1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans extending Tunsil

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Apr 24, 2020.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

The bottom line question is, are the Texans Super Bowl Contenders going into year 7 of Billy Bob? We're coming up on nearly a decade of this foolishness.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

BoB defenders only see AFC south division titles. U bring up them getting sht on in playoffs, they just tune u out and point out that at least they aren't as sht as teams like the browns.

Rather b mediocre winning a sht division title year in and year out than having legit chance @ superbowls.

3. raining threes

How many of those games did they lose when they were the better team.

4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

idk why does this matter. if u and few others r gonna beat your chest and brag about getting a AFC south titles, y are u gonna use this excuse when we get ass blasted in playoffs?

An L is an L, it's more frustrating we don't even take close Ls, we legit get sht on in Playoffs. Then u have Scarface defending the coach right after a sht lost.

idk man, kinda telling that in 6 years under BoB we still haven't reached AFC conference championship while every other team in our division made it, before u make excuses that we didn't have Watson. The other coaches made it with Blake Bortles, Ryan Tannerhill, and Luck.

But sure keep celebrating the AFC south titles.

5. raining threes

The point is the most talented team wins most of the time and the Texans are lacking in talent when it comes to competing against teams like the Chiefs/Ravens. That's a fact and although BOB has his faults as a HC his teams go as far as their talent takes them. In this case they lost to the eventual SB champs.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

You know what helps talent? Trading your best WR (a top 3 WR in the league) for an oft-injured, overpaid RB. That definitely helps the talent gap.

#146 SWTsig, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    Astrodome likes this.
  7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

The fact stands, we don't even win any of the time we go against a "more talent team" in playoffs. Like it's not even close.

2015: lose to chiefs 30-0 (they aren't superbowl champ)
    2016: lose to patriots 34-16 (dramatic superbowl victory by patriots)
    2018: lose to the colts 21-7 (these guys aren't Superbowl champs)
    2019: that sht show vs the chiefs

I dont think we are lacking that great of talents any of those season except at like ol/cb positions.

Just saying we lose pretty bad in playoffs under BoB and it's not cause of talent.
    Don't b using this excuse when BoB is legitimately getting rid of talents for minimum return. I honestly think BoB coaching ceiling is just gettin into playoffs, chief game proves it.

8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

LOL. 2015/2016: Hoyer/Brock at QB. 2018, 2019: Both Colts and Pats were more complete teams. Texans had No OL in 2018, No Secondary in 2019 (injuries played a part).

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

There’s always an excuse. Hasn’t bob been the de facto GM for 3 yrs give or take? If the team isn’t “as talented” or properly constructed who’s fault is that?

Better yet, what in gods name has this franchise ever accomplished to garner this much benefit of doubt? You know, other than “losing to good teams.”

red5rocket, bcast89 and Gray_Jay like this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Nope. There was a GM until Summer of 2019. No one is giving them anything. The fact are the facts. They have failed in the playoffs.
    You can tell the difference when BoB has had full control. The moves everyone seems to hate, but most have actually been fruitful.

Going Forward, BoB has control. It is ALL ON HIM. He sinks or swims with his decisions. For those who want him gone, it is your opportunity to have that happen.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Billy Bob is 11-15 in primetime spots. Sunday, Monday & Thursday Nights or the playoffs.

4-12 to 9-7 is where Bob has fallen 4 of the 6 years he's been here. If he makes the playoffs, it's going to be a mental mistake filled loss to a better coached team. This is what I'd bet if I was forced to wager. Just playing the odds. It's just time for a new voice. Billy Bob has done his best.

#151 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 28, 2020
  12. raining threes

And bring back in Cooks/DJ/Blaclock in trade for Nuk.

I guess how good do you think Blacklock is going to be and he fills a need. Cooks wont replace Nuk but his speed makes the defense far more dangerous. If DJ plays like 2016 DJ I can guarantee you that this offense will be really good if DW4 plays avg.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

David Johnson was a backup last year. He's a $10 million has been RB. Good luck with turning the clock back 5 years. Can't put that on DW4.

14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Johnson’s money is irrelevant. His money doesn’t affect the Texans this year. They did want to pay Hopkins $20-$22 million. Same with Cobb. Texans didn’t want to pay a WR $20+ million, right or wrong.

raining threes likes this.
  15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Not even about Hopkins. I would rather have taken back Christian Kirk in the trade. They could've had a better back for that kind of money. Melvin Gordon? Hell, Carlos Hyde was better than Johnson last year. Johnson is washed, So is Cobb. 2016 ain't coming back. Sorry.

#155 TEXNIFICENT, Apr 28, 2020
  16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

There was a good chance the Cards were going to release DJ at some point this offseason.

17. raining threes

He hurt his back, says he's healthy. Hopefully they get lucky. Even if he doesn't he still has a great pair of hands. If BOB shared your concerns he probably would've drafted a RB. My favorite for them to pickup was Leake. They chose Phillips instead, that tells me something about the way BOB evaluates talent and the type of offense he wants to have.

18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I love your optimism and I hope you're right. I just see 7-9 to 9-7, but you may be right.

19. raining threes

Agreed, maybe some of that $$$$ could've been spent on the defense. Apparently they believe in DJ. Difference is they were looking to save cap room, Iwould be happier if Kirk was in the deal instead of DJ. Then you wouldn't have had to spend the money on Cobb.

If your saying 40 + DJ's contract + Kirk minus the 2021 4th would you be on board?

20. raining threes

If they stay healthy hey can be 11-5.

If they have normal injury issues they can finish 7-9 depending on how many injuries.