1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Horry Speaks. Jordan fears the Nigerian Nightmare.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RasaqBoi, May 9, 2020.

1. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Orlando Magic beat Jordan's Bulls in the 1995 playoffs, and the Rockets SWEPT the Magic in the Finals that year. So, it's not ridiculous to think the Rockets had a good chance to beat the Bulls if they had met in the Finals.

Jordan's Bulls were 6-0 in the Finals, but they were not undefeated in the playoffs. They were beaten repeatedly by the Pistons, and lost to Shaq's Magic. They were also taken to tough 7 game series by the Knicks and Pacers, and could have lost to the Suns in the 93 Finals if a few balls had bounced differently. They were not invincible.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  2. jim petersen84

netflix is too corporate to air it. I have seen a few independent features on it.
    0-1 vs don nelson and sidney moncrief's bucks, 0-2 vs bird, 1-3 vs isiah thomas

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Jordan had lost a step after the 97 win against jazz.

Jordan had definitely lost a step with the missed game winner in game 6 of pacers ecf in 98 for sure. Obviously, Jordan tripped over his own feet on the drive to the bucket with missed game winner.

Against pacers in 98, the double teams almost got Jordan for sure except kukoc kept defense honest.

4. fattz

fattz Member

Bill Walton before his injury was on Dream’s level and he played with the Blazers back when both his feet worked.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The reason Horry has to keep telling the same story over and over again

is that the Bulls have like 7 Episodes on ESPN
    and the Rockets have ZERO

and back to back champion Rockets will have ZERO after 100 years
    cause that's how much they wanted the KNICKS to win in 94

If the Knicks won in 94, There would be like 1000 Episodes

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Watching last night, mine bride told me she was confused. Jordan missed 1 and a half seasons? But the Rockets won and that can’t be based on what she had been hearing.

I had to explain that MJ’s return did not fit any narrative so it’s essentially ignored in the historical record.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Dude pulled what you call today as a Kahwi Leonard

back in the day people never took days off they played every game
    Unless they were really hurt
    Also Jordan was training for a comeback . No wear and tear if you only play half a season

Biggest coverups in history

1. Rockets winning two championships
    2. Alien beings held in New Mexico

nobody will believe #1 ever happened

@Jontro

xiki and Jontro like this.
  8. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Cleaning up professional sports should be first priority for the new administration.

9. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Seriously, Horry's ships depended on his co-superstars, you really think someone expected him to win 7?

No altercation, no Laker deal, no triple at least.

#30 daywalker02, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
  11. lnchan

No trade --> Utah would not have been in the finals twice. Rockets could beat the Bulls at least once as Horry and Cassell enter their primes. 3 point focused offenses would have come into play early with chips won by Olajuwon + 4 3 pt shooters (Horry, Bullard, Cassell, Price, Mack, Maloney, Drexler, Johnson).

D-rock likes this.
  12. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I will give you credit on the Rockets 95 team. They would have beat the bulls. Mike wasnt at the top of his game and they didnt have Horace grant.

Patience and saleem like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I only subtracted the Laker deal but it takes a tad more to nix the Phoenix deal, whatever drove them there.

There is also another reason the Rockets never had a long dynasty, the Front Office was only good but not great.

They did some good and followed up with lateral moves that didn't accomplish it.

I am sure they would have traded away those players regardless for some washed veterans.

#33 daywalker02, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  14. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't remember the 92 finals well enough but I imagine guarding Jordan might have had something to do with that.

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

At least Rudy T finally, at last finally, gets recognized. Thank Area 51 for finally getting through to those voters; the ETs = the antidolts.

16. lnchan

Funny that the lowest seed championship team gets more respect than a team that was taken more seriously at the time. People forget Otis Thorpe was an all-star and among the league leaders on field goal %.

D-rock likes this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

I know the newbs don't understand what Horry is doing

We call it
    "Keeping it real'

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Then the blazers have Danny ainge as backup point guard and you know Danny ainge not gonna offer much resistance to Michael Jordan.

How do you foul out five different players in 1992 nba finals?

Dont fans pay good money to see those players?