1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Instead, this is what we were hearing from trump, his admin and campaign...

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Also what the PRC did in Wuhan we can't do here, or not without people taking up arms. The PRC redirected aid from all over the country to Wuhan overriding local concerns and essentially conscripted personnel This would be like if the Federal government here said "Alabama you don't have a lot of cases. We're taking medical personnel from Birmingham and sending them to NYC. For those doctors and nurses we're taking you have 20 minutes to pack and say goodbye to your families. You won't see them again until this is over" In Wuhan it wasn't a stay at home order. It was martial law. They were flying drones around and anyone out was taken into custody. They were going to door to door to take everyone's temperature and if you were symptomatic were 'encouraged' to go the hospital. Movement throughout the country was restricted with things like checkpoints. Thousands maybe millions were trapped where they were unable to get home.

I can't see the US taking steps like that or that being acceptable.

Nook and ElPigto like this.
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Hmm... sounds like the military when I had to go on missions... He did say this was a War...

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't blame Trump for the virus, I don't think he has done everything bad, and have given him credit now and then such as for signing and helping to get the Stimulus Bills passed. That said this is a basic problem with Trump and why even in the course of a national disaster he can't get close to what GW Bush got following 9/11. A president who also was known to mangle words. Trump's style is completely without empathy or even sympathy and with no gravitas. He's unable to focus on even simple things. That is why his speeches end up rambling into inanities like "I don't like mosquitoes!" or self-aggrandizement. When he reads from a teleprompter he looks like a teenage boy being forced to deliver a a book report about Oliver Twist in front of the class.

He's a carnival barker reality TV star and the sad part is a lot of people support him for it is because as a society we've gotten use to reality TV stars and celebrate The Real Housewives, Florabama Shores, The Bachelor, etc.. We mistake reality TV for reality and want to see colorful characters snipe at each other while branging about sexual conquest and wealth. That's entertainment that's not governance...

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Trump being Trump.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. NewRoxFan

7. NewRoxFan

Highlighted in this:

8. foh

foh Member

Dude is a mental basket case where his cabinet members seriously considered removing him under 25th amendment. He picks his surrogates based on their on camera performances (Juliani and all of the various TV personalities working in his administration) or nepotism (Jarwanka) instead of expertise.

When people say "wartime president" next to his name, I feel like we are all hiding from an A bomb under a school desk.

Happy quarantined weekend to y'all

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Giving Kushner a major role in pandemic response was an easy call, given the immense success he's had in resolving the debt, the opioid crisis and Middle East peace, etc....

Nook, Amiga, AleksandarN and 5 others like this.
  10. biina

biina Member

So now its a 'he cant help himself' excuse?

Its not a question of style. Trump simply lacks empathy for others. He thinks and acts with the self-aggrandized importance of a toddler.

Was it not the same idiot that went to the CDC, and when asked about how Hospital should prepare went on to ramble :
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...enters-disease-control-prevention-atlanta-ga/
    Q But how can hospitals be preparing if they don’t know how many people they’re going to have to deal with?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, we’re prepared for anything. We’re prepared. We are, really, very highly prepared for anything. And in a short period of time — I mean, what they’ve done is very incredible. And I’ve seen what they’ve done back there. It’s really incredible.

Q And just from a health perspective —

THE PRESIDENT: And, by the way, NIH, what they’ve done — I spent time over there — and I like this stuff.

You know, my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like a record number of years. He was a great super genius. Dr. John Trump.
    I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, “How do you know so much about this?” Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for President.

But you know what? What they’ve done is very incredible. I understand that whole world. I love that world. I really do. I love that world. And they should be given tremendous credit. And the whole world is relying on us.

People can try to explain this **** away however they want, but that is not going to change the truth.

The truth is that, for every needless death that happens during this pandemic cos Trump dropped the ball, all that blood is on the hands of all those that helped Trump get in, and stay in, office by not voting for any of the other better alternatives that contested. Even Jill Stein would have likely been better than this self serving idiot.

RayRay10, Blatz and NewRoxFan like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

12. NewRoxFan

13. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

WTF his dumbness truly knows no bounds...

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. NewRoxFan

I guess trump was well-prepared for any question re: the fired IG during his, let me check, Coronavirus briefing...

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

trump going off again... back to Governors not being appreciative of HIM again...

Finally someone asks...

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

This must explain why trump thinks the Governor isn't appreciative enough of him?

Still don't think we are entering 25th Amendment time?

RayRay10 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. NewRoxFan

OMG... he is now citing the federalist... what next, infowars?

TheFreak and SamFisher like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That's super fair. He's gotten some very important things done fast once **** got real.

But he buried himself and everyone else by not acting soon enough. He continuously ignored the threat until it was too late.

We all already know this. I didn't so much intend to reply directly to your post, but more so piggyback off of it. The reason I chose to reply is because you mentioned the Bush admin and how they handled messaging during their crisis better. Fortunately for them, they had a villain. Trump has repeatedly tried to manufacture a villain but has failed.

Anyways, that Bush admin used 9/11 as an excuse to do some unprecedented levels of (probably illegal) data collection to help prevent similar attacks from occurring.

Meanwhile, the Trump admin has the data AND the case studies staring them right in the ****ing face for
    months. And look at where we are at now... making facemasks out of j*zz socks.

RayRay10 and SamFisher like this.
  20. foh

foh Member

He actually told media to do scientific investigation into countries with malaria not having as many Covid cases.
    Governors and media, please do my job for me while I'll take all the credit and call you out on all of your mistakes.

Same thing told to cpt Croiger and to the IG he fired. Don't you all know that it's y'all's job to make me look nice? No? You're fired. (Or fake if I can't fire ya).

Trustfund baby logic

RayRay10 and NewRoxFan like this.