1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans 2020 Schedule.

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Mr.Scarface, May 4, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

Tip jar bet? I’m in. No way they’re winning 11 to me

red5rocket and Fantasma Negro like this.
  2. Fantasma Negro

Both jax 2x, ind 2x, pats, browns, lions, bears, ten 1x, steelers and we're going to beat k.c in the opener because the Texans always get up for the first game. 12-4 wouldn't surprise me either, I think we can beat the packers or Vikings, it all depends on how they play the ravens and health imo

Commodore likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

How much?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Friendly wager 100?

5. Fantasma Negro

Bet, we can exchange PayPal info later

red5rocket, zeeshan2 and YOLO like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sounds good. Benefits clutch either way and easy to revisit when it’s done

Under 11 games

7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Praying for an 0-7 start. Still prolly wouldn’t get BOB fired.

8. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

2-4 in season openers under BoB and coming off 3 losses in a row. Hasn’t affected the remaining part of the seasons much so I’ll give you that.

9. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I think we win 10 games. After the first 6 games, it’s an easy schedule.

Toughest games: @Chiefs, Ravens, Packers, @Steelers, Vikings.
    I say we win 2 of those. Worst case (realistic) we only win 1.

Division games: win both vs. Jags, split with Titans and Colts.
    That’s 4 wins. Worst case, 2 wins?

Games we SHOULD win/be favored: @Browns, Bengals, Patriots, @Lions, @Bears.
    Let’s say that’s 4 wins best case? And 3 worst case?

So my personal prediction (not best-case) would be 10-6.

Worst case, IMO, is 6-10.

As long as DW4 is healthy, it’s gonna be really tough for this team to finish below 8-8. He’s the best QB in the division.

The biggest concern for me is that the first 4 games go terribly wrong, we start 0-4 and can never recover. I just can’t quite see that happening though.

10. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I don't see what all the fuss is about. The Texans have a better "team" this year, an improved O-Line, and an improved DW. The only thing derailing this team will be potential injuries and/or the Chiefs/Ravens in the playoffs. IMO.

Regarding the first 7 weeks, y'all are vastly overrating some teams based on prior success without factoring who these teams lost. Quick takes.

Week 1 Sept 10 at Kansas City Chiefs NBC 7:20 PM
    - It's the Chiefs. We beat them last year in Arrowhead and the Texans have some payback... Texans will not be favored but I like the juicy ML.

Week 2 Sept 20 Baltimore Ravens CBS 3:25 PM

- 10 day's rest before squaring off at home? If we beat the Chiefs, Texans will be favored at home. If not, it'll be a close to even spread.

Week 3 Sept 27 at Pittsburgh Steelers CBS 12:00 PM
    - Big Ben coming off an injury... Will he even be the same QB? Besides JuJu and Connor, pretty pedestrian O at best. A good defense but again...Watson ain't allowing us to lose this game on the road. Texans will be favored and if they are 0-2... they ain't going 0-3. Put all your hard earned coin on a Texans ML dub. Don't be a fool.

Week 4 Oct 4 Minnesota Vikings FOX 12:00 PM

- Tough game at home against a solid team. Good run game. It's a Kubiak O. But the defense has question marks losing starters (albeit, guys who hit the cliff or they couldn't pay). Diggs gone and Rhodes, Waynes, Griffen, Joseph all gone from their D core. Texans should be favored.

Week 5 Oct 11 Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 12:00 PM
    - It's the Jags at home... Texans will be favored.

Week 6 Oct 18 at Tennessee Titans CBS 12:00 PM
    - This will be a good game. THANK GOD it's not a THU night game. You really think Texans gonna be out of this one... please. Titans might be favored unless Texans have dominated early in the season. Texans dub on a DJ 30 yard catch/run with a minute left.

Week 7 Oct 25 Green Bay Packers Fox 12:00 PM
    - Home game against Rodgers OR.... maybe he get's hurt and Love is playing against a vet D. GG. Either way, they have been an overrated team for the past few years. I'm not buying them one bit even with Adams/Jones. Texans will be favored.

There's really only one game, MAYBE 2, where the Texans won't be favored. You don't have to take my word for it, but oddsmakers know the Texans will more than likely be competing for a division title. Y'all can eat up all the BoB hate but when it comes down to performing... it's going to be fun.

Theking and Fantasma Negro like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

Only 2 games that the Texans won’t be favored? I’m assuming you’re not into gambling much. They won’t be favored in the first 2 games. And they’re definitely not Going to spend the remaining 14 games as favorites. That’s not how betting odds work

KC is minus -10 week 1 as of now

Nook likes this.
  12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

If you re-read the post you will clearly see "It's the Chiefs. We beat them last year in Arrowhead and the Texans have some payback... Texans will not be favored but I like the juicy ML."

And to your point, I'm actually more of a DFS guy and the words "Sports Betting" and "DFS" coincide with each other quite well.

In the game script that I pushed in front of you. You will see that IF the Texans win in week 1 vs the Chiefs AND play the Ravens AT HOME... YES... there's a chance of them being the favorite at home. It's not like the matchup is Schaub vs. Lamar Jackson. It's Watson at home. Take that and bet it as you may. Ravens probably a good bet if they are dogs. I'm sure the public would put heavy money on them.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

On top of this, I only was speaking on the first 7 games if you actually read the post. Not 14.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

And by the way the over under of 7.5 wins set by Vegas already clearly establishes the texans being underdogs in more than 2 games

Nook likes this.
  15. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Comprehension must be tough. I wasn't talking about all the games. I was talking about the first 7 weeks which has had the public reeling because of the "fierce comp".

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

And this is exactly what you'd want as a Texans fan if you believe in the 7.5 O. I listed out some flaws in these teams 3 months in advance. It's not tough to see why the Texans could be very good the first 7 weeks... especially in betting.

In DFS, I'd expect Texans to be priced down a bit in the first few weeks where stacking 3-1 games could be pretty beneficial because of cost.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

even in the first 7 games, it’ll still be more than 2 games. There’s already lines out for the Texans entire season to gauge an idea

O/U win totals for the first 7 games. The highest number is 12
    12 KC.
    12 Balt
    9 Pitts
    9 Minny
    4.5 Jax
    8.5 Tenn
    8.5 GB

7.5 Texans. I'd say that's worthy of some sort of "fierce comp" label.

#77 YOLO, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  18. Fantasma Negro

Can't wait!!

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

DW4 only worth 1 night game? Cmon man and no Monday night games?? WTF

Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The schedule is mostly super lame... tough games to start, barely any primetime games. Highlight is Chiefs to start, Ravens late afternoon at home, and Thanksgiving in Detroit. Really looking forward to feasting and watching the game. That being said everyone freaked out about the schedule last year too and said we would go 6-10, 7-9, 8-8. We probably win 10 again... but that won't get it done. I'm hoping we can start out hot and be 5-2 at the bye week then push for that 12-4 or better.