spotlight with his asian-ness?" there's no doubt their feelings would be different if he were black. athletes seem to have a pretty strong code to stay out of each other's contract business so for melo to call a pending contract "ridiculous" shows how much he hated losing the spotlight and wanted to get back to the business of being the man and racking up 30 wins a year. you'd think we offered lin the max.

honestly if lin should be bitter against anyone the most, it would be melo. melo hated that he got injured and then some fringe nba player started winning and getting attention more than he ever did. i don't know why lin thought he wanted to go back to NY because melo was going to make that untenable. whether even a fraction of linsanity could have ever lasted even with melo out of the way is unlikely (since it was the perfect storm of fringe player with nothing to lose, crappy team with nothing to lose and unbridled fan support that couldn't last forever, but confidence is a weird thing) or whether the physics of not being that athletic or overly talented would inevitably set in, melo definitely made sure it was never going to have a chance. nobody ever deserved losing more than carmelo anthony. seemingly went out of his way to ensure he would lose.

10. SemisolidSnake

I've thought for years that Lin's contract really was a poison pill to the Rockets. Imagine if they don't have that albatross hanging around their neck during the up and coming years of James Harden. I figure Morey had to devote significant resources just to scrubbing it out of the organization. Resources that could've been building a better team.

Thanks, Les. Not only did you force your GM to rebuy a player at an absurd price to sate your Chinese obsession, but you even forced said player to come here against his own desire.

In the end, Jeremy Lin has tens of millions of dollars and a ring, so I'm not shedding any tears for him, even though I don't have any animosity towards him. But I weep for the Rockets starting the Harden Era with a ball and chain.

11. Caprah

Caprah Member

Exactly.nothing more then a average run of the mill scrub

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

WTF is Lin talking about? He was a Rocket before he was a Knick. So to say he didn’t know the organization or city is a lie?

Sanctity and tinman like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm not so sure Lin is being truthful here.

1. Linsanity had a definitive end in New York. There wasn't any "Can this type of performance carry over into next season?" talk at all.
    2. It ended because Carmelo ended it and, IIRC, Carmelo was still a Knick the year after Linsanity.
    3. In a battle of star power and salary implications Lin wasn't going to win
    4. Houston, at that time, didn't have a franchise player. Remember Harden wasn't even in the picture until the week before the season started. When Lin was "forced" to sign that poison pill contract he probably saw it as an opportunity for him to be one of the lead dogs on a team that didn't have anyone of note outside of Chandler Parsons (no offense to Delfino and 'Cisco). If Lin is as competitive as he makes himself out to be...why would you want to go back to a team that clearly want to put you into a smaller role when there's another team that not only would pay you more money but also would probably let you dominate the ball every night?
    5. Of course 10/27/12 happened and the rest is history.

So yea, by him stating that he didn't want to be in Houston and begged to stay in New York is kinda.....weird.

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

One thing is for certain

the ball didn't want to go in the basket when Lin was here

you job is to play basketball well fake tebow jesus boy , they are paying you millions of dollars

16. PhiSlammaJamma

All I can say is don't play games with your life. If you wanted to be a Knick, then you sign with the Knicks. And then let your play bankroll you long term. The knicks were fools. They could have printed money with Lin. But Lin underestimated the cheap bastards.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

He decided to go to the greedy b*stard Les
    And even he didn’t want him anymore

that’s like a coke addict not wanting cocaine
    That was a failure

18. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Lin never could shoot when it mattered like all the better point guards and couldn't do the things Rondo could quite as well... That ended him.

19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

No one cares about lin anymore! He's in Wuhan playing for the Corona Basketball team. I don't understand how a scrub still gets mentioned so much in this forum. We don't talk about Rodrick Rhoades or Michael Dickerson that much. We don't even talk about Matt Maloney that much and he at least helped us to the Western Conference. It is 2020 and people still have to start a thread about this guy. He could still write poems about his time in Houston. I still wouldn't care and neither should any of us. No one even talks about his tenure on the knicks anymore. It is over like his basketball career.

King1, Invisible Fan and JumpMan like this.
  20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Lin was stupid to donate what!? one million to Harvard. I'm sure he will miss that money and perhaps now Lin is vindictive after possibly being broke and out of money!

God speed New York, Houston, and rockets fans worldwide.