1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Elderly Woman Kicked in the Face

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, May 7, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With everything else going on we still have thugs, and yes there are thugs, doing sh^t like this. An elderly Asian woman waiting for the light rail was kicked in the face by some teenagers who were harassing her. THere is a video at the link and it's enraging..

I'm not posting this in the D&D as I hope this isn't controversial but these days who knows..

https://www.fox9.com/news/video-teen-kicks-elderly-woman-in-the-face-on-st-paul-light-rail-platform

ST. PAUL, Minn. (FOX 9) - A teenager is in custody Wednesday night after a disturbing video showed someone kicking an elderly woman in the head.

An older Asian-American woman was standing alone at a light rail platform and was taunted by two teens. Then, she was kicked in the face by one of them before the teens turned and ran away.

“To say this is uncalled for is such a huge understatement,” said Metro Transit spokesperson Howie Padilla. “It really is.”

Metro Transit says it started getting calls about the assault Tuesday after the video was posted on social media.

A spokesperson said investigators were able to narrow down the location to the Green Line station at University and Dale in St. Paul.

Investigators then looked at their own security footage to determine the assault happened just after midnight Monday morning and were able to identify the teens in the video, which has led to two arrests while they are still looking for a third.

The attack comes at a time when Asian-Americans in Minnesota and across the country have reported a rise in racially motivated attacks because of the COVID-19 pandemic, which is believed to have originated in China.

Police wouldn’t say whether investigators believe any racial motivation existed with the unprovoked assault, however.

“Once we talk to the individual, we’ll know more,” said Padilla “Once we talk to the people involved in this we’ll know more about what happened in this I believe.”

Investigators say the trains weren’t running at the time of the attack, so they want to know why the woman and the teens were on the platform, but they say technology, police work and social media combined in this case to help turn an outrage into arrests.

“This won’t be finished until we can hold these people accountable and that is what we are working hard to do,” Padilla said.

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Reading the title, I thought a TP-replenishment trip to Walmart got dicey for Quarantine Ninja.

#2 heypartner, May 7, 2020
    Last edited: May 7, 2020
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

They should get some long sentences. . . .prison ..
    Watch them get turned out like the b****es they are .. .

Rocket River

4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Love > Hate

At least that’s what I taught my kids. Wish other parents were doing the same.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

"yup, that's why I drive"

Months later...

"yup, that's why I gun"

6. SemisolidSnake

Wow, Howie Padilla. Strong words there. "Uncalled for"? Whoa there, buddy. Calm down or the next thing you'll be saying is that "It wasn't nice." Grow a pair and use some real language.

It originated in China, Maury Glover, who wrote this article. You don't have to lie and pretend that's not fact just to try to do a perceived solid to the Chinese community. Because it doesn't matter. Chinese people at large and even the huge majority in China had nothing to do with that. The communist government of the PRC which oppresses its people and covered up the extent and severity of the outbreak that did begin within its borders and put the rest of the world at a major disadvantage in dealing with it...yeah, it's okay to direct some animus towards that. And most people know the difference. The vast majority. You don't need to skew basic facts everyone universally agrees upon. This is why people hate and should hate you media idiots.

Kids are idiots. Especially teenagers. Always and ever will be. What's to blame? Parents? Peer pressure? It doesn't matter. Society should throw the damn book at them for their anticivilized, antisocial behavior no matter who the victim is. Does it matter that this elderly woman was Asian compared to say white or black or any other race? Only for news headlines in the current clime. It's the same level of egregiousness across the board, and we should punish the **** out of these little douchebags for what they did, not what their rotten little brains were perhaps thinking at the time.

Also punish Howie Padilla and Maury Glover for being limp dicks.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. Newlin

Newlin Member

When you do that to an elderly person, it’s more than assault, it’s attempted murder.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If these teens are white, then they should be charged with a hate crime. It should definitely be a felony due to the victims age.

King1 likes this.
  9. BabyClutch

BabyClutch Contributing Member

So if they aren't white, it then isn't a hate crime? o_O

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You forget this is Minnesota and Padilla is a bureaucrat. We're lucky he didn't say "Uffda! Those boys weren't very nice.. Ya betcha.."
    There have been COVID-19 based incidents targeting Asian-Americans in Minnesota so Maury Glover is correct there. It is reasonable to assume that COVID-19 had something to do with this based on recent history but there is no direct evidence that was the case here and I haven't seen aany particular motive behind this attack.

The headline doesn't say the woman was Asian. It is only in the body of the article describing the victim.

11. Entropy

Entropy Member

They look black to me. Guess they get off the hook? lol.

12. Buck Turgidson

Why can't you go full quarantine ninja and protect some of the public transportation?

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Rdj gotta work on his raspy disguise voice

14. Buck Turgidson

Not sure what the Asian equivalent of Black Dynamite is.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Here's the video

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd like to see them try that again on someone a little closer to their size

[​IMG]

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

"I'm Quarantine Ninja" doesn't quite roll off the tongue..

Buck Turgidson and Invisible Fan like this.
  18. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The Twin Cities light rail has been dealing with crime for the last year. I'm not sure what happened starting in 2019 we started hearing all kinds of stories of criminal behavior on the trains and buses. I know the transit union has been complaining for a while about this. But I've not been impressed with how Metro Transit has dealt with crime on trains and buses. At this rate, it'll take a strike by the Transit Union to scare Metro Transit and the Met Council into doing something.

But the Covid-19 racism issue is definitely real. The Twin Cities' Asian Community is mostly Hmong (rather than Chinese) and there's definitely been a sharp increase in harassment and occasionally violence. Most of this is happening in St Paul because the Hmong community is primarily in St Paul and some St Paul suburbs (rather than Minneapolis). Now its hard to make any conclusions about race in this case but there's been a substantial increase in harassment of Asian Americans in St Paul. Even the Hmong members of the state legislature have some personal stories of Covid-19 related harassment.

vupac1 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Throw the book at those two teenagers. I hope a prisoner or two gets to kick them in the face for no reason.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I read a couple of local articles about it and was pretty surprised, I thought yall were pretty mellow people (@bobrek seems like a nice guy). Has there been any uptick re: the Somali community, or is it just Asian-centric?