1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Senator

Senator Member

Things are more divisive than ever and it hurts everyone. Not just one side.

But no, America does not have secret agents running around China who know everything that is going on - I will tell you that for a fact. Nor do they believe a word out of them.

With politicians, you have to understand they're puppets. Trump's initial mistake was taking away funding for measures for potential pandemics, but the people who voted him in truly prioritized the economy and their pay tomorrow over real issues. We have to realize a successful democracy is more about our needs and wants and make sacrifices regarding the idea of unlimited growth if we truly want to be healthy. Take away all the touchy issues like immigration, abortion, etc. and you'll still see the vast majority of Americans prioritize money at all costs, and it's evidenced by the policies they vote for. They ignore the scientists, doctors and economists (leading up to 08 crash) who point out potential problems and issues based on very real facts, and only respond AFTER the crisis because their wallets are affected. There's an illusion that reality does not affect new, prosperous countries.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He's not trying to save us in their view.

Nook likes this.
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hook em. Between that group, KD, no plastic bags, and the crappy Big 12, things are BAD in ATX. :cool:

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

You guys should try googling "The Cabo 44". Buncha dummies.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

we had a women yesterday in her 7th month with early contractions and acute resp symptoms,the infant has hypoxic brain damage and sent to another center and it didn't peak here yet

6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

From the time I posted this at 9:00 pm yesterday, there were 4,777 deaths. Right now at 3:00 pm the next day there are 5,768. Thats almost 1,000 deaths in less than 24 hours.

daywalker02, No Worries and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm cool with @Reeko "hate speech" lulz. You should report him though when you're done crying. Good luck with that. Lulz.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I tell yall what sucks. Well, let me start by saying this, I think the way we failed to get ahead of this thing is a tragedy. We had the data to support that we needed a lot more supplies... epic fail there.

But.

Any President in an election year is basically going to let the outbreak rip a bit before going into quarantine mode.

Imagine if we shut travel down, shut down the economy, and prevented this disease from ever spreading here. Citizens here as a whole only see things at face value. They won't see it as a win if death isn't staring them in the face. They'd come for the President's head due to the economy shutting down for "no reason".

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Any President in term 1 is going to be operating in re-election mode.

That's one of the endless reasons why you cant trust the government. We've got to wear big boy pants and make the big decisions for ourselves.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Got fever 37.5-38.5 C that doesn't fall for 24 hours,chills and throat soreness..but I dont think its covid19. There are other bugs out there right. Almost no coughing too.
    Last time I went out was on Monday so pretty ridiculous if I got infected like that.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Exercising their second amendment rights? Imagine the owned libtard's tears that will flow?

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Obama? I find that unlikely.

Nook likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I hope you feel better soon! Did you take anything for fever yet?

Gdaliya, Mazulis and malakas like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Hope you get well soon.

14. malakas

malakas Member

No, after having all these doctors slamming antipyretics I didn't. Horrible day today, having to go through hours and hours of high fever.
    Let's see if I will get better sooner now.
    I am pretty sure it's not covid19 because I also got stomach pain. Just because a virus is out there it doesn't mean all kind of microbes aren't ready to pounce, right.

Yung-T, Houstunna, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not saying it is, either, but be careful :

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-diarrhea-symptoms.html

Yung-T, Nook, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  16. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Be strong , stay positive, we all ,got to see the end of this virus togerher.

Yung-T, B-Bob, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  17. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

Where was this? In texas?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My opinion, yeah, even Obama. But I'm a pessimist.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Arrival.

Their interpreter must be good.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doesn't help that his name sounds Italian.

He is the hero the country needs but does not deserve.