1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cool Rockets experience to share with my Rockets family ... Check it out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SPORTINPIXELS, May 7, 2020.

1. SPORTINPIXELS

SPORTINPIXELS Member

I have been visiting ClutchFans on a regular basis since 2000 but I rarely post ... this post will be one of those rare exceptions ...

I want let you all to know that the Rockets Social Media Department that controls their instagram and twitter accounts is amazing and engaging with Rockets fans (yes, I know I am biased, being a lifelong devoted Rockets fan) ...

To prove it to you, let me share with you a couple of cool Rockets related events that happened to me over the last couple of weeks that you all may appreciate too ...

The Rockets are one of the few organizations that have a #fanartfriday for #rocketsart where anyone (hopefully Rockets fans) can submit Rockets artwork to them for a chance to get featured on their instagram account on Fridays ... I, who likes to make sports related artwork decided to submit a Rockets related artwork piece for #fanartfriday ...

It was NFL draft week and I thought it would be neat to create a piece where Harden, Westbrook, and Tucker were football players in Rockets Football gear ... now when it came to design the Rockets football uniform I drew inspiration from Travis Scott's Rockets jersey ... which then led me to place the Harden, Westbrook, and Tucker at AstroWorld (correction RocketsWorld)

Lo and behold the Rockets selected my artwork to be featured on their instagram account (along with some other works from others / but mine was the feature artwork) ... that instagram post gained over 100k likes (Travis Scott even gave it a like) ... I have never been so happy as a Rockets fan before ... the only exception was after the Rockets won the back to back championships and I got to gloat all about it in Los Angeles (where I was at the time) ...

To top it off, what made me post today, was that the Rockets tweeted out my artwork today (and also credited me on the tweet) !!!!! Many high profile organizations do not always acknowledge the content creator ... The Rockets Social Media Department are amazing !!!! I have attached my artwork piece for you to see.

This experience has inspired me to create more Rockets related artwork (and other Houston sports related artwork)!!! I recently created a piece featuring Olajuwon vs. Jordan which inferred that the Bulls had no answer for the Dream!!

Come visit and follow my instagram account and check it out and let me know what you think (https://www.instagram.com/sportinpixels/) ... I am also looking for more cool ideas for Rockets related artwork (non-video and video) ... I have a Dream video coming out soon ...

RocketsWorld artwork.png

#1 SPORTINPIXELS, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
    ico4498, MONON, topfive and 15 others like this.
  2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I remember seeing this. Great stuff. Keep it coming.

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

That deserves a non-sarcastic.... cool story bro

4. alethios

alethios Member

Thicc Tuckwagon could definitely play for the Texans. Nice artwork bro!

SPORTINPIXELS likes this.
  5. SPORTINPIXELS

SPORTINPIXELS Member

Thank you mikol13, BHannes2BHonest, alethios.

Tucker could definitely play in the NFL. According to Brad Stevens he would be a linebacker. I was thinking Westbrook would be a running back. And Harden a quarterback or a tight end. Curious what others think?

6. Lovemachine2000

Westbrook is not sturdy enough for running back, he could be a Vick-like QB or wide receiver.

SPORTINPIXELS and MONON like this.
  7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Dream’s block of MJ at Summit’97. Grab it.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I would think strong safety. He could have definitely played FB at UCLA. I don't think any other Rockets could play in the NFL.

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Obligatory: With Harden's huge gut, he'd be an OL for sure.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

11. SPORTINPIXELS

SPORTINPIXELS Member

Yeah I really wanted to do a Dream vs Jordan piece ... So I made one up ... Check it below ...

AND GUESS WHAT?????? ... The piece got featured YESTERDAY (with other fan art as well) on the Rockets Instagram account!!!!!!!!! ... When you decipher my artwork you see the Bulls had no answer for the Dream ...

If the image is too small to see then let me and I will figure out how to make it display larger ... If anyone has any cool concepts they would like to see please let me know ...

I am currently working on a couple of Rockets videos, one of which will be about the Dream

Hakeem vs Jordan.png

#11 SPORTINPIXELS, May 9, 2020
    Last edited: May 9, 2020
    xiki likes this.