1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Mar 16, 2020.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

well there's reasons why the over/under for the Texans is 7.5 wins

awc713 likes this.
  2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

And the Texans now have neither. And they didn't save any money to boot. Let's hope Cooks (the Rams 3rd WR last year) doesn't bump his head & gets another "minor" brain injury. The Texans will need someone to step up & he's their only shot. If Billy Bob's moves add up to a Super Bowl run, I'll gladly admit I was wrong but I think 7-9 to 9-7 is more likely. Which in this NFL city will probably get him an extension.

3. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dam so much logic. I never thought of it that way. Just knew it was a sht trade where we down graded from the best wr to a broken expensive ass rb and a bunch of second tier wrs. Arguing with scarface is pointless after reading your post.

Just him arguing diggs is better value than hopkins is just batsht stupid, ima just ignore that monkey. Pointless to argue with anyone who see this trade as a good one.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It wasn't about saving money. It was about locking money into ONE WR. The Texans' offense needs speed, as evident by Fuller going out and the passing game bogging down. Yes, you can argue about scheme...but that doesn't explain all the issues. Texans decide the focus on one WR need to change to a more committee approach. By having more capable WRs it will allow them to spread the ball more. You can say it is wrong approach. If Hopkins was willing to play under his extension for 2 more years, I think would have added Cobb and drafted a WR. I really do think it was about locking money into ONE player.

6. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why would he fire his agent? Nuk was one of the highest paid WRs the first few years of his deal. Other players have since reset the market so Nuk is wanting what he thinks is FMV, which his agent will likely get for him once again. The new CBA at that point was still three seasons away at the very minimum, and there was a lot of worry that a deal wasn’t going to get done. Don’t think you turn down a couple more years on a deal on something that was still pretty up in the air.

What we have seen is that contract length means little to nothing in today’s NFL. It’s all about the guaranteed money and all bets are pretty much off once that is paid out really.

7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, then don't expect a team NOT to hold you to the length of the contract. He could have signed a 3 year extension like Tunsil did, then he would have had leverage to get a new deal. Tunsil learned from NBA contracts that shorter deals will allow you to MAXIMIZE your money, but you do risk injury and poor performance.

8. raining threes

You got your wish and Blacklock is a very good player. Exceptional quickness

Shark44 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

Oh boy

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Thanks for the mention RT, I had Blacklock coming to us in a couple of the mock drafts I played with, but worried about his injury and never posted or coveted him outright. I liked him and Marlon from Auburn; it will be interesting to see how they both develop. Now that I look at him deeper, I think he could be special and we may play more 4-3 or 4-2-5 with him at 3T. I'm very excited to see Dream Weaver's defense this year

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And?

Hopkins is gone. Watson is a Pro....he will find another besty on the team.

13. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

y'all remember the day before the vikings brought in a haul for a lesser WR and the falcons signed Gurley for peanuts when our coach/OC/GM/president of houston professional football/king of kirby traded a top 3 WR w 3 full season's remaining under contract for a 2nd rd pick and an aging, vastly overpaid RB who hadn't had a productive season in 3 years and was demoted to 3rd string last year and was probably going to be cut???

What a day that was.

MadMax, TEXNIFICENT and Fulgore like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Gurley’s knee is much worse than publicly stated, btw.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

and yet he's still the better back who out played DJ who comes at a fraction of the cost. yikes

red5rocket, TEXNIFICENT and Fulgore like this.
  16. raining threes

Love talking football with you.

I like Marlon too, but I think if he can stay healthy Blacklock is not only better, but he has a chance to be special. He's got unusual quickness for a man that big. I do worry about him putting on more weight with his past injury history.

Shark44 likes this.
  17. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Appreciate the insider knowledge, Schefty!

raining threes likes this.
  18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Is he, though. Let's see both this season. Johnson's contract is bad this year...$10 million. After this season, Texans can easily get from under it. It is not affecting this season's moves.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There is a reason the Rams got from under it......ASAP. There have been alot of rumors about it.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

he definitely is