1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Elderly Woman Kicked in the Face

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, May 7, 2020.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I'm a rage a holic ala George Costanza, but I'd never kick any old woman in the face because I'm pretty sure they'd kick my a$#

2. Buck Turgidson

You couldn't get your leg that high. Might kick her in the shins though.

But seriously, WTF makes someone do this and film it while laughing like it's cool?

3. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

As a general statement that's probably true. The Twin Cities is still very progressive and open but that part of St Paul is a working class area that has had a history of racial tension that pre-dates Covid-19. In addition to Hmong families, there are working class families of other ethnicities. And there has always been a base level of tension between ethnic groups in the area. Covid-19 has made it a lot worse.

The Somali community lives primarily in Minneapolis so they aren't close to the stuff going on St Paul. But the Somali community had a large uptick in harassment after Trump called out Somali refugees at one of his rallies in Minnesota (in addition to the issues caused by his "Muslim ban")

The thing about the Twin Cities is that it is hyper segregated (some of the worst segregation in the US). The Twin Cities is in the top 10 among wealthiest metro areas in the US (and the other cities on that list tend to be coastal cities with much higher cost of living) so in that sense the Twin Cities really stands out among American metro areas. But we still have issues around race as well. You can look at measures such as school performance and see incredibly strong numbers but underneath that is massive education gaps for minorities and Native Americans.

4. Buck Turgidson

Thanks, man. Learn something new every day.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep true on both points. There have been a bunch of attacks on bus drivers and a shooting on a bus in Minneapolis the last couple of years. Yes on the harassment of the Asian community here regarding COVID-19. One of my friends got a threatening message on her work email telling her to take her Chinese Virus home. An apartment complex in a suburb that has a lot of Hmong residents someone posted a threatening message on the doors of the all the Asian residents.

A side note where this attack took place is in the Little Mekong neighborhood of St. Paul. It is where I shot a video a month ago about how the local businesses there are suffering.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I second everything Geeimsobored said.

The image of MN as a very liberal progressive place isn't exactly that true. It's much more of a purple state with some extremes. Consider that the 5th Congressional District (Minneapolis) current representative is Ilhan Omar and was previously Keith Ellison. The 6th District borders it and that was represented by Michelle Bachmann. So you had the district represented by a Muslim Congressman bordering one represented by one of the most anti-Muslim people in Congress.

MN also has the worst racial divide regarding academic performance as black and Native American students are lagging far behind White and Asian students.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Never miss an opportunity to race bait -- much respect!

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm going to apologize for derailing my own thread.

I've lived in South, West and East. I grew up in Houston, went to school in California when Rodney King happened and then lived in Boston before moving to MN. I think in recent decades the South has dealt with racism the best. I think Civil Rights really forced people in the South to confront it and deal with it more openly where as in other parts of the country it's always been there but I don't think many have dealt with it well.

jiggyfly and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

To re-un-re-derail this thread, do you remember the shrimp wars back in the 70-80s? I've got a pretty solid screenplay in the works.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...f-towns/a2ba1cd5-a946-4bf8-9773-74344ed84e9d/

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/06/11/Klansmen-vs-Viet-refugees-on-Galveston-Bay/7758361080000/

10. likestohypeguy

Why did fox9 blur the faces of the assailants?! In the video

11. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

12. Buck Turgidson

If the first one they bought ever goes anywhere...

If this ever gets finished and sold I'll try to let you be the first to know.

Tommyboy likes this.
  13. Senator

Senator Member

**~~** Sigh, sorry fellas. The attacker wasn't who we wanted it to be. **~~~**

These boys were just innocent victims following in the foot steps of the iconic hate criminals, Jussie Smollet and OJ Simpson. They will not have any charges brought against them as it is only a crime for white men to do this due to colonialism. **~~***

~~from link posted , a grassroots vigilante organization rocketsjudoka is associated with - "asians with attitudes". no accountability for wet markets and infectious disease in there, but a lot of comments about the attackers. The media really is clueless as to what goes on in the real world.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

generalthade_03 likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Cool. I was on a panel discussion regarding Asian American issues last week and was talking about how little is talked about this in even Asian American history. Let me know how that turns out.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Huh?

jiggyfly likes this.
  16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Man wtf who does that smh...throw these two ****in idiot teenagers in prison and lose the key. 10 years each minimum just to make an example. Makes me so mad...

DVauthrin likes this.
  17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

18. Senator

Senator Member

Weren't you on the panel for the link hooroo posted?

It's clear why there's so much animosity between Asians and African Americans right now. One culture ignores and completely disregards the fact the virus orginated in China due to sadistic animal torture and consumption, none of which is necessary or healthy and will continue because it's lucrative, and the other culture justifies violence every time something doesn't go their way or as a means to "level the playing field". The only way to stop this is for Chinese Americans to speak out about internal issues , and African Americans to speak out about internal issues. Instead. ... it's a toxic environment of blame everyone but ourselves

19. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Why r such a race baiting troll? I really dont get your schtick. You come into these forums to drum up racial paradigms and piss everyone off.

Dude, go find a friend. It really seems like you desperately need one

AleksandarN, jiggyfly and R0ckets03 like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Something is seriously wrong with you.

Show one person on here who has claimed violence is justified to level the playing field and stop using some random on social media to make a point.

TMac'n likes this.