1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

in the critical time of a deadly pandemic

2. Caprah

Caprah Member

Wtf you lol you commi ratbag apologist. It’s becoming more evident by the day . Go read associate press piece about the vile Chinese regimes cover up

3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

uhm...

Amiga likes this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Daring Donald indeed!

[​IMG]

Rashmon, joshuaao, superfob and 4 others like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Which is a shame. I mentioned it many time - we need a much better system that does not depend on any country self reporting.

It’s stunning to be honest but expected. This isn’t the time to harm the ability of global non-political organization to combat this pandemic.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

good for them.. transparency and accurate data is important for understanding the scope of the problem and to make more informed decisions

This is still a problem throughout the US. I completely understand not testing the dead at this time, but you can make an estimate

8. PeppermintCandy

Although I wouldn't be too surprised if China had a hand in concocting the coronavirus, there doesn't seem to be any proof at this point. Only speculation and an "exploring of the possibility" by the U.S. government. And as the quote says, the evidence currently points to it being caused naturally.

Anyway, while finding the culprit (if one exists) is of course important, I think the more pressing issue is preventing the spread of the virus. To do this, all Americans really do have to take the pandemic seriously.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Agreed. There might be problems at the WHO. I honestly can't tell, it's not really my job, and hopefully responsible people will attend to it when the crisis passes. But the WHO also doesn't really matter. I knew by the end of January that the virus was a legit problem and that when it started spreading in the US we were going to have problems. If I knew by the end of January, I'm sure WHO knew and I'm sure the president should have known. Nothing the Chinese or the WHO or anyone else did in December and January matter to what actions the US Govt took in February. By then, and probably well before then, they should have known and acted.

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

maybe he is but for the life of me why would any functioning adult support a man so petty that during his daily briefings on a global pandemic that has killed 10's of thousands and has completely halted our economy, finds it appropriate to take any amount of time to "troll"??? That is something a megalomaniac does. At what point do his supporters simply except better from the leader of the free world?

it's just baffling to me that this sort of behavior, at any time, is considered a positive attribute for a leader, let along during the biggest disaster of our lives.

VooDooPope and dmoneybangbang like this.
  11. vlaurelio

if not Trump there's no wall and the end of white America

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

Remember that testing web site trump told us was being built?... yea, trump doesn't remember it either...

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Trump isn't doing the country, or himself, any favors by spending so much time dealing with the PR aspect of it rather than the public health aspect. Yes, I'm sure many media members don't like him. Yes, some of their questions may not be "fair and balanced." But spending so much of your airtime on what is supposed to be a public health update on arguing about "the liberal media" being unfair to yourself sure doesn't make people who are not already Trump die-hards feel like you are focused on the actual public health and economic issues.

Just say "I don't think the question is fair, but this isn't time to litigate it-- here's what we are doing right now" would be more useful.

joshuaao, edwardc and Two Sandwiches like this.
  14. vlaurelio

well he's doing what's best to keep the loyalty of his supporters because is ultimate goal is holding in to power as long as he can

joshuaao and RayRay10 like this.
  15. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah if we only had an expert that worked closely in China with thier cdc. Now imagine we had that said person and he was let go by the current president. The people on the right can blame China all you want but the safe guards that were in place Trump himself dismantled. He bares responsibility for how he handled the situation.

RayRay10 and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

In b4 we find out Trump started the virus.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

18. NewRoxFan

Tweets from the past...

#2538 NewRoxFan, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

LOL loyalists are down to the "well he didn't start the virus" defense

TheFreak and RayRay10 like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Any guesses on which member of the Administration we will later find out has ties to this company?