1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-season 2020

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I don’t care if it’s O’Brien or not...I enjoy the different perspective then what everybody else is saying.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

oh please. nobody has to account for a player that isn't even on the field. he spends more time on the sidelines or in the training room. And he doesn't have DHop getting all the attention anymore on the rare occasion he does play a few snaps.

oh boy watch out the texans have Cobb though. lmfao. Will "OUT" Fuller

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

this tweet does highlight what an incredible potential receiving duo we had. I know Fuller is hurt a lot but you can’t help but be a fan when he IS on the field .

of course we will try to feature him heavily . He is miles better than Cobb when healthy . The issue is Cobb is a huge downgrade from Hopkins haha .

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

fuller is the typical boom or bust receiver when hes on the field. people just see the type of games against atl/indy this year and just attribute that to the every year potential we hear about over and over. but then don't typically factor in the constant duds that come in between and the constant sideline out appearances. those very heavily outweigh the once in awhile boom's that happen maybe twice a year at most

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed . He’s not the caliber of player that can contribute in all situations . His best games happen when the O-line gives enough protection for a deep route to work or defenses play him a certain way .

Hopkins was a receiver that could be a target from the snap . Fuller you can maybe get clever with reverses every once in a while or screens , but defenses can shut down a player like fuller more easily than Hopkins . Plain and simple fuller isn’t as versatile, he’s also not as dependable health wise.

he could improve ... but that’s 50/50 or less at this point IMO .

If the pieces are in place around him fuller is a devastating threat , if he’s healthy . so yeah boom or bust . But a pretty nice boom

7. raining threes

The issue is Cobb better than Stills/Coutee/Carter in the slot.

The answer to this is definitely.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

If this signing happened it would be huge for the Texans secondary depth. If they could get Logan Ryan and Eric Reid. They would be complete in the secondary.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Or Dre Kirkpatrick

Cstyle42 likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Our own version of the McCourty brothers, I'm intrigued. If Eric is focused on football this would be a nice get, not sure where that puts Murray but I've never seen that dude play in my life so I don't care about him yet lol

Cstyle42, King1 and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Marteen

Marteen Member

Bill O'Brien very positive about him aka:
    [​IMG]

12. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Well there’s this...

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2020/04/02/nflpa-eric-reid-cba-allegations-completely-false

The Reid Bros. patrolling the back end of the field would be pretty nice on top of bringing back Roby, Hargreaves, Conley and Lonnie Johnson at CB. But expecting BoB to be patting himself on the back for giving Murray $18M.

Rudyc281 and Fantasma Negro like this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. Fantasma Negro

Q: What is it going to take to run Bill O’Brien out of town? — Ralph R.

A: I don’t think O’Brien will be fired unless they have back-to-back losing records. And I don’t think that’ll happen as long as Watson stays healthy.

[​IMG]

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Texans chairman and CEO Cal McNair on town hall with season ticket holders: 'We've been home sheltering in place. It's going to be an exciting year for the Texans, even though things are different.'

Cal McNair on dealing with the circumstances: 'We spend a lot of time on conference calls. The scouts are working, Skypeing and Zooming. They're having virtual meetings, studying film and studying players, doing interviews with players using technology. They'll be ready for draft

Cal McNair: 'Our team is getting better through free agency. You can't look at one move. You have to look at all of them together'

Cal McNair on the leadership of the team: 'I think they're doing a great job.'

Cal McNair: 'I would think as a fan I would be really excited that your leadership can make bold moves and can go make moves that make the team better.'

Cal McNair: 'Shout out to your fans, be well, we can't wait to see you.'

Jack Easterby on adapting to this offseason during the coronavirus pandemic: 'The entire organization has been unified during this time. It's been fun, but it's been busy, lot of moving pieces as you might imagine.'

Bill O'Brien now on town hall: 'It's definitely a different time. The first thing I would like to say in this league it all starts with ownership. The McNairs have been out in front of this since Day One. Cal McNair has done a great job of leading us.'

Bill O'Brien: "Are their challenges? There are definitely challenges.' Said he and Jack Easterby meet and talk regularly while maintaining social distancing. 'We're excited about where we're at and where we're headed.'

Bill O'Brien: 'We're excited about where we're at and where we're going. It's hard because there's a lot of noise out there, but there's a lot of things that make us excited about our organization.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Any decision that's made is made with the team in mind. Capital T Capital E Capital A. Capital M in mind.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Decisions are made. We've come to again on a lot of different fronts whether signing back a lot of our own free agents, whether Bradley Roby or Ka'imi Fairbairn or Dylan Cole, I think we've done a great job.'

Bill O'Brien: 'We would have loved to keep D.J. Reader.'

Bill O'Brien: 'It was in the best interest of our team. DeAndre Hopkins was a great football player. We loved DeAndre Hopkins He had three years left on his deal and he wanted a raise. David Johnson is going to be a great addition to our football team.'

Bill O'Brien: 'Every decision we make will always be mad in the best interest of the team.'

Bill O'Brien on Randall Cobb: 'Excellent pro.'

Bill O'Brien: "We're not trying to win March. We're trying to win January. It's April. It's not November. We're trying to set up our team depth-wise talent-wise to win in January.'

Jack Easterby: 'We have stayed engaged in all our process. Every subprogram has done a great job. There's a lot of Zoom meetings. We're staying connected and trying to do due diligence from a distance'

Jack Easterby on the Texans: 'Great decisions and great results will come with great people and great process. We're going to make great decisions on behalf of the team and the McNair family.'

Bill O'Brien on the offseason conditioning program: 'It hasn't been canceled yet, but I think it will be.'

Bill O'Brien said center Nick Martin took weight room equipment home in his truck to train at home.

Bill O'Brien to fans on town hall: 'We're very excited with where we are right now. I've always tried to be very upfront and honest in all my dealings. We thank the season-ticket holders. In the history of any organization, there's always been some noise'

Bill O'Brien: 'We're doing everything possible to put together a great football team. We need our season ticket holders and really excited about the upcoming season.'

Jack Easterby praises Deshaun Watson, Laremy Tunsil, J.J. Watt, Justin Reid for their work in the community. 'Sports has a way of unifying people'

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Blah blah blah (pr, pr, pr) blah blah (pr) blah...........

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

so the deal didn't fall through?

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Certainly more people like this now and the texans are going to need as many people to cancel as possible

[​IMG]

red5rocket and Jwise44 like this.