1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Resolved: it is possible to support Donald Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Apr 1, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the Trump era the idea of leadership has been turned on it's head. The argument with Trump often seems like that we shouldn't be critical of him and instead we should look to flatter and encourage him, basically give him "Atta Boy!" so he will be more inclined to do his job well and help more people. In other words it's up to us who are his constituents to lead him.

2. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I didn't say that she was rooting for America to fail. I'm saying that she is instigating by preemptively calling people Islamophobes instead of just explaining the meaning of that phrase to her.

I know Trump has lowered the bar in which our civil servants engage with their constituents, but I hold politicians, especially Democratic ones that more closely represent my interests, to a higher standard. And part of that is not starting a tit for tat when there is an opportunity to educate instead.

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What exactly does Trump do? I mean, what's his value?

Seems to me all he does it tweet and talk once a day on camera but doesn't actually do anything other than put his foot in his mouth and follow bad advice

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Shirley that's the press's fault, cutie pie.

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think they deserve being called that if their first assumption is that she wants America to fail because of an Arabic looking phrase. So no I just don't see your argument being valid.

I don't believe Muslim Americans deserve walking on eggshells.

#65 fchowd0311, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  6. Buck Turgidson

How do you say "oh bless your heart" in Arabic?

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

She sent the Islamophobe tweet the same minute she sent the original one. Didn't even wait for a reply.

I agree that it's wrong to assume that Omar wishes ill on Americans. **** the people that think so, just because she is proud of her religion. My point is that as one of the few political leaders in our country that practices Islam, she has a large impact on the way that Americans talk about the religion. I don't like our leaders being antagonistic when there's an opportunity to teach others. That's all.

Google translate tells me its "yubarik qalbik", though I do think some of the the meaning gets lost in translation :p

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There is nothing to teach here. People have Google. A simple search for a 4 syllable word they can copy and paste is all it takes which tells me no amount of cordial explaining would convince these people. They just want to hate.

There is nothing to teach here. These people that assume she's a terrorist because of an Arabic word are not going to give two ***** about her cordial explanation.

#68 fchowd0311, Apr 3, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  9. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

those people who default to thinking she's a terrorist you won't win over, I agree. That's why I said **** em. But there are a meaningful amount of Americans who don't know a Muslim or their culture much, but are "coachable". Painting them all as Islamophobes plays into the playbook of Fox and all these right wing media outlets who are just trying to divide us.

RayRay10 and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

completely agree.

fchowd0311 and joshuaao like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

NO....

I cannot pull OR support this Man...

He is a disgrace of a human being... He is the son of Satan...

This man is basically sentencing people to their death...

NO he did not start the virus and he's not doing a DAMN thang to help fight it....

T_Man

Blatz, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dude. Trump play it up when there isn't good evidence. He jumped the gun and cause a flurry of fake prescriptions that did real damage. The reaction is to that - to caution jumping ahead. That's not a spin, that's reality. People loyal to trump sense that as an attack. It's a much needed reality check.

The situation is still... we don't know. It's an emergency use for an emergency situation. That's all you should say and nothing more. Hope for it being a treatment but don't play it up fake hope.

Here is a recent small clinical study that said... no evidence to support benefit and more clinical trails needed.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858?via=ihub

In summary, despite a reported antiviral activity of chloroquine against COVID-19 in vitro, we found no evidence of a strong antiviral activity or clinical benefit of the combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin for the treatment of our hospitalized patients with severe COVID-19. Ongoing randomized clinical trials with hydroxychloroquine should provide a definitive answer regarding the alleged efficacy of this combination and will assess its safety.

FranchiseBlade and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump has been a disaster and anyone still defending him is a moron.

DD

Rashmon likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

People support Trump for the very same reason people in China support the CCP or people in Russia support Putin.

It's just a blind allegiance where the party is all. 1984. In fact if you read the book, Trump perfectly aligns with the values of Big Brother.

Extreme Nationalism
    Unquestioned loyalty to the Republican Party
    Built upon alternative facts and endless scapegoating and attacking of their enemies

RayRay10 likes this.