1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

**BREAKING** JOE BIDEN ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ms. Abrams has heard enough. Tara lied.

baller4life315 likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What do you have to say about Trump's sexual assault on women and his clearly irrational behavior?

Frankly I'd vote for an eggplant to be president over Trump.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So is this an example of the MSM ignoring the allegations?

AleksandarN and baller4life315 like this.
  4. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Again, I think the under-reported story here is that he sexually assaulted AN ADULT!

[​IMG]

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Props to Abrams for actually taking a position on the issue. All of the other VP candidates punt, deflect and dodge whenever they’re asked about it.

I think it’s safe to say she really wants the job.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

whats Biden's response?

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I will give credit where credit is due. Props to lemon for asking the question.

8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Abrams is going to be Biden’s VP as i said it before.

baller4life315 likes this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Again where is the proof of the rape allegations against trump being disproven. Still waiting. But go ahead post most pictures. They are so many more of trump being a creep. Heck there is audio. One where trump likes to grab women by thier p*****s and one where he likes to go into changing rooms where women are naked. Who is the creep now?

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

It doesn't seem like good journalism and not likely for the NYT to come to conclusions about the credibility of the accusations. I believe she's referring to an article in which they interviewed people she said she confided in, and they didn't remember such a thing. Not a good look imo that Abrams says she's making a decision based on a conclusion a journalist came to (worse since he didn't say he had). Would have been happier if she said she considered all the public facts herself and came to her own conclusion. Even if I disagree.

Anyway, I believe Tara Reade. I was initially reluctant to because the accusation is too politically convenient. But hearing what collaboration she has had, I'm inclined to believe it. I wouldn't say it was beyond a reasonable doubt or some such thing. But, convinced enough that when I go into the voting booth, I do so believing Biden did what he was accused of. If the election was today, I'd vote for him anyway.

TheresTheDagger and fchowd0311 like this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Call it hypocrisy(!) or whatever thinking that made "Never Trumpers" bend the knee and deep throat the knob for nearly four years (Cruz'in as the cool kids call it), but I'm guessing the MeToo people would be more consistent and vocal if Trump didn't have horrifying and realistic prospects of winning again

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/23/tara-reade-biden-202785
    Lucy Flores, a former Nevada lawmaker who accused Biden of inappropriately touching her in a creepy way, said she’s not surprised that his supporters, like Milano, are standing by him. She said she blocked the actress on Twitter last year for Milano’s statements of support for Biden that indicated she doubted her. Flores said she did not consider Biden’s touching of her sexual.

After Flores went public, multiple women accused Biden of invading their personal space and inappropriately touching them, but none has gone on the record accusing him of sexual assault.

Flores, who faulted the former vice president for not offering up a clear apology last year when he addressed her complaint, said she will nevertheless vote for him because Trump is orders of magnitude worse for women. But she said other women like her want to hear more from Biden.

“We shouldn’t be asking what #MeToo is saying. We should be asking what Joe Biden is saying. That is most critical here,” she said. “He has not addressed this himself. He has made one statement, possibly two, through his spokesperson.”

Activists said fear over Trump winning another term is changing how some #MeToo allies see Reade’s allegations.

“Because Trump is Trump, people feel like if they say something negative against Biden, then it could hurt his chances of winning. So I think it's completely political,” said Geiss. “I feel personally like this is a really horrible position to be put in. But I do think it's imperative that we also stand by what we're saying.”

Though #MeToo advocates said the treatment of Reade’s story is a setback, they still believe the movement will press forward. The fact that “you see people going through hell at the media’s hands,” McGowan said, could prevent women from telling their stories. But she argued “the cultural reset” over sexual assault is here to stay.
    If Biden wins, Ithere needs to be a more serious discussion about wtf the movement is headed and something more manageable in a work environment than the tense climate men had to walk through during the movement's peak. Power dynamics didn't change because it's the people in power not the gender in power that needed the heavy correction.

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

14. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Stacy Abrahams is winning the woman VP sweepstakes if the main qualification is to be a crave yes woman to protect Biden.

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe not a knockout punch, but when you’re making Tweets four days prior to announcing these new allegations suggesting this was all politically motivated, it isn’t a good look.

March 20th:
    [​IMG]

She came forward four days later with new allegations, and apparently, attempted to go back and retroactively edit previous statements to better match her new allegations.

This is precisely why all information needs to be out there so people can decide for themselves. And, yes, Biden needs to respond. I think she’s full of it, but I still think this warrants a direct response from Biden.

Sweet Lou 4 2 and Nook like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is the classic he said, she said. We aren’t going to have any definitive proof one way or the other. What matters to me the most on this issue is that her story has changed over time. I think that’s important. Am I supposed to believe her story from 30 years ago, or her story from last week? Should I believe her story at all?

So, this is how I see this. Biden may have sexually assaulted someone, or done something improper in the 90’s. We KNOW without a doubt Trump has sexually assaulted women. We know because we heard him laugh and brag about these assaults.

While I’m not a fan of either of these candidates, Biden will get my vote, and it’s not even close.

Jayzers_100 and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We know he has sexually harassed women also because he admitted to it on Howard Stern by saying he walks into women's dressing rooms in Miss USA and Miss Teen USA pageants unannounced while they were undressed and proudly bragged about it. He's a grade A creep.

You can tell how someone views women by whom they married. Yes, I've had one night stands where I knew the sex was for fun and there was no potential relationship there because of incompatible personalities. But if I'm marrying someone, physical attraction is going to be on my priority list but at the same time I'm going to want to find someone who is relatable to me. At 30, I would probably find a 18 year old girl not relatable hence I'm probably not going to desire a long term relationship with someone of that age. Also I don't want that 18 year old girl to go through the emotional turmoil of me abandoning her hence I'm just not ever going to try dating women that much younger than me. I don't know what conversations I would have with her. I think of marriage as a partnership that includes friendship. So when I see 60 year old date a 30 year old who's only accomplishment is softcore p*rn while he is an alleged "Ivy league graduate" I know he doesn't give a **** about companionship with women or being genuine friends with women. He just sees them as sexual objects to boast to the public and ****.

When you view your partner in a marriage as a equal you care about them being relatable to you and having actual conversations and enjoying each other's company outside of sex.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

I do not doubt he invaded her personal space and made her uncomfortable. She has had that version of events for years and it is consistent with what other women have said over the years. There is a track record of it and Biden has even stated he will stop invading personal space.

What I am doubtful is that he stuck three fingers inside her. There was no evidence to support this until a former neighbor who now claims that was the case. Still there is overwhelming evidence to the contrary and a lot of the actions of the accuser trying to change past social media claims has not looked good. In addition other people around the accuser at the time claim her version of the events was different at the time.

I am certainly open to new evidence and think her claims should be taken serious and investigated.

I also do think that a lot of people are looking at the situation and saying even assuming the worst about Biden, he is not a bad as the alternative in Donald Trump on the immoral scale (which is largely true).

The last element clouding everything is that this story has largely been pushed and supported by very zealous Sanders supporters in the media with the misguided belief that it will some how push Sanders to be the nominee.

It is all very bizarre. With Trump ******** the bed on COVID19, this would be a perfect time for Biden to get whatever happened in front of the media and aired out.

baller4life315 and fchowd0311 like this.