1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

This definition did not answer the question.

What does being a liberal have to do with anything?

It's not like we are under armed guard.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What does it have to do with being liberal or conservative vs. just being responsible?

Blatz, FranchiseBlade and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm just going to assume it's the isolation talking and pre-emptively delete my own isolation-coping snarky post.

I've already have 3-4 sprinkled around in the D&D, and it's still morning for me. :(

If I'm not doing it for my old loved ones, I'm also doing it for the healthcare workers who have every right not to show up to work.

I'm such a bleeding heart...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Ok, I like these explanations. Thank you for the feedback. Point taken.

Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You won't change his mind if Trump's lying mouth, narcissism, foul mouth, and inability to ever admit he was or is wrong about anything he does hasn't given him a reality check. It's the live and die hard core Trumpateers that are just like him, and living in their own bubble of toxic waste.

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you mean right and liberty to ingest pool and aquarium cleaners?

or right and liberty to knowingly infect other people with a deadly virus?

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where in the world did this come from? We have had nothing but good interactions on this site Deb. Very surprising.

EDIT: Especially after I posted that I changed my mind 3 posts up

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't a matter of being "fine" with it. I don't know a single person that is happy about it. People are making sacrifices because they do not want the pandemic to swell and kill millions of people, which is almost universally accepted by experts if there had not been proactive quarantine measures enacted and social distancing.

People don't want to risk losing there friends and family members to COVID19.

The only reason that the numbers are not massively higher is because we are shut down.

jcf, mikol13, dmoneybangbang and 8 others like this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Thanks for the response.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I say this as someone that likes good trolling, but it's harder to take what you say seriously given post history.

Instead of the boy who cried wolf, it's the troll who spoke candidly.

11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Trolling is subjective. Conservative viewpoints arent appreciated here and that is OK! We are all rooting for this to be over.

jcf likes this.
  12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What seems un-liberal about following health restrictions for the good of all?

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Conservative viewpoints are appreciated, but not when they use lies. On either side frankly. A lot of conservatives on here bend the truth (to put it kindly).

Also when you say you are surprised that liberals are fine with taking responsible actions to limit a disease, it sounds like you are putting liberals down.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Please see my posts where I admitted I was misguided.

Andre0087 and Rashmon like this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

And not Testing everyone...

T_Man

Nook likes this.
  16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They are but you gotta shoot straight. If Trump says some bullshit call it out, if Biden says some bullshit call it out...if Congress says some bullshit well I think we all equality hate Congress at this point.

RayRay10 likes this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Sorry. I posted from the prior page.

As discussed, there is a huge difference between detaining people against their will (e.g. at the border) and following recommended health guides.

RayRay10 likes this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just tired of it all being liberals, vs conservatives. I'm just tired of extremists who condone anything and everything Trump does, because they are bleed and die Republicans.

When do people raise the BS flag to leaders from their own party and finally say enough is enough? When do they just look at the leader as a man, and decide if they should keep condoning and supporting him when he belittles and name calls and bullies, like a teenage boy who wasn't raised to respect others? When do they finally lose trust and respect of a man who has lied about so many things that if each lie was a thread, then spun onto yarn it would cover the state of Texas?

I just get tired of it. These debates make me want to argue points that frustrate me. Politics frustrates me, and reading this thread frustrates me. That's my own fault, and not yours, so sorry. Maybe your comment was taken wrong, and if so, I apologize. Maybe I'm just too tired of hearing excuses for a man I can't even call a man any more.

Maybe I'm just plain angry at myself for voting for him to begin with. I just feel so stupid, betrayed, and disappointed. I have lost the quality that the Navy taught me, in supporting and Respecting the President. I've always done that, but I can't respect or trust a man who does and says things so much against the character of what I call a good man. Maybe I should just stick to positive vibes threads from now on. Debate threads stir up too many negative emotions from me, and again, sorry.

#2038 deb4rockets, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    jcf, arkoe, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You voted for Trump? You have my sympathy...and I'm sorry for your loss.

deb4rockets likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

trump is butthurt about the Wall Street Journal editorial board calling out the trump Coronavirus press briefings which apparently not for giving Americans the latest info on Coronavirus but instead a place for trump to give his "views"...

Trump’s Wasted Briefings
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-wasted-briefings-11586389028