1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shenzhen has become the first city in China to ban eating cats and dogs

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Apr 2, 2020.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

My cut off is disgusting Chinese eating stuff that repeatedly starts pandemics. You seem incapable of understanding something so simple.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's doesn't eat meat, he isn't devaluing the life of dogs, he's raising the value of pigs. Less of a freak then you by your own standards maybe?

I think Jacoby would agree, dogs are ****ing amazing and shouldn't be eaten outside of people starving to death, which isn't a freak opinion to me.

jacoby likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Disgusting Chinese? Interesting. Like I said earlier, I'm all for stricter food regulations in both China and the rest of the world, it's very important.

You know we had a pandemic 11 years ago from pigs, right?

Please answer my question, out of the 4 classifications I listed, where is your cut off?

jacoby likes this.
  4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

You know currently there is a pandemic going on that has killed a million people right? It's the direct result of the filthy habits coming out of that shithole China.

I'm sorry that is too difficult for you to grasp.

tinman likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do you mean 59,162? Do you know how many died from swine flu? Do you know how many diseases have originated from western animal farming?

Shithole?

Too difficult for me to grasp despite you completely avoiding a simple question?

I've said twice and I will say it a 3rd time so you can understand, I am for the improvement of food regulations, I think it's extremely important. They are not anywhere near good enough in China, they are not good enough in many places in the world, including America.

Invisible Fan and jacoby like this.
  6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Listen insect
    You know you wouldn’t find dogs and cats slaughtered at Kroger

you speak like you are some righteous vegan but I doubt you wouldn’t salivate like dog if a piece of fried chicken is in front of you

I dare you to go to China now and eat all animals at the wet market

7. tinman

Supporting Member

He can go to China and have those dogs chopped up in front of him at the wet market so can have his golden retriever sashimi

I’m sticking to Whole Foods

8. tinman

Supporting Member

China has back to back MVPs
    Most Vicious Pandemic

And we’re all, presumed basketball fans here.

Which country has taken a dump on our sport?
    China

oh yeah Hong Kong forever

R0ckets03 likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

It’s ok to eat and slaughter dogs and cats in the street and cause pandemics

but face the fury of our nation if your nba general manager tweets support for Hong Kong

screw you China
    And screw you fake animal lover sellout Les Alexander for making China think the rockets play FOR China

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, this should be move to the D&D.

Jacoby's point is that he loves animals more to not eat animal flesh.

Some people choose animal compassion more over their own personal selfish tastes.

Accusing him of being a hyprocrite is your own projection, and your own failing.

I'm saying I love meat but recognize I'm selfish to eat it.

You can either pretend to be better or be better.

Thanks for the enlightening topic material, as usual. :rolleyes:

jacoby likes this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

I’ve been talking about dogs and cats the whole
    time

Congrats to Shenzhen who’s population can now can look at dogs and cats as friends

If Jacoby wants to look at cats and dogs as ingredients in casserole I won’t stop him

but he can’t find slaughtered dogs and cats at Kroger

he can take a trip to Wuhan China
    And go to the seafood market
    Cause they chop up mammals and reptiles there too

delicious

and he can wear an ugly Les Alexander era city jersey too as he smells the blood of dogs
    And pangolins and giant prawns

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I’m going to write this in
    Bold

jacoby can’t compare meat at Kroger to meat in Wuhan corona virus wet markets
    No live slaughtering of cats and dogs in the frozen seafood section

R0ckets03 likes this.
  13. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Need to snuff out eastern medicine fantasies. I think that's the reason uneducated people try to eat non-standard meat.

Now people eating dogs/cats, that might just be destitute people.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

There’s a lot of ignorance in this thread. As someone that has been to China on multiple occasions for work, the sanitization practices in some of the markets I was brought to “tour” was unbelievable. You don’t cut up a live animal (dog, cat, whatever) next to cut up pig or duck or chicken. Talk about a recipe for disaster.

There’s a significant lack of education, especially in rural China areas, where they don’t understand you don’t mix raw meat together. I’ve literally seen raw pig legs with raw duck and raw chicken and raw other meats all stacked on top of each other in 85 degree, humid, weather. There is nothing smart about that and it’s that kind of shlt that causes these crazy viruses.

Having said that, there are parts of Shanghai and Suzhou I’ve been where it’s damn near cleaner than places in the US. There’s a lot of westernized areas along the east coast of China but you don’t have to go very far west to see extreme poverty and disgusting living conditions with even nastier wet markets.

Roomba likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

Wuhan is a modern city, so my question is why is there so a filthy place hiding next to the seafood market?

16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Not all modern cities have clean/educated people. A vast majority of people in these modern cities migrated from the East for work. Then they travel home for Lunar New Year. It’s literally called the great annual human migration.

Migrant workers from the West bring their filthy way of living/unsanitary way of life with them to the cities where they aren’t educated on how to properly handle food. Mostly because their customers don’t know any better either because they also came from similar conditions. It’s a culture of myopia and they can thank their leaders for the lack of education and creatives per se.

Everything they have done to modernize is a copy of something the USA and Europe invented and sent to China for manufacturing. They reverse engineer it and call it their own. Nothing will change with the food handling ways until they learn to think intellectually. The problem with that is, when one does, they “disappear”.

tinman likes this.
  17. jacoby

jacoby Member

I live in New York City dude. There are hundreds of businesses that practice live slaughter of animals here. You pick the animal you want, it's taken out of the cage, brought to the back and slaughtered. Cats and dogs aren't the victims, so I'm guessing it's no big deal...or something.

The Kaporos ritual in Brooklyn (that I protest every year) has tens of thousands of chickens crammed in cages so tight that they cannot even move. The birds are crammed in the cages for days at a time before slaughter and a huge number of them die before they get their throats cut. This is done in the streets of Brooklyn, every year. Live birds with open cuts and infections, no feathers, stepping over other dead birds for days at a time. The smell will burn your sinuses for weeks and send people to hospitals. Residents in the street have to cover their noses or risk getting illnesses. Thousands of people in the city want these American wet markets shut down, but nothing is being done about it.

Wet markets are not exclusively a Chinese practice. I suggest you stop believing that America has adequate food safety and slaughterhouse regulations because that is far from the truth. We lag far behind certain European countries when it comes to standards for animal slaughter, and even they are way behind where we ought to be.

#97 jacoby, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes please show me the WET MARKET in New York City where I can get Bats, Cats, and Pangolins slaughtered.
    This has be accessible to anybody walking the streets.

Seafood and fish don't count .

take a picture. I want to see cats and dogs and bats and pangolins.

@R0ckets03

R0ckets03 likes this.
  19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

It's a fine balancing act because these wet markets are the major economic hub of these communities. Would be nice if they went agricultural and sold edibles that way...

20. tinman

Supporting Member

He also said there's wet markets in New York City just as bad as Wuhan

you guys really want me to post THAT VIDEO?

I don't think so

What's the worst market in Houston? Fiesta? Foodarama?

You want to see the wet markets video with the dogs being chopped and up live?

No thanks. Fiesta is centuries ahead of that
    @R0ckets03