1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just on CNBC: Tilman might be forced to sell

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TilmanFinancialWindfall, Apr 2, 2020.

1. danielsh126

danielsh126 Member

historically low unemployment for African Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans. Tied for record low unemployment for Women as well. Highest # of people employed in our nation's history. Low gas prices due to policies encouraging America to be energy independent (I know they are lower now due to the virus but they were relatively low before the crisis too). Wages were finally starting to grow. Consumer economic optimism was at an all time high. Do you need more economic successes? Take your blindfolds off. If you want to criticize his tweets, occasional disrespectfulness to people, maybe some of his social policies FINE. But you can't argue with his economic successes and they are why he is going to be reelected again in the fall if we come out of this crisis by then......

lw17 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

I know people voted lesser of 2 evils back in 2016 and take the heat for being called racist for being trump supporters. But this guy is gonna go down as probably the worst president in American history. Absolutely no self awareness, only cares about money, and that ain’t even working out for him. When he leaves office we will be in the worst depression since the 1930s

Jayzers_100, Bearded13, MONON and 3 others like this.
  3. HROZ

HROZ Member

Lol
    I meant actual policies. Not gliding along on Obama policies? And just cutting taxes and regulations to super charge the economy.

I mean I said those specific changes tend to lead to short term growth and long term pain? Which is what Trump did.

majicdonjuan and vick like this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

BHAHAHAHAH.... I understand what you are saying. they also took the opportunity to lock several million people down because they have that power. Doing things like delivering food to peoples door etc. So yes they are probably fudging the numbers but those measures work. On the other side of the coin being the US. We haven't tested the populace as much in ratio (I believe I saw the US was 19th) so our cases are probably largely under reported also.

You go be free now.

5. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What exactly are you talking about? He "let them die"? Exactly what do you think he is doing or not doing that you could improve upon? You say "let them die" and millions lose their jobs. Do you listen to what you say? Do you think presidents are gods? If people can't go to work the places that hire them won't be able to afford to keep them. If they do go to work they spread the virus. What you are basically saying is that he should have gotten into the lab himself, sequenced the virus, found a cure, mass distributed it, and called it a day.

Then you have to add onto the fact that the president isn't just like all out king, the governors of each state hold just as much responsibility as the president does for their state. A governor can completely ruin everything for their state if they suck.

I would just like some examples of what he did or didn't do that you think was terrible and some examples of how you personally would have fixed it and of course doing it under the bureaucracy of the government and its limitations. I am just curious, as I said I am ill informed. I feel like you know something we don't that you need to let the world know.

lw17 and Slim like this.
  6. PhiSlammaJamma

His idea to buy Bethesda Studios is the smartest idea he has had in years.

7. Buck Turgidson

I'm not sure you really want the answer to your question, but I'll help you out anyway, since you asked:

Yet another data point in the “Nobody knew there would be a pandemic or epidemic of this proportion” Files:

Despite President Trump’s repeated assertions that the Covid-19 epidemic was “unforeseen” and “came out of nowhere,” the Pentagon was well aware of not just the threat of a novel influenza, but even anticipated the consequent scarcity of ventilators, face masks, and hospital beds, according to a 2017 Pentagon plan obtained by The Nation.

“The most likely and significant threat is a novel respiratory disease, particularly a novel influenza disease,” the military plan states. Covid-19 is a respiratory disease caused by the novel (meaning new to humans) coronavirus. The document specifically references coronavirus on several occasions, in one instant saying, “Coronavirus infections [are] common around the world.”

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/covid-military-shortage-pandemic/

eta: So, in the 3 1/2 years Trump was President before the pandemic, we know that his Administration

- Ignored the pandemic preparedness and response plan handed over to him by the previous Administration

- Disbanded the NSC bureau that was specifically tasked with dealing with a pandemic

- Cancelled the maintenance contract for the federal emergency stockpile of ventilators

- Ignored an internal Administration report in ****ing October about our unpreparedness to handle exactly this scenerio

- Ignored specific warnings from the Pentagon about exactly this scenario

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/trumps-coronavirus-response.304358/page-79#post-12921972

Little Bit, mikol13, MONON and 4 others like this.
  8. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

lol my friend in japan literally just posted today how frustrated they are that in Tokyo they haven't yet declared a national emergency and the rate is set to increase exponentially.

lw17 likes this.
  9. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

There you go, admitting that your side of the aisle votes for whoever the better salesman is. I personally will vote on who has a better grasp on strengthening the economy and not entering into crappy deals with countries that are developing nuclear weapons while arming the hezbollah, a group responsible for thousands of American deaths.

slothy420 and vick like this.
  10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

i agree! Also, dems were saying that the China ban was xenophobic when he first discussed it. They can't have it both ways.

lw17 and danielsh126 like this.
  11. HROZ

HROZ Member

No the Democrats didn't. Or more specifically Biden didn't.

Biden called Trump a xenophobe multiple times but has never called the Travel ban xenophobic.

Trump has tried to rewrite History & make it sound like Biden was calling him a xenophobe because of the travel ban. But people been calling Trump a xenophobe atleast since he supported the nazi march in North Carolina. And many would argue since he continually asked for Obama's birth certificate despite Obama having already provided a birth certificate previously to the public.

vick likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I give you your own leader's words

MONON and vick like this.
  13. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Except...not. You literally could list a mindblowing amount of stuff, starting with grabbing p*****s to rape to the "good people" nazis, to russia collusion, not distancing his personal companies from the president's office, impeachment, and his nepotism.

You are a blinded moron to state nothing would blemish him.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I watched the CNBC interview and although they didnt name Tilman it was obvious they were talking about franchise owners like him..

15. SamFisher

This was a stupid argument to make even four years ago, but now according to your criteria, you get the guy who is responsible for the greatest economic meltdown in the history of the world and who got repeatedly owned in nuclear deals by puny-ass North Korea ("Love at first sight!) and is now responsible for a nuclear armed Iran, and letting every other shitbird dictator in the world take a dump on us and murder our citizens and soldiers (Putin, MBS, Erdogan, etc)

Good choice, please link me to your Yelp! account so we can all partake of your future acumen.

mikol13, MONON, Patience and 2 others like this.
  16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Simple. It’s perspective. If one is for Trump then that one is for Trump. If one is against Trump then that one is against Trump. Most can offer little reasoning beyond blind feelings.

There are some who actually hold certain beliefs to support our positions yet we appear to be in the minority v polarized folks.

lw17 and majicdonjuan like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How many are like him

18. SamFisher

THis is so lame.

If you see a candy bar sitting next to a pile of dogpoop on the sidewalk (presumig you're allowed outside your house these days ) do you say "look at the polarization" between those two items? Or do you, say, man that one thing is really to be avoided? If you have to go into a bothsidesism type analysis of that, you're doing it wrong.

Blatz likes this.
  19. HROZ

HROZ Member

While I am annoyed about Tilmans cheapness. Re NBA.
    The Service industry / Travel were always going to be the two hardest hit.

I do feel a little sorry for him. He has probably over leveraged himself. And did not see this happening.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Lame it up any way you choose. Lines are drawn and yet I won’t publicly go beyond that.

Is there room for discussion on either side of the great divide?

Support whomever you choose just don’t do it in the GARM. Let’s. Just. Hoop.

MONON and Scarface like this.