1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think they are doing an extended preview, I have it as well.

They usually do a preview for about a week 3 times a year but this has been going on for about a 3 weeks now.

Are you getting the entire package 565-573 I like the shorts TV channel as well.

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

it may end tomorrow. It’s been about a month. They just added Showtime and TMC for the weekend or week but I swear the content is lacking so far. Absolutely nothing I want to watch so far aside from the Homeland finale.

3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I did not know about the showtime and TMC weekend.

Will check it out.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have been catching up on 90 day this Ash guy is a revelation.

That meltdown in the seminar was hilarious, what the hell was he exspecting, it was almost hard to watch.

Almost.:D

5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Veep has been hilarious. Julia Louis Dreyfus can still get it

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finished Bodyguard 7/10 enjoyable show that is only 6 episodes and did not telegraph how it will end.

They stuck the ending a well.

Stated Altered Carbon I think I will really enjoy this show, I don't know why I tried Another Life instead of this.o_O

You can really tell how much more budget is in AC than AL it makes a huge difference.

Kim likes this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just watched a monkey on a motorcycle try to kidnap a baby ... is this off-topic?

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

WTF!

I have so many questions.

Was that guy giving the monkey on the bike directions?

Did the monkey have previous beef with the child?

Where was the monkey trying to take the child?

Why was the child not more frightened?

Was the child running back to get the bike?

Where did the monkey get the bike?

Who taught the monkey how to ride?

Did I miss anything?

IDIOT!

Kim likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Green Room. Available on demand and also Netflix. Thriller Drama Action. Very smart writing, good acting, and one of Anton Yelchin's final movies (the Star Trek reboot Chekov) before his early death (crushed by his own Jeep manufacturing flaw).

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

"Island At War" on Amazon prime. 6/10. The mini series focuses on the German occupation of the Channel Islands. Could have easily been a 9/10 but failed in conveying fear. Ho humm, we're getting invaded by extremely nice Nazis who just want to have affairs and shop for milk.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone see Justice League Apokalyps War?

Where?
    How good?
    I just cannot see paying 20$ until I get some good feedback

Rocket River

13. donkeypunch

Im pretty sure Jonah Ryan is the greatest character there is, on television.

Jonah Ryan 2026

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was pretty good.

Rocket River

16. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

the 8-episode Manhunt: Unabomber (or Manifasto) based on the unique and true crime events in history, i watched it days ago
    though the construction of the series are impeccable, but the mini series of season 1 got truly ****ed up by its director cuz he could either highlighted the heroic profiler Fitz or told us more about the fascinating life of Ted Kaczynski as well as his allegorical interpretation on our outta control society and our nowadays life.
    he didn't, the only thing he only lead us to know which actually we already knew is, FBI are group of badasses n shitty idiots.

w/o Paul Bettany's performance, i would lose my patience n give up halfway, he got so sexy even though the role he played is a crazy nerd. much much talented than Sam Worthington which totally a bum!

------------------------------snl version of ted....

body slam likes this.
  17. Lemonte

Lemonte Member

I've been watching very little sports. I liked the old sports paradigm. I am curious if the virus will really allow pro sports to even exist. I don't watch much
    sports video from the past.
    Two of my favorite shows that I watch is The First 48 hours and Drugs Inc. I play a lot of free cell & solitaire on Apple TV. That's about it.

18. Buck Turgidson

Congressman Roger Furlong has my vote.

donkeypunch likes this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

Star Wars Episode 9: The Rise of Skywalker - 4 out of 10. I was prepared for a **** show and it delivered. I never thought anything Star Wars related could ever make me admire the prequels of Episodes 1-3, but I was obviously wrong.

1917 - 9 out of 10. What a film! So well done and made in so many 1 shots that really brought the intensity and urgency of the story home.

Waco: 8 out of 10. Six part mini series covering the Waco tragedy of 1993 which I'm sure many of us here are very familiar with as we lived through that time. Given the sources of the background material for the writers (FBI hostage negotiator, ATF undercover agent, Former Davidian who escaped the fire) it looks to be accurate although biased against the Federal Govt. Maybe that's accurate I dunno. I do feel like at the time the Davidians were portrayed as crazys but most likely were normal people searching for answers caught up in something awful.

Ozark Season 3: I've only gotten through the first 2 episodes so no rating yet but it seems to have kept the tone and feel of the first 2 seasons going. So far, I'm intrigued with the storylines they've set up.

Shows I haven't watched but am intrigued by:

Babylon Berlin
    Narcos Mexico
    ZeroZeroZero (gonna be awhile tho...don't have Amazon Prime)

20. donkeypunch

Could yall imagine doing this whole Corona thing, say about 25 years ago? Holy ****, the hotbed of contraction would be at Blockbuster Video. We are so ****ing spoiled with the www. and the streaming services offered now and we still get bored. Crazy.

arkoe likes this.