1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are you playing? COVID-19 Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Andre0087, Mar 22, 2020.

1. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Picked up Borderlands 3 yesterday. I'm not a big gamer but it looked fun. Made me realize that I'm not very good with the two stick setup (I'm much better on a PC with keyboard and mouse)...and that my kid (14 y/o son) can adapt to any video game thrown in front of him.

I've been playing the game on my own...and I'm not very good. My son and my youngest daughter (9) spent yesterday afternoon playing coop together and seemed to be having a good time together (which is a little shocking).

Pretty cool game with some good comedy thrown in (I like the Chris Hardwick-voiced character, Vaughn).

2. PhiSlammaJamma

I still haven't made it out of Fort Joy. This cat keeps following me around. And I have no idea what I'm doing. But generally good game as battles are tight and there are consequences for bringing the wrong party members, choosing the wrong strategy, and your poor decisions. All good. I mean one of my characters just walked up and gutted somebody because he didn't like him, intestines spilled out, and I lost out on stuff I coulda had if he were not there. oops.

3. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I just started Persona 5 last week to pass the time until Final Fantasy VII Remake comes out. I’m completely hooked. I honestly wasn’t sure how much I would like it because I’m not a big anime guy but I am really enjoying this game.

4. Nero

Nero Member

I think I am about to pick up Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origins, both are on pretty good sales right now on Epic.

That'll be the nest set after I finish my re-play of Horizons (never played the Frozen Wilds yet, so that will be new :) )

5. omgTHEpotential

Currently they are stress-testing a brand new arena FPS called Diabotical. It's like the Quake of 2020. Tons of new innovative game modes and features (not to mention things like hud editor, crosshair editor, map editor, customizable character design). Another stress test is coming on August 1st - you can request a closed beta key at diabotical.com

6. omgTHEpotential

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If you have a PS4 and time to spend playing games, Ghost of Tsushima is pretty much where you should be spending all of that time.

8. omgTHEpotential

Open beta come out in 2 days (September 3rd)

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

just started god of war.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Sandworms!

I just started this up the other day while I was trying out Geforce Now. The game that keeps on giving. I really need to find the time to jump back in to check out all the new features they added in recent years.

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I've had Stellaris sitting in my Steam library for a couple years from a Humble Bundle deal and started playing it over the weekend. So far it's good and fits my lifestyle of being able to fit a little in here and there.

[​IMG]

I've also been playing this on the Switch. My 5yo loves to watch me play so he keeps me going on it. Really good squad-based turn based tactical combat, which is one of my sweet spots for gaming, and the Mario/Rabbids theme is great and sometimes hilarious.

[​IMG]

RC Cola likes this.
  12. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I played Endless Space 2 and Stellaris back-to-back about a year or two ago. Excellent games that scratch that sci-fi/space itch.

I think they both received updates since then, so I probably need to find some time for those as well. :)

13. droxford

droxford Member

Looks like an old 1985 arcade game called Gauntlet. It was wildly popular.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

One of my favorites!!! I think Arcade1up will come out with one eventually. I looked into modifying the software to be a twin stick game but I don't see an easy way to do it. Twin stick meaning you have a joystick to move, then another to shoot directionally.

Twin-stick wise, the first one was Robotron 2084

Probably the most popular arcade Twin Stick shooter was Super Smash TV

In addition to Tesla vs Lovecraft, there are tons of great twin stick games for PC. So many that It's one of my projects to build an arcade cabinet for. I have all of the parts I need, just need the time to do it.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Valorant is making me lose years of my life like CSGO did several years ago in college for me.

16. Outlier

Outlier Member

So did anyone get Mass Effect remastered version? My first time going through this series.

17. Aware

Aware Member

i'm playing the trilogy for the first time as well. only a few hrs into the first game but it plays very much like a ps3/360 game lol. story is interesting enough so i'll stick with it but gameplay is kinda frustrating.

also picked up resident evil village. probably wont get to it for a few months if not longer lmao