1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Positive Thread] north korea leader's condition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

https://trib.al/And4N5u

• 68kshares
    MORE rumors claim Kim Jong Un is dead: China-backed journalist claims North Korean dictator has died while Japanese report says dictator is in a vegetative state

By Sophie Tanno and Chris Jewers For Mailonline

Bye

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He had serious heart surgery and hasn't been seen since -- the Chinese doctors all bailed about a week ago.

Edit: The doctors that performed the initial surgery went back to China -- a new team came in to deal with whatever is happening now (allegedly).

#2 KingCheetah, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not sure this is a positive thread.

Kim Jong Un was a devil but he’s the devil we know and one that at least appeared to have NK under control. With his death the succession is very unclear. His younger sister is the supposed next in line. It’s not clear if she has the support or ability to hold the country together.

If the NK collapses into chaos we could see civil war there along with a flood of refugees that destabilize the region. The Nukes and other non conventional weapons could be stolen or sold to to other actors.

#3 rocketsjudoka, Apr 25, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    Nook, jiggyfly, ElPigto and 1 other person like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think it needs to be taken with a grain of salt until better intelligence comes out. It’s also highly likely NK would announce fairly quick a figurehead to ensure that their perceived enemies don’t seize on a moment of weakness.

If he really is in a coma I assume there is Games of Thrones style medieval politics going on with his generals or any family members claiming power. I wouldn’t be surprised if China isn’t all up in there trying to seize power and maybe trying to use Kim’s wife as a prop.

Who knows but North Korea remains a fascinating mystery and a key piece of land for global super power jockeying.

I don’t know if Kim’s death is a moment of celebration though. The Trump admin saw him as a young leader who grew up in Europe and is fascinated with Western Culture as an opportunity to open up to the civilized world but he is a murderer and sociopath who would kill his own brother and enslave his own people. There’s no evidence though that the West will finally free the NK people with his death. If anything it could make it worse for them.

jiggyfly likes this.
  5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

This would be nuts. If this is true, wow.

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I understand you might not like their leader, but I would not advise salt to a heart surgery patient. :oops:

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe he's just in hiding, from the corona.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If true, I have a feeling it's a coup.

Wouldn't shock me at least.

And while I'd be glad that an evil psychopath would be dead, I don't know how I feel about potential destabilization there.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wonder what the odds are of it being “botched” on purpose.

Two Sandwiches and ROXTXIA like this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Interesting.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's only 36, it's all a bit odd, but at the same time he is obese and who knows how capable his doctors are... so maybe not?

I wouldn't be surprised though, the term "botched" means someone ****ed up, so the possibility is definitely there.

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Dealing with situations like NK everything is on the table concerning regime change.

He did not live a healthy lifestyle and its not crazy to think he engaged in substance abuse.

I am also pretty sure some people were antsy seeing how he could execute anybody at any moment.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This might be totally irrelevant, but consider who is posting it. Ahem, here we go:
    The great Soviet rocket scientist Sergei Korolev died on an operating table in what was supposed to be fairly routine surgery because The Party insisted on the most highly ranked doctor do the surgery, but not most highly qualified. They found the most highly ranked bureaucrat, who also happened to have once had an MD, to do the surgery. Or that's how I understand the story.

Maybe Kim here had to have the most 'famous' or 'powerful' doctor in DPRK do the surgery but that didn't necessarily mean the most skilled or the one with the best hands.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He could be dead, he could be on vacation, he could be sheltering in place.

But a power vacuum in NK is not a positive thing. His death doesn't mean relations improve or that the NK will all of a sudden no longer be a threat to its neighbors. The military will likely take control and replace him with another dictator.

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here is some background info on Kim Jong Un's younger sister, Kim Yo Jong who is the next in line for succession.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/marley...ssible-successor-in-north-korea/#11fb14ae4d8f

I also saw on the news that the PRC has dispatched a medical team to assist NK on treating Kim Jong Un..
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...on-north-koreas-kim-sources-say-idUSKCN2263DW
    One reason why the PRC has protected and defended NK even though they're a major headache to Beijing, is to keep a buffer between US forces in SK and also because they fear the Northwest parts of the country being swamped with refugees and crime from a chaotic NK. It wouldn't surprise me if the PRC steps in if things look like they are falling apart.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"Scalpel. Thank you, nurse. OK, now we make the incision along the....ah-CHOO! Oh, s***! Suction! Quick, suction! Get me some sutures! Whoops, I dropped the sutures (wink wink) in the body. Get me some more. No more? OK, who brought a flashlight and some tongs? Nobody? OK, well, I'm calling it. 6:43 a.m., time of death. Cause of death: Major assholery. OK, let's go. Bulgogi's on me!"

Blatz and Two Sandwiches like this.
  19. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

One of our local tv channels reported that he has died. I have not seen that reported anywhere else. Not CNN, FOX or other cable news channels. Anyone hear anything? If he is dead does his sister take over?

20. conquistador#11

If I was supreme leader, I would have dr. James Andrews perform his first heart surgery. I watch a lot of nba, only doctor I know.