1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Biden did anything then I am disgusted. Maybe he'd did. Same with Trump. Who knows how many he assaulted and groped either. His hands all over his daughter, and obsession and remarks he has made about her seem really twisted in so many ways.

That being said, Trump is a proven pathological liar, who thinks he knows more than any expert of any field. That makes him dangerous. Biden might not be totally honest, who knows. What I do know is that Trump lies over and over and over about almost every type of topic. He changes his stories to suit his agenda. It's a pattern that repeats itself more than a broken record.

Look at Trump and Biden's Twitter pages and you will see two totally different men. The majority of Trump's posts are bullying and childish name calling of others, about what a great job he does, how smart he is, how stupid others are, how great his ratings are and how bad other ratings are. All news is fake unless they toot his horn. If they toot his horn he retweets all those tweets. He is obsessed with himself.

Biden, is nothing like that. He shows much more empathy and concern for others. He isn't a narcissist. He doesn't resort to name calling constantly like Trump. He acts like a man and not like a 12 year old bully. He's for the people, and Trump is for making a buck and pulling a con job. Trump can't go soon enough.

#481 deb4rockets, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    Jayzers_100, Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dude, "arguing" is not "arguing." If you could hear the inflections in my voice when I say that sentence, it'd make a lot more sense. Alas.

The argument (the other kind of argument) you posted I suppose makes some skeptical of her, just like some questioned Ford's credibility because she wanted to be anonymous. I don't find it all that far-fetched that she'd take a chance talking to a journalist and found him to be looking at her with a jaundiced eye and then deciding this is all too hard, I won't say anything -- until much later when she decides it was a mistake and she can't stay silent. Sure as a rational person, she could have just tried a different journalist, she could have said "it'll look bad if I do it this way" but on an emotional issue, people won't really do the rational thing.

Anyway, I can understand being skeptical. But, what do you make of the brother who says she told him about it, or the ex-neighbor who says so?

B@ffled and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Unfortunately we live in a political system where our choices are ultimately A or B. Not voting or voting third party still leads to A or B because a little more than half of eligible Americans vote for president and half of that votes in primaries.

Our system is deliberately designed by both parties not to allow pluralities which makes it easier to portray things as black or white.

I want Biden to win, and I also want these allegations to be properly settled even if its during his presidency. The latter is wishful thinking but we need it if we want to continue moving forward in our social progress.

Nook and deb4rockets like this.
  5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

The thing that really stands out to me, more than anything else is the Putin/Russia tweets. She goes from posting the typical anti-Putin commentary that both parties largely supported until 2018 when all of a sudden she starts with pro-Putin tweets. Whenever you see sudden about face tweets involving Russia, it just makes you stop for a second.

And its not just some tweets about how Russia isn't so bad. These are flat out tweets glorifying Putin to somewhat absurd levels. Its just so bizarre that you can't help but wonder if there's something else at hand. You think back to Al Franken and its pretty obvious that there was some coordination going on because Roger Stone was tweeting about it before the allegation even happened.

Now that doesn't mean that the allegation is false but the Russian interference angle just makes me pause. Given what happened to Franken, you can't help but think that something is amiss (even if her story is true).

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Reade’s brother, Collin Moulton, told The Post recently that he remembers Reade telling him Biden inappropriately touched her neck and shoulders. He said nothing about a sexual assault until a few days later, when he texted The Post that he remembered Reade saying Biden put his hand "under her clothes.”

The Brother also changed his story and the neighbor was told 2 years later and she could have actually been told that but it does not mean it was true, like the prosecutor said they are only saying what they were told.

Yes that could be a reason to not tell her full story but it also just as easily stands to reason she did not like that the journalist asked hard questions and if she found fault why not cancel the interview completely or say that she did think what Biden did was sexual.

This is her original statement.

Reade became one of eight women who accused Biden of inappropriate touching last year, telling her local California newspaper, The Union, that while Biden “used to put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck,” she didn’t feel she was a victim of sexualization, instead comparing it to being treated like an inanimate object, like a lamp. "It’s pretty. Set it over there," she told the paper. "Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away." Reade said her responsibilities in Biden’s office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event.

That's pretty specific to go out of her way to say she did not feel a victim of sexualization.

Did you know she was a lawyer and a victims rights advocate?

I did not know that, so she knew what to expect.

I was never "believe all women" because I know women can lie and can be vindictive so yes every woman should be heard but that doesn't mean they have to be believed.

She comes off as attention seeking IMO.

The reason I used argument is because you also accused me of having Biden as my chosen one and insinuating I am in the bag for him.

baller4life315 likes this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He's never been asked about it.

8. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

His staff dismissed the allegations as untrue. The MSM has not asked him directly which is a double standard, but that's nothing new. Biden made the rounds over the weekend on all the MSM shows. Nobody asked.

9. tallanvor

where they at the event in question?

This is the whole point.

B@ffled likes this.
  10. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

baller4life315 and Nook like this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

12. tallanvor

13. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Can you speak or at least type proper English please...

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

She didn't make an accusation until 2020, but she apparently told people about some kind of encounter in the 90's. There's a lot of missing details that need to be filled in.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The right needs to explain why people should not show up to vote for Biden and put Trump - a far worse sexual abuser, back in office. That makes no sense.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

What's the rush in your opinion? There's plenty of time to ask him about it.

Sounds like the right wants the media to grill and fry Biden about this so Trump can win.

18. Nook

Nook Member

There hasn't been a single claim in 70 years that Joe Biden is a "pedo".

19. Nook

Nook Member

That is called "Wednesday" at the Biden compound.

jiggyfly and KingCheetah like this.