1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Pandemic: What has changed for ever?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, May 3, 2020.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

My faith in humans has gone further down the toilet. That has changed forever.

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz how nobody mentions that healthcare will change. Because it probably wont. Because it's that bad. But more practitioners seem to be doing virtual consults. For now.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Instead of handshakes, we may go back to a slight bow - sales people will be doing much more online than in person. And some companies will realize they can save money by having the majority of their workforce at home.

I got furloughed early, but was considering 2 other offers, one is a project management tracking software for external teams/people - which we think has some really good timing.

DD

FrontRunner likes this.
  4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

UBI
    Sexbots
    More poverty
    Distance learning
    Fewer spectator sports
    More Esports
    Poor universal healthcare

5. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should maybe wait until the pandemic is a little more "post" before doing the postmortem.

malakas likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Aren't you worried about calluses?

FrontRunner and Jontro like this.
  7. Pringles

Pringles Member

What a shame if a pandemic couldn't help stir a change in our healthcare system.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think we're "post-pandemic" so I'm going to reserve commentary. I'm still waiting to see what happens when kids go back to school, assuming we're sending them back this Fall.

Deckard and malakas like this.
  9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The major cable networks could re-air the entire 1998 nba season on NBC, tnt.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

they don't all have to be long sensual ones. some quick wins are necessary throughout the day.

11. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I'm not sure about face masks and handshakes.

I would LOVE to see a shift back to private offices, or at least high walled cubes. All of this "collaborative, Open" space office design is just a way to put more people in less space, but not have it feel like you're stuffed in there. Study after study has sown these types of offices spaces actually reduce productivity, its a pure play on real estate costs.

Again, like I said, working from home will be normalized for a lot of companies that didn't do it before. You may not work from home 100%, but you'll see companies be a LOT more accommodating with flexible work arrangements.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I honestly did not think you worked anymore
    Just chilled .. . or maybe worked at your own company

Rocket River

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am not saying we are post Pandemic
    just curious about what changes will be in place after

Rocket River

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I wonder where the french are on that anti Burka stuff about now?
    How can you justify it when everyone has to cover up . . . .

Rocket River

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I get it, but what I'm saying is that until I'm sure we've seen the worst, I'm not sure we can say. I'm waiting to see if there's a "next wave" that gets worse when, for example, kids go back to school. At that point, maybe some "recommended" things become "mandatory". Who knows.

One thing that changes for sure for me is that I'll be using online grocery shopping more. :D

malakas and Rocket River like this.
  16. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I've consulted my crystal ball and I think young people are going to be even more into 'virtual' spots leagues going forward. We probably won't see too many new superstar athletes in the NBA anytime soon either. Good young players will come along every year, but it's going to be a while before the public truly cares like they did. That's kind of sad because the NBA desperately needs to develop superstars--a lot of today's big stars are inching closer and closer to retirement.

If the league is healthy five years from now I think you can thank betting. (My crystal ball is a little fuzzy there.)

Virtual reality and 360 cameras and videos are going to take off too. And don't be surprised if there's a rush to develop Total Recall like experiences.

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I'm working out at home and exercising, but my body is already missing the gym. Turns out the presence of ripped dudes and attractive ladies was a pretty good motivator.

18. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Gyms and fitness studios are great but they are in the same boat as music festivals and dance clubs in that they are super high risk venues for spreading germs and viruses. And unlike music festivals and dance clubs, at least you can get some semblance of a workout at home or in the outdoors.

FrontRunner likes this.
  19. malakas

malakas Member

The pandemic is still ongoing.

If by some miracle, the vaccine was found this year, or a cheap and effective treatment then nothing much will change.

Not enough people have died yet for any real permanent cultural change to happen.
    Not enough time has passed.

Except for some areas that got the worse of it for example Wuhan or Milan, that the people there were really traumatised and will probably change some things the rest of the world will carry on as usual.

20. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I agree. I've seen some changes for the better just mixing my routine up, but I still miss the gym and a few machines I would never be able to purchase on my own. I know barring a miracle I'm not going back to one anytime soon, either. It sucks but I'll adapt. There are certainly worse problems to have right now.