1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ruh-oh] Restaurateur Tilman Fertitta Desperately Seeks Cash Infusion For His Hospitality Empire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by iJHolmes, Apr 9, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he does employ lots of people unlike the previous owner who was mainly a bonds trader who had no other real businesses except investments (which is is money not really employees)

any service business is hurting now. just think about people who cut your hair.
    once this thing is over, people will go get haircuts again and people will still go to overrated themed restaurant chains, cause that's what people do.

vlaurelio and jiggyfly like this.
  2. sheb

sheb Member

IDK about this.
    It take 12 weeks to form a habit.
    That’s usually the breaking point for people to make working out or eating healthier a part of their daily lives.
    If we’re all stuck indoors for months, people will become healthier because they are eating better.
    Once this is over, people may not want to eat out every meal every day anymore.
    Time will tell I guess ...

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol
    People eating healthy at home ?

Space Ghost, BigM, macho87 and 4 others like this.
  4. sheb

sheb Member

You're not cooking?
    Come on... Do your part to get rid of Houstons title as Americas Fattest City

5. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  6. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Ziggy, D-rock, BigBum and 1 other person like this.
  7. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

I dont think its so much the food aspect that entices people to go to restaurants for some. Its the "going out" and social aspect that people like when dining at places.

I personally think most restaurants will boom short term at an unexpected time of year (summer) because most people are dying to socialize.

jcmoon likes this.
  8. sheb

sheb Member

Yeah this makes sense, well maybe we can collectively boycott Landry’s when things open so Tillman still has to sell

Corrosion, Clutch City1993 and jcmoon like this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

The brotherhood shows up during trying times to drop supreme knowledge on everyone

99ers got your back
    @Clutch

10. tinman

Supporting Member

We should get Timmy Chan’s to buy the Rockets

J Sizzle likes this.
  11. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Sad no one in Houston (Tillman, Harden, Westbrook...) decided to take care of all the arena workers who are out of work and are hurting right now. Such a bad look. Props to other teams and players for thinking of the people that help them every game

Richie_Rich, gatsby and jcmoon like this.
  12. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Lol Im with you brother

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA should step in and buy the Rockets.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Only a complete douchebag can rationalize furloughing his workplace right away as doing the workers a "favor" so they can be at the front of the unemployment line.

D-rock, Richie_Rich and jcmoon like this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

How do you know? Someone may have and didn't publicize it. Plus I'm pretty sure Nike is fronting Zion on that

vlaurelio likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

None of you idiots who claim to boycott Fertitta’s restaurants don’t eat there anyway

that’s like saying I’m boycotting Pizza Hut . I never go to Pizza Hut.

you know he owns the Rockets ! You boycott watching them?

like I mention one the ground level in Houston , there’s not any outrage against him until probably his dumb comments on layoffs.

Let’s say you idiots here decide to boycott Popeyes. Nothing would happen. Stupid idiots on Clutchfans will not have any affect on the Houston or national food scene. None.

the majority or all people base restaurant choices on the food

you cheap ass idiots don’t even contribute to Clutchfans!
    Sorry ass cheap suckers

@Reeko

Sep11ie likes this.
  17. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I know. I have family who work there

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

Fertitta’s restaurants are always being called trash...the closest Saltgrass to me has 4.3 stars with over 1000 reviews, but that’s none of my business

all his restaurants would be PACKED this Sunday if not for Covid-19

How many people in this city really care about his cheapness with the Rockets?

tinman likes this.
  19. Reeko

Reeko Member

Timmy Chan’s used to be the spot way back in the day

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, Tilman employs (or did) around forty thousand people. Les? Has to be a tiny fraction of that.

You mention "people who cut your hair." We've been seeing a lovely woman who cuts what hair I have left, and does various things to my significant other's hair. I don't stick around for that, taking my own car, so it's a mystery. I have no idea how that lovely woman is doing now. She's essentially self-employed, and in our case, we've had to postpone appointments twice. The next time we talk to her on the phone, we'll have to tell her that we have no idea when we'll be able to see her again. CNN has a "front page" story on their website that the new run of shortages are hair cutting paraphernalia and hair color. Doesn't Harden's brother trim his beard for him?
    That's the worst possible outcome. Think about it. You want Silver to get his grubby hands on our Rockets? Never!