1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chinese incompetency has completed ruined the year of sports, and possibly humanity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Senator, Mar 12, 2020.

1. IBTL

IBTL Member

Wouldnt you be mad if your neighbor didnt warn you of something?
    I don't understand the shame of saying 'hey this stuff is nasty'? Can you explain that part?

Thats incompetence and china can be fairly called out for that. Hopefully in a way where if another or even this one comes out it can be identified right away.

China knew and it was like trying to hide a stinky fart in a small roo... More than anything it was mostly asleep at the wheel incompetence that we are seeing just as much here in usa.

I do think if it happened here and was this contagious we would notify..

How contagious was the bp spill in gulf? How bad is anything when it starts? Its more lazy lackadaisical incompetence vs malice and intent.

Chinese eat bat, are incompetent slow movers like anyone else and they should have been better neighbors and told us how contagious. Apart from that they feel salty too i bet. Doesnt change that they were slow. But not much else to say.

They feel bad except for fiend here who is obviously a weirdo that loves shi*tted on bat

2. IBTL

IBTL Member

*sorry fiend i meant wnba

3. IBTL

IBTL Member

Whats your point weirdo?
    China looks bad and you look like a weirdo coming on here.

your values towards humanity are in the gutter you eat from you dirty dog eater. Put the paw down and collect yourself. This is what flaming out in real time looks like.

Say a prayer for the tomb of the unknown chinaman we know you dont care about your fellow people to even acknowledge their life.

That is sadder than any tragedy ever written. Cold hearted... you be you wnba i hope your bat soup tastes good while you wonder whatever happened to grandma *wink wink*
    YOU DOWN WITH CCP YA YOU KNOW ME
    GTFO

4. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

@IBTL

You touched on a few things:

1. The bat eating part - it's as much of an urban legend to me as it is to you. I don't personally know anyone who does, but China is vast and I cannot judge whether it's subculture with it's own developed ecosystem. If that was the cause I hope it got banned.

2. The cover-up part: professional Chinese bureaucrats who were initially afraid to blow up his career and chose to cover-up, praying it would turn out to be nothing. They took a bad gamble and they lost. They should be grilled for that and I believe they are at the moment.

3. The warning part, WHO has given the highest level of alert on Feb 28. Trump took his time - more than 2 weeks - for denial and resistance, until everything got too late.

As we speak there's report that Fauci has received death threat, because someone believes the whole COVID-19 situation is a deep state hoax against Trump. https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...given-security-detail-after-receiving-threats
    You just cannot convince a conspiracy theorist with facts really....

4. US/China diplomatic rhetoric during Trump presidency has been the worst that I could remember of. Read the twitter of Pompeo and you know what I mean. Can one hope to have conductive diplomacy with that sort of personality in charge? That's part of the price Americans are paying for the MAGA package and apparently enough of you think it was worth it.

5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

6. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

it took a while for the authorities to realize who bad it is.
    Those authorities have personally attended Chinese New Year festivities up to Jan. 21, apparently not realizing the danger.

Once they did, they issued the lockdown order on Jan 23

7. IBTL

IBTL Member

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
    I know you wont watch it but this video shows many examples in north and south of dog eating. Apparently there is some kind of dog eating festival im sure @WNBA can tell you all about. Its not just rural..dog shows up in shanghai and beijing:

So they will prosecute those that tried to cover up? In many ways this is their only way to save face.
    Maybe even execute the guy like they will do to the khasshoggi goons. Oppressive government style street justice.

Also Feb 28 was way too late. China knew how contagious it was in december and inexcusable to not be more neighborly to let world know. They owed it to the world.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I don’t think I could ever watch one of those “china dog videos”. I’ve seen a lot, but stuff like that would leave me extremely disturbed. I’m passing things off as cultural norms is not “ok” and should not get accepted when it’s unimaginable animal cruelty and conditions that also end up putting the rest of the world at risk. China is to blame for this ****, and they are still covering this up as we speak. There’s no way this was “3k deaths”.

we saw how they operate when it came to the Morey tweet. Hopefully their own citizens decide to wake up instead of parroting what we’re seeing from WNBA

9. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

@IBTL

I am aware of people eating dogs. I am not sure if this should be banned, or regulated / industrialized for the ones who do have such a crave, as I have not owned a pet in my life. Bat-eating sounds like hard to regulate even if there's a sizable market for it. Better ban it altogether if you ask me.

I am also not sure how loud China should have shouted for warning. The first thing on their minds was to keep its own people alive and healthy.
    Some countries such as Singapore took the cue right away. More liberal western societies almost all failed to a certain degree in comparison.

IBTL likes this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Outrageous.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Posting this here as well because I'm tired of the ignorance.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing.

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea China is responsible—but because they created the conditions for this to spread, the lab thing was proven false. Nature (one of if not the highest impact/ most credible journal in the world) analyzed the backbone of the virus and has proven it was not made in a lab. That guy should spend less time playing internet detective and more time with the facts. The CCp is clearly lying about the death toll and numbers, they def can’t be trusted though

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I can tell you didn't watch the video or listen. This guy clearly stated it was not created in a lab or bio terrorism in any way shape or form. In fact he traced the scientist to southern China, working on bats, back up to Wuhan. He clearly stated, supported by evidence, that it was an accident, where infected bat blood or fluid was accidentally released onto this scientist and maybe even some of her colleagues. From that accident virus spread.

His point is it was likely a preventable accident but more importantly a preventable pandemic but the CCP failed. They failed the themselves and the world.

15. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

and on 1/20, a week later, China confirmed human to human transmission

#575 Amiga, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  16. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

Here is a timeline ... I included some US actions.

12/1/19 – 1st known case in Wuhan

12/26/19 – unknown cluster of pneumonia was treated by Dr Jixian (Wuhan)

12/27/19 – reported to Wuhan CDC

12/30/19 – group of Dr at Wuham central hospital alerted colleagues of SARS-like coronavirus; they were admonished by police for spreading false rumors

12/31/19 – Wuhan health commission released public notice and informed WHO

1/10/20 – WHO issued travel advisory (while noting that mode of transmission of virus was unclear)

1/12/20 – China release genome sequencing to public

1/12/20 – Based on Chinese NHC, WHO stated “at this stage, there is no infection among healthcare workers, and no clear evidence of human to human transmission”

1/13/20 – fist case outside of China (Thailand) – traveler from Wuhan

1/20/20 – Chinese NHC confirmed human-to-human transmission has already occurred (since mid-Dec 2015, doubling in size every 7.4 days, R0 estimate at 2.2)

1/23/20 – Wuhan quarantine – stopping all travel in/out of Wuhan

1/24/20 – WHO recommend entry/exit screening for travel (while advise against travel restrictions)

1/27/20 – WHO raise risk of C19 to “high at global level”

1/28/20 – US CDC announced they had developed their own testing kit

1/30/20 – first human to human transmission confirmed OUTSIDE of China

1/30/20 – WHO estimate 20% of cases in China are severe (need hospitalization) based on China early data on KNOWN cases

1/30/20 – WHO declared “public health emergency” warning “all countries should be prepared for containment, including active surveillance, early detection, isolation and case management, contact tracing and prevention”

1/31/20 – US declared public health emergency, placed restriction on entry from China

2/22/20 – Italy quarantine – 50k in northern Italy

2/24/20 – WHO warn of a global pandemic, increase risk to “very high”

2/29/20 – 1st death in US, WA declared state of emergency

3/6/20 – US 8.3B emergency fund signed

3/11/20 – WHO declared pandemic

3/11/20 – US restricts travel from most of EU (not UK) for 30 days

3/13/20 - US declared national emergency

3/27/20 – US 2T stimulus bill signed

17. IBTL

IBTL Member

lovely

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Include pre december... China knew about this before.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member