1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One stickerfor vehicle registration and inspection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BleedsRocketRed, Jun 23, 2014.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

the courthouse isn't needed to update your inspection. You can just get your car inspected as normal. Take that and your registration renewal to a local grocer (kroger etc) and get your new sticker at the service counters. it takes less than 5 mins

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't think you can Kroger if it is expired already

Rocket River

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

I never had an issue but whatever works for you

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

You should be able to online, though. Just takes longer. Print the receipt and keep it in your car until the new sticker comes.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

appreciate it

Rocket River

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

Get the inspection done and keep that in the car also while you wait for your new registration paper. Saved myself from a ticket that way.

7. VanityHalfBlack

HEB is the worst. I would try to buy a sticker on the month that it was due and they told me to go to the courthouse, **** THAT! Also for the state inspection do you have to get it done in your county or anywhere in Houston is good? My car is registered in Harris County so I can only get stickers from harris county places that sell the stickers.

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My always-broke buddy just removed his sticker. Says he hasn’t ever been pulled over for lack of one and the cops never ask. Of course, his car hasn’t been washed since it was new so the cops are probably just happy to be done with the encounter.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Thanks for sharing. Texans have 60 days to get their vehicle inspected and registration completed after the Texas DMV announces normal services have resumed, which hasn’t happened yet. So if you have a March, April or May expiration date, you qualify for the 60-day extension.

11. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

That HEB is wrong. I've never had issue with getting a sticker on the month due. And I believe you can get an inspection in any texas county.

YOLO likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah this is the first time I’ve heard of Kroger/heb turn people away as long as you have your proof of inspection. I’ve always done Randall’s/Kroger.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A couple of counties (Austin area?) have different emissions requirements or something, I think. Also, if you go to a grocery store, I believe you can get a sticker if your registration expired the previous, current, or next month. The other thing is that I can't go to a grocery store not in my county to get the sticker. I have two Tom Thumb grocery stores, the same distance apart from me but in two different counties. I can't get it from one because that's not the county I live in/where my car is registered.