1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jordan/Bulls Documentary] 'The Last Dance'

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 16, 2020.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Am i the only one who has no interest whatsoever in this documentary?

I love the fact the rockets have 2 championships wedged in between those 2 bull runs.

Gabe0941 likes this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I liked it. Looking forward to getting more in-depth footage during the season but good backstory on MJ. Wish they would have shown more of his highlights to the young youtube generation who never got to see him play. I was fortunate enough to watch a lot of his career (starting watching hoops at 10 years old in 1987). The fact that guys like MJ and Bird said what they did about his talent and drive speaks volumes. Dude was a straight assassin.

Yes, I think we still beat the 94 and 95 Bulls with our roster and MJ played second-half 95 and had amazing playoff stats...that team just wasn't designed properly from a supporting cast standpoint and couldn't handle the Magic. Once they got Rodman and a few others they hit another gear.

Can't wait to keep watching.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. KelvinCato13

KelvinCato13 Member

Any links? missed it last night due to work

BossHogg713 likes this.
  4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

After 2 episodes, I'd say it was ok, nothing wanting me to rewatch. Good to see the history / timeline and the "behind the scenes" drama. Confirms MJ was competitive, borderline ahole, but who isn't?

Also main reason I watched is bc I need sports in my life

BenjaminChen likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The GOAT

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Played like a GOAT.

Did lines after he retired again like the GOAT.

7. adoo

adoo Member

every Bulls personnel disrespected him. who was previously a baseball scout for Bulls owners (Reinsdorff) other toy, the Chicago White Sox.

there was a story that the Bulls team had invited the short chubby Krause to join them in their warm up / shoot around, saying that "we'd lower the basket for you

8. adoo

adoo Member

which beckons the question,

had Jordan not pursued his baseball career full time, would the Bulls have won 8 rings in a row ?​

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You heard that in one of the first 2 episodes where Jordan was asking him about the pills he took and were they diet pills. Also about Scottie tearing into him so bad, even Phil had to step in because it was getting out of hand. I think they even had video of the "lower the basket for you" comment by Jordan, I believe, in the episode. I kinda felt bad for Krause.

10. adoo

adoo Member

hell no, him and his Napolean complex can go to hell, which is where i think Krause is,

i dispise him and the owner for what they did to jordan, pippen and PJax

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He’s lucky Clyde, Chuck and Dream got stopped by Utah.

BHannes2BHonest likes this.
  13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That season took a pretty hefty toll on those big 3... all of them had injuries or were fatigued by the end.

Maybe at the start of the season, they'd have likely been able to beat the 97 Bulls in a 7 game series. Not so sure the version they had at the end (complete with 56 year old Eddie Johnson, and 300 lb Sedale Threatt) would have been able to do as well.

Patience and Caesar like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The turmoil surrounding kukoc really brought down the organization.

The core of veteran guards was never
    really upgraded. Bulls should have went after Eddie Jones after Jones left Lakers or Harold miner, Easley from the jaZz maybe!

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah current-day MJ appears to have yellow eyeballs

Patience likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

MJ looks older than his mother who is aging extremely well.

KelvinCato13 and Patience like this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

He also had vision to trade for 18 year old T-Mac too and would have traded Pippen for him but MJ said no. T-Mac could have easily been groomed to be a new evolution of Pippen as T-Mac had pip and mj influence to his game that MJ could have helped develop.

T-Mac's rookie year at 18, it seems he couldn't handle his head coach Butch Carter though. T-Mac so butt hurt that he got the coach fired and still wont mention Butch by name and brought him up during his HOF speech-

“Your best move, Zeke, was firing that coach my rookie year — firing that coach my rookie year that criticized me saying I wasn’t going to be in the NBA in three years,” McGrady said. “Was he wrong? Boy, was he wrong. Boy, was he wrong.”

You could say "t-mac was motivated by being doubted and proved his former coach wrong," but i think he was going to develop anyway with or without being pushed with positive or negative motivation purely based on god given talents. To me, it sounds like Butch was being hard on him to motivate him because as history shows, T-Mac wasn't what you'd describe as a hard man. I think Butch saw that softness and was trying to man him up and take an elder adult role in T-Mac's life on/off the court and T-Mac couldn't hack it. IIIRC, he couldn't even deal with Doc Rivers in ORL. Some people just don't respond to negativity as motivation, they need positive reinforcement and approval. T-mac just wasn't built to have MJ as a mentor who would have been 100x worse than Butch Carter.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I wish they'd stop b****ing about Harden drawing fouls. I mean what... oh wait... we're talking about Jordan here?

Patience likes this.