1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

even if it comes back, rockets are not doing a damn thing without a C

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why not just have every player play the 2k version of his player and finish the playoffs that way?

daywalker02 and Nook like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

never said there weren't other things being discussed. I only layed out vegas because I can speak to it based on what I've been told/heard myself from various people there. And just relaying some information. I'm not saying it's the only avenue. There's different aspects that go into all of this obviously. Whether they had it in vegas, orlando, houston, etc doesn't really matter much to me tbh

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

iRobot

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

If NBA Season does not start in June, Sports Fans and Clutchfans posters will kill themself.
    On the other hand, Clutchfans posters might also kill themself after watching Eric Gordan not having fun and shooting 30% FG because he couldn't afford to buy a $500 portable hoop.

WHY WE MUST BRING NBA BACK:

"It’s possible there will be some [deaths] because you won’t be locked into an apartment or house or whatever it is,” Trump told ABC’s David Muir in a rare network news interview. “

As of Tuesday, U.S. deaths had climbed above 70,000, with total cases at 1.2 million. Trump said he was in the process of revising his own personal projection of deaths upwards. But he argued that not reopening businesses also cost people their lives in the form of drug overdoses and suicides.

“We have to get our country back, you know, people are dying the other way, too. When you look at what’s happened with drugs, it goes up. When you look at suicides, I mean, take a look at what’s going on,” Trump said. “People are losing their jobs. We have to bring it back and that’s what we’re doing.”

There is currently no documented epidemic of suicide, although experts say there is likely a mental health crisis looming.

6. s3ts

s3ts Member

so.. uhh.... who's going to these games?

even if i can, i wouldn't.

amaru likes this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

They can “expect” all they want. ‘Rona gets the final vote. I suspect ‘Rona will come back strongly in the fall.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I LOL’Ed. I don’t think a lot of people really understand how pandemics work.

Nook and s3ts like this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

You seem to keep repeating this over and over. You aren’t an expert and neither is anyone else on here. But you seem to be cheering for it, which is pretty terrible tbh

Smacktle and Tfor3 like this.
  10. No Chill Rocket

I know this is probably a dumb question but is it 10 games total or 10 games per team ?

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Nah, I'm good but keep that energy for Tilman.

13. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Hmmmm....Those WCFs were under different ownership who let our GM...you know be the GM. If you don't see the recent transactions as cost cutting moves that hurt the team on the court then I don't know what you see.

Our only hope is that Harden comes back as the beast he was but its hard to tell if his hot and cold streaks are due to the implementation Westbrook or from carrying the load for the last 5 years.

But HEY...Lets all eat at Landrys so Tilman can lowball coaches salary.

14. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

don’t even care...I just want to see some ball being played again

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

No one knows, and that is kind of the point.

As the deaths pile up we are getting closer to some of the models (and the number of deaths attributed to the virus will certainly increase with further investigation). Still no one has laid down the gauntlet because we are largely at the mercy of the virus and models are only as good as the information at hand and known variables.

Will I believe any playoffs will feel quite cheap and anti climatic, I don’t think their is anything wrong with the league setting internal deadlines and dates... they again just need to be done in pencil.

amaru likes this.
  17. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

I assumed 10 games per team

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  18. Newlin

Newlin Member

You know, the more I think about this, I just don’t see how it’s going to work.

I’m not even very optimistic about next season, or any other sporting events.

The virus isn’t just going to miraculously go away. It’s here until we have a vaccine. It’s here for the players and the fans. I hope I’m wrong, I REALLY miss sports.

One player gets the virus and that shuts down the entire league.

19. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's a slower decline than we'd like, but there's a lot of evidence that the daily death rate peaked in mid-to-late April. There's no real reason that I can see to expect it to approximately double, other than if (as later reports have indicated) the "model" was based on a hypothetical of if all distancing was removed, or something crazy like that.

That said, I'm not saying it's an easy or slam-dunk decision to return to play. There's definitely still risk. Just trying to push back on some of the hysteria. We do know some things, such as the positive test rate slowly but consistently declining over the past month.

D-rock, Nook and YOLO like this.
  20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Fair point, but the only place with multiple NBA arenas is NYC, which just won't work for obvious reasons. Vegas has 3 arenas in proximity that has each hosted NBA pre-season games and college games. That may count for something. I think the proximity counts too, and these are real arenas (T-Mobile, MGM Grand Garden, and Thomas & Mack Center where Summer League is held).

D-rock likes this.