1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020 Presidential Election

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that Trump could potentially beat anyone because of his unshakable and motivated base.

I also think that he is very vulnerable and his performance at this point, makes him more vulnerable, daily.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This makes no sense.

What does your 2 young daughters have to do with Biden or what you posted here?

3. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Because my wife will divorce me if I bring any politics up. And there's no point in debating a friend or colleague who has the same opinions. I'll support anyone to have his or her own opinion.....even if it's wrong (like my wife's).

Corrosion and rocketsjudoka like this.
  4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LIES, LIES, AND MORE LIES... I've defended Beto (against legendary CF.net right wing trolls) and Bernie many many many times. I've voted for both. My criticism is equal or I try to be. Also, not that you listen but don't confuse criticizing media for defending Trump. However, I realize I'm wasting my time with you since you don't read or believe what I say. This will be my last reply to you.

5. ipaman

I was talking to @NewRoxFan not you. I have no issues discussing with you.

B@ffled likes this.
  6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Probably a good bet that the VP gets a run at President during or after Biden's reign.

Corrosion, ipaman and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Interesting... i directly quoted one of your posts (which for some reason you deleted from your reply to me):

8. ipaman

i was clear but i don't expect you too make sense, you're incapable apparently. again i was clear.

9. ipaman

Agreed which is, assuming great choice, will let me sleep at night.

10. ipaman

I said I wouldn't but the last time... After my guy was robbed, I'd embraced the chaos because the 2 party system is broken imo. Bernie getting robbed, Hilary with the popular vote, Trump with the victory, gerrymandering laws, lack of youth vote, non-holiday election day, superpacs, etc... it's all facked and it all needs to be replaced.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You would have made the same comment about every democratic candidate. Just keep voting for trump,

T_Man and arno_ed like this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Now I am confused. You first say you didn't vote nor support him. I post what you posted after trump was elected "'I've very clearly told you why Trump" and how you "wanted him for his potential to ruin our system not govern it" and now you say you only supported him because your guy (Bernie) was robbed"?

So what was it... did you support him or not?

Honestly, whether and why you support is your own decision. But then claiming you didn't/don't after spending four years defending him here is, well, disingenuous, no? trump won because of people voting for him. Complaining about the system, or saying it needs to be replaced won't prevent him from winning a second term.

But again, its your vote.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your posts are very confusing.

You are saying Biden needs to "sell" you - which is confusing given that his whole platform is pretty much out there and its pretty clear what he wants to do and how he would run the country. There's not a lot of mystery there.

Let me ask you - whom would you vote for if not Biden? Are you saying you'd stay home or lodge a vote for a candidate that has no chance of winning? Or do you live in a state where you vote matters very little?

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I think Biden can win the swing voters and states. Trump's and the Republican party's pathetic response to this crisis has left the door wide-open for a change.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Trumps winning it's over.

2024 is what I as a conservative am worried about.

And how would have you handled this? He listened to the doomer approach, which seems to be more the Democrat stance. The numbers are far less then what was anticipated. Once again, most conservatives(Yes myself included) don't like how Trump handled this. Way to much .gov intervention for the lack of numbers we are seeing.

If you're going to say the lack of numbers were seeing is because of the orders put in place by the .gov; then what don't you like about how Trump has handled this?

B@ffled likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't know how you consider the current casualty rate a "success". You remember the freak out people had over H1N1.

This current virus has killed more Americans in a month than H1N1 has since its first victim in the US years ago.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only numbers that have been beaten were a worst case scenario. Trump gave the virus several months head start before doing anything.

Prior to the pandemic Trump closed the office and dismantled the group dedicated to Pandemic response.

Trump spreads misinformation on a daily basis, has made it clear he is only relating this to himself rather than the nation at large. He's used this to benefit his wealthy donors. Trump had given priority for supplies, not according to need, but according to who Trump feels has given him praise. We have seen other nations take leadership and have been much more successful in handing the outbreak.

Trump has taken zero responsibility for any of it. That is the first thing a leader should do.

There is almost no way in which Trump has acted with leadership. It will all be highlighted as the election gets closer and the pandemic more under control.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

Not saying the numbers are insignificant. But they are waaay less then the early models were predicting. Not sure I referenced it being a "success", but when the numbers are far less then early models were predicting what do you call that?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are many models. There are worst case scenario models that include initial conditions of no action whatsoever such as the social distancing we have done for the past few weeks in most states. There are hundreds of models each with different initial conditions for different hypotheticals.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. BlackHalo

BlackHalo Member

I agree. But at least from what I've seen our numbers are far less then any of them predicted? Do you have a model within the month from a reputable source showing the opposite?

Call it or "success" or don't. But I'm glad the numbers are far less then what I saw a month ago people were predicting.

A lot of people I talk to don't even know the population of the US(Hell- my wife included). Per capita from what I can see we look to be lower on overall numbers compared to every major nation except the UK. Once again, I'll take that... success or not? That's up for you to define.