1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just on CNBC: Tilman might be forced to sell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Apr 2, 2020.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Brace yourself, my friend. It's coming.

Morey will be gone soon enough, and no capable GM will want to work for Tilman going forward.

2. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Unfortunately Karen and other people like her have been given a false sense of security over the danger of this epidemic from AM radio, Fox News, members of Trump's administration and from Trump himself.

She probably might have exercised more caution if Trump had relayed to his supporters the seriousness of this epidemic back on January 19th, when both S. Korea and the United States had their first confirmed case of Covid-19 in their respected nations. One took a more pro-active approach, gave sobering information about the contagiousness of the virus, the consequences of not erring on the side of caution, and the other is doing damage control after months of downplaying the severity of the virus.

Read through that lady's Facebook posts. Where do you think she got the idea from that the virus wasn't dangerous?

Sobering truths will always be better than grandstanding lies. If I was stage IV with a cancer diagnosis, I wouldn't want my doctor to blow smoke up my ass and tell me everything is fine upon discovering news like that. Our administration doesn't do that though. It's just a constant deflection of blame. I mean, I get you're joking and all, but you're still using 2016 Hillary memes to downplay a crisis in 2020. I don't wish death on anyone personally, but it's clear which portion of Americans are getting fed disinformation and it's now going to cost more lives because of it. But sure, Hillary did it. You degenerate.

#182 London'sBurning, Apr 4, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Newlin, Hakeemtheking and Little Bit like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

1st option isn’t even realistic as a whole to begin with

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Don't worry, Bill O'Brien can GM the Rockets too in his spare time.

lw17 and J Sizzle like this.
  5. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

It certainly was realistic. We botched the testing because we did not accept the WHO's testing kits. Instead, we wanted to make our own, and that test was a failure that put us weeks behind. Meanwhile, South Korea took the WHO's testing kits which were proven to work, and tested 10,000 people a day early on and isolated the infected individuals. The U.S. did not start actively testing until about a week or two ago. Hell, most parts of the country you still can't get tested unless you meet this ridiculous criteria.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not really. This isn’t the sample size of some small school. You’re not mass testing and isolating everyone across the country. That’s just a fantasy.

It’s funny seeing people sitting on their couch thinking they have the simple solutions that no one else thought of.

7. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

The greatest country on earth can't do what South Korea did? Just admit you have no clue what you're talking about. Facts are facts, we botched this.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cool. I didn’t know you could just mass test and isolate over 300 million people coming from someone sitting on their couch. The million dollar solution was thought of. Just stop. I know school is a bit on pause right now but don’t kid yourself

9. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Nobody said 300 million people would be isolated. You isolate those who are infected. Somehow South Korea can do it but not the mighty USA. Let me ask you this. Has Trump done a good job with the virus?

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Duh that’s the point. Bc it isnt possible. So what about all the asymptomatics. Did you figure that part out? Where are you putting all these people that are considered sick at one time? Since it’s so black and white to you

11. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

So South Korea doesn't have asymptomatic cases? Why is it that they can do mass testing and we can't? I noticed you didn't answer the question, so I'll ask again. Has Trump done a good job with the virus?

lw17 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Who cares. This would be bad with or without him there. This isn’t even about him. It’s about your laughable black and white solution. Let me guess if you were in that position things would be all good. Foh with this.

now answer my questions since you seem to have the simple solutions

13. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

And there it is, "who cares". The problem with Trump supporters is that you can't help them see facts. I could tell you 2 + 2 = 4 and you will tell me fake news. If I were in position I wouldn't have called it a hoax and pretended that this was just a flu. I also would have accepted the WHO's testing kits that you know, WORKED. But I guess you don't understand any of that.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol you have no idea who I support. This post is just dumb af and went away from the actual topic. Quit kidding yourself into some problem solver. You’d make it much worse by far. Stay on that couch of yours

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Democrats --- HELL NO!!
    Republicans - HELL YEA!!

Rinse/Wash/Repeat... both literally & figuratively. o_O

Back to thread:
    Am I the only one who thinks he would first sell off other assets before he throws in the towel on the Rockets??
    I think his pride won't allow him to sell the Rockets, especially him being a local boy from Galveston.

lw17 likes this.
  16. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

Lol. You are literally too dumb to insult. You know nothing about the issues and it shows. It's like I'm trying to teach you basic Algebra and you only know how to add and subtract. Welcome to my ignore list.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Says the one who lists 2 options. Oh and that 2+2=4 being fake news. Just plain dumb. I’d rather not be on your radar anyway since you’re a nobody. Do me the favor

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do something Don! Take it serious Don! We KnEw AbOuT tHiS bAcK iN jAnUaRy DoN!
    Don has said some dumb **** himself (Democrat's hoax, 15 cases...we'll be down to zero in a few days, just treat it like the flu...)

Cuomo, Levine, Oxiris, Deblasio ... "funny" NYC is the hot spot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

slothy420 likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member