1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Better Call Saul S5 - 2/23

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Jan 29, 2020.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lalo > Gus?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  3. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I thought it was a great cliff hanger. My mind is trying to figure out what Lalo is gonna do to Ignacio, or vice versa.

Bet its gonna be some kind of Hector Salamanca and Gus Fring face off kind of ending (not the exact way they ended, but some crazy type of ending for the both of them)

Yung-T likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

In the BCS world, for sure.

I mentioned earlier that Tony Dalton is bringing phenomenal depth to this role... and being a true Mexican-American classically trained actor, with a background in Mexican film/theater productions makes him a natural fit, a great casting decision by Gilligan.

Esposito was tremendous in BB... but his character has become increasingly one-dimensional in BCS. Understandably, he's merely a minor role player at this point, and the audience is already well aware of his ability to portray both innocent civilian and ruthless drug boss.

tinman likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

This is a regressed and less confident Gus at this point

Rocket River

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not sure about regressed. He seems pensive/angry in every scene. He's certainly more on edge. You see less of the civilian Gus that seemed as composed/collected as anybody.

But yeah, maybe its all confidence and he hasn't fully conquered the Salamanca threat. I guess this will happen at some point, leaving Tuco to run a shell of the operation by the time the BB timeline intersects.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

What's COVID-19 going to do for the production of shows like this? There might be another 2 year gap between seasons.

8. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Bah...much ado about nothing. We already know Lalo won’t be around for long.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

See post #43. If he dies then Saul wasn't told about it.

Yung-T and Ziggy like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

if the final season revolves around Kim trying to ruin Hamlin's life to "tear him down a peg", that sounds like an awful end to her character

Yung-T, daywalker02 and Rocket River like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

#71 daywalker02, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, though tragic, I would have been fully on board with Kim's career and/or life being ruined by Jimmy's "Saul" antics affecting her. But if she basically brings herself down because she decided to go to the dark side, basically becoming Jimmy's worst attributes, then that won't feel as satisfying. Jimmy will still be heartbroken and blame himself, but it won't feel as organic to her character.

But BB had one of the best endings of any show I've ever watched. For as good as the whole series was, they really stuck the landing, which seems to be quite difficult for most top end shows. I have faith in Gilligan to do this right.

Yung-T likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

My guess is not only does Kim bring herself down... but she becomes far better at it, and thus far more dangerous, than anything Jimmy could have ever done. What that leads to her getting into, in regards to danger or death to her character, should make for a gripping final season.

I'm just glad that both Lalo and Kim are going to be in the final season in full force... best characters in the BCS universe.

Yung-T likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At worst Kim becomes a morally challenged lawyer.

White was a criminal mastermind and Overlord.

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, maybe I worded that poorly. I wasn't suggesting she turns into WW. I was suggesting she turns into Saul and then that is what brings her down. But I feel like she's always been much more level headed than Jimmy, so for her to commit serious crimes in order to effectively get Hamlin disbarred/disgraced probably wouldn't feel right, to me.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

White didn't become a mastermind overnight. Started out small... one thing led to another.

Granted, they don't have enough time/season to have a similar devolution of Kim... but as my previous post suggested, this could be a slippery slope that makes her even more dangerous than anything Saul is capable of, legal-wise.

Yung-T and daywalker02 like this.
  18. conquistador#11

two things that will blow everyone's head off:
    1. Better Call Saul has almost been on as long as Breaking Bad.
    2. Lalo the lost years:

19. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Im finally on season 3 of this show and its starting to get some action in it. Man, is it a slow burn. Its not bad but its not as good as some have made it out to be. Definitely not as good as BB as Ive read in some places.

20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

giligan is a genius...is BCS officially longer than BB now?!?

Thats crazy