1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

The Beach. :D

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

had to look that up, because you're batting a thousand so far, with your TV recommendations of past.

wikipedia says this:

Sunderland chairman Ellis Short originally agreed to extensive, behind-the-scenes filming in the summer of 2017 on the basis it would attract potential investors.​

Beware if Tilman all of a sudden says he wants to film a Rockets 'till I die season, too. lulz

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm watching Hitchcock's brilliant North by Northwest again for the umpteenth time. TCM has it remastered and in HD. They might still have it in rotation on demand. Definitely one of Hitchcock's best. Cary Grant and Eva Marie Saint busy doing some of their finest work. James Mason terrific has the antagonist, with Martin Landau in an early role as one of his henchmen. It's about 2 hours and 15 minutes long, but feels like it's 90 minutes.

You've reminded me of another film I've seen at least a couple of times. On the Beach. A totally different film than the one above that came out the same year, 1959. Based on the excellent novel by Nevil Shute, World War III has happened, no one quite sure how or why, and the entire Northern Hemisphere is blanketed with radiation. A US nuclear submarine is in Australia, which hasn't been reached yet by the deadly clouds, but it seems inevitable. Gregory Peck, Ava Gardner, Fred Astaire in a serious role, and Anthony Perkins.

A gripping film made during a period of the Cold War where school children were often ordered to take defensive positions in the hallways of the public schools in case of a nuclear blast, as if that would help. You would bend over on your knees facing a wall, clasp your hands behind your head in an attempt to protect yourself. Wait that way for a few minutes, long enough to wonder what it would be like if it was real, and then the principal would come on the intercom and solemnly tell everyone to return to their classrooms in an orderly fashion. It was really weird.

#203 Deckard, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    mikol13, NewRoxFan and I am a Donut like this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I just finished the 3rd season, so once again, "Startup" on Sony Crackle- Tech company that has some sketchy founders to begin with, that do some sketchy stuff to keep their company afloat.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just binge watched both seasons of Big Little Lies this weekend.

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wife and I started watching Kim's Convenience tonight. Very funny Canadian-Korean comedy.

Cokebabies, VooDooPope and marky :) like this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

@Hakeemtheking

so we made it through episode 8. Episode 8 is where this thing really goes off the rails into stupid land. They seemed so intent on making it 10 episodes when they could have ended it. I’ll spoiler the specific but the thing that happens at the end of the episode.... lol.... where’d that dude randomly show up from, lol

so many dumb things about this episode.

first, ward killing big john. Why? If he thought the dude was legit dead he could have easily said the guy slipped. And fell. Frankly that’s basically what happened anyway.

second... fine he has a moment of panic and flips him overboard. so unconscious bleeding from head dude randomly survives floating to a random island and survives, lol.

then he still ducks up his plan with John b. No planning about what if he still denies it? I’ll just take him out to the water and then kill him too!

next.. why the f does this dude needs this money so bad? A Bahamas home. A multimillion dollar yacht. Planes. Sure it’s a lot of money... but for all this trouble?

It keeps coming ... the gold is too heavy for a bunch of **** but ward excavates it in a few hours on his own? After quickly putting up a for sale sign I guess?

which of course gets one to the end. Again the heavy gold... but it’s no problem for the plane to stop in like 20 feet.

but more than anything... where the f did Rafe show up from lol? Was he just hiding in a ditch after his sister tells him about it - sidebar, does anyone give a f about this younger sister? Or is she like every other kid in this town... off doing their own **** for days with no one caring lol? But seriously... did he drive up? Use his bike? Where’d the gun come from? No he’s tough all of a sudden? Before he keeps getting punked by his midget drug dealer.

writers went off the rails here.

we’ll finish it, but not a good ending here...

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just saw the 8th and final episode (for season 1) of The Trial (Netflix). Again, really well-done, very good acting and writing.

9. conquistador#11

I never said it was The Wire, season 4. =)
    The drug dealer has to be one of my 2 favorite characters.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

First season of Cosmos took some getting used to but was pretty good -- 2nd season episodes I tried to watch were awful. NDT just isn't a good host for that show.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Anyone watching DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE?

Rocket River

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

I just discovered what we do in the shadows. It’s my spirit animal.

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Seen the movie?

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lookin.mg forward to this Rick and Morty knockoff by Justin Roland coming May 8.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

i have a friend who is mr Kim’s doppelgänger

boomboom likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I just finished season 2 it has gotten better.

Need to watch season 3.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Plan on watching it this weekend

18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Have a Las Vegas and gambling itch so I just watched The Hangover and Molly's Game on netflix. Molly's Game was a whole lot better than I thought it would be. Saw Jessica Chastain on the preview and it's about poker, deal me in.

May put on an old favorite of mine to go along with the Vegas theme movies and watch 'Vegas Vacation' for the 1 millionth time.

19. conquistador#11

Waco- 7.8/ 10 , I'm only one episode in. Tim Riggins's exes have all married pro athletes. His house, that he built with his own hands, was torn down by a tornado and had to relocate 40 miles north, now alone and in Waco he begins a cult.

20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Streep was incredible. And all the scenes between Reese Witherspoon's current and ex-husband are hilarious.

deb4rockets likes this.