1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Yeah, the way he answered that question it’s almost as if he is just taking the cards gm on his word and making up that a doc checked him out (or it was David Johnson’s personal doctor)

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Texans updated o/u for 2020 season 7.5 wins. Ouch

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I would take that in a heartbeat in Vegas.

As for BoB, O’Brien is building a solid offense with a bunch of weapons. Yes, you don’t have Hopkins. The WRs core is deeper now...pending health. OBJ is not on their radar because he wants a Julio Jones contract too. GMs are pissed at the falcons for that contract.
    The reason OBJ won’t bring a #1 is that contract demand.

We will see what happens...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

stfu your dick riding of BoB gets real tiring especially after sht trades. Solid offense my ass, we have never gotten top 10 offense with hopkins, u think we gonna have one with a bunch of second tier wide receviers?

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

*Sigh* Oh, look......you have found another team yet? I not going argue the concept of what the Texans are trying. You are not equipped to understand it. Go whine to your Boyfriend.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

7.5? If Watson plays all 16 games that’s easy money

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I hate the hopkins trade. Its going to such him not being there. But your argument is bad. If texans could not be top 10 offense with hopkins then the only way to change that is either change coach (which has happened once and won't happen realistically) or change the player and hope for a positive. We are in the latter boat, if they stay healthy they will be a better offense but healthy is unlikely

raining threes likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Huh? Nah it’s called you add guys around your best players to get better, not get rid of them. And especially for nothing. Now it’s Watson by himself. This offense isn’t better. It’s worse and their win total projection shows it

#1228 YOLO, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  9. raining threes

I'm hoping for health.

Cobb is a huge upgrade in the slot and adding Cooks speed should open things up more. Even though Nuk was great the WR corps should be more well rounded.

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

again my assumption is the players stay healthy .. I even stated that is a long shot.. but if they are healthy you cant act like Johnson, fuller, cooks are not players.. you may not agree with how much we paid for Johnson (and you would be correct) but when healthy he is a player

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

They’re not. Johnson is a declining backup back. Fuller is a boom or bust injury riddled limited receiver. Cooks is a concussion away from possibly retiring. Not exactly much to get excited about.

12. Buck Turgidson

If everyone stays healthy, the Texans are a video game championship team.

Who thinks this will happen?

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

lol I said assuming they would be healthy and you bring up injuries .. that's funny...anywho .. stay safe

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Declining backup. Boom or bust. Limited receiver. Those sound like injuries I guess? Strange

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U see how shtty how BoB built his team if u have to say assuming they stay healthy? We trade Hopkins for jack sht, and we have Scarface lapping up BoB sht acting like he bulilt a competent offense.

I hate words like versatile or potential sht. u go with what works and Hopkins has proven he's a legit wr, now we have a roster of injured ass wide receivers, but sure let's pray it all works out.

coachbadlee likes this.
  16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

This idea that Brandin Cooks is broken down and can’t stay on the field is completely overblown. He’s missed two games since 2015, from a recurring concussion.

awc713 and Fulgore like this.
  17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Let’s just sit back and enjoy Bill Exotic and his island of misfit toys

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Curious: was David Johnson not healthy last season?

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

naa he was just trash

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

That was for the ones that thinks David Johnson is going to be back to his 2016 form.

Just another “if heathy” player that’s overpaid