1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Resolved: it is possible to support Donald Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wholly support Trump's recent 180 on COVID-19. He messed up bigly by downplaying it for as long as he did and Americans died because of that, but we have to deal with the virus as it is today and as long as this virus spreads we need to work together toward relieving the hurt felt by society from every direction. Trump should be punished at the ballot box, but for now he needs to work with the governors to ensure there is a cohesive policy toward stemming the destruction from this virus. The daily briefings cannot be rallies for his campaign, and he cannot be vindictive or quid pro quo the states and their governors.

Even though he has shown he is not fit to lead right now in a time of crisis, we are stuck with him and his success is contingent on his support of the states.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think the most important thing to take away from this is that his COVID press briefings are getting higher ratings than the Bachelor and Monday Night Football. Thank goodness. I was worried there for a moment.

CometsWin likes this.
  3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No one expects him to be perfect. At a minimum, it would be cool if he'd quit tweeting, quit lying, and quit talking about inane bulls*** like the ratings of the press conferences.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I thought the criticism of him setting Easter as a goal to return to normal was stupid.

Him doing that was just taking a shot in the dark that this would be over. If it happened it would look great. However if we aren't clear of this by Easter its not like he is gonna force the country to open back up

basso likes this.
  5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Trumps stupid Easter goal sows confusion, churn and disarray, exactly the opposite of is demanded of leadership in times of crisis. It makes him look stupid (he is), mercurial (he is), immoral (he is), oblivious to science (he is), unwilling to listen to experts (he is)... a crap ton of characteristics that erode trust in the freaking POTUS. He then compounds it with his self congratulatory press briefings in which he spins, denies and refuses to be accountable for his stupidity.

Stop lowering the bar for this idiot. A POTUS does not “take a shot in the dark” under normal circumstances, and sure as **** isn’t supposed to do that during a crisis when exactly zero experts supported his plan.

Trump deserves to be buried for stupidity. Any POTUS who does or says the idiotic things he does and says should be.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Polling suggests the public is pulling for trump to do a good job, then boot him in nov. I think that’s fairly accurate.

200k is a goal (for the next 3 months), 5x the typical flu season... and our economy and our debt smh. We royally fkd up

7. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

I am amazed that anyone believes Trump actually cares about the well being of this country, or that he spends any time thinking about anything other than augmenting his re election chances.

The new strategy he is trying on is to prounounce worst case scenarios...2MM dead if I listened to people who said ride it out (exactly zero people said do nothing, except him of course), 100K to 200K deaths if we do this perfectly...in the hopes of coming below those numbers and declaring a perfect 10/10 in handling covid 19.

Since he has the attention span of a squirrel and the fortitude of a 3 year old, I suspect this messaging will last until the market takes its next dive.
    Then he will panic and return to re-opening the economy, lifting restrictions or some other gawd awful idea that runs contrary to the experts.

He has demonstrated time and again that he has terrible instincts, does not believe in science, and is willing to act on his worse impulses.

RayRay10, T_Man, deb4rockets and 2 others like this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

what does support mean?
    It's a meaningless word. I don't approve of his actions, I don't like the guy.

I hope my parents don't die from this virus.

9. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

This is an insult to squirrels and 3 year old everywhere.

deb4rockets likes this.
  10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

The problem with him saying Easter it gives the public false sense of security when it comes to the virus. Underplaying it’s seriousness. That is a public danger.

RayRay10 and pgabriel like this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't support Trump. I think he is awful as a leader, I also think he is corrupt and is unfit to be president. I think he deserves the criticism he is getting 100% and I don't think Clinton would be spared at all by the right even if she did a much much better job.

I hope we get our act together and save lives. I wish Trump had done the right moves from day 1. Not because it would help him or hurt him to get re-elected, but it would have helped us all - our lives, our loved ones, and our jobs. Instead he just used it to attack dems (and still attack dems, the media, and his enemies).

For all the people who say the Dems are unfair to him, how is he working to unite the country? Certainly not at all. And for those who talk about how it's ok that he just said what he said to calm people down even though they were lies - how is that standard not applied to Benghazi?

There's just so much hypocrisy here. Trump has been awful. Just awful. A real president would be working with lawmakers on both sides of the aisle. They would be mobilizing ever agency in the federal gov't. We have millions in gov't and yet he still tries to micromanage everything from the top. Why is Trump figuring out ventilators? That's not his job. His job is to find the right people to execute - he clearly is not skilled at running a large organization.

12. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Hope he does a fantastic job dealing with the crisis from here on out (he’s too petty to do so; wishful thinking). But I’ll be casting my vote for Biden in November

RayRay10, seemoreroyals and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. WNBA

WNBA Member

Trump has a different agenda. He will always fail. Now we have the largest daily death increase (+1023) ever in all countries.

#33 WNBA, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the public is smarter than you, or the press, thinks they are.

15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Funny how you just appear out of nowhere...

IBTL likes this.
  16. biina

biina Member

It is not possible imo cos Trump hinders efforts to tackle the pandemic. His press briefings and twitting introduce confusion, misinformation and distraction into an already perilous situation, while his actions/inactions (like on PPE production and distribution) are making things worse.

I only wish he would get out of the way and let others, who know what they are doing, and are not self absorbed like toddlers, get on with addressing the issues at hand

RayRay10 and T_Man like this.
  17. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am not amused.

18. IBTL

IBTL Member

It is as if none of us have memories and somehow forget op starting tons of troll threads.

Then he went away.
    People will go on the feedback section of this site and ask 'whatever happened to' and I ask the same of ba$$0. I wonder how much he paid for the account? I admit troll behavior is fascinating.

This new ba$$0 is tame like the new tj. Its weird I wonder who is paying them or how that works to get paid to shill? Is the pay in terms of page views? Or number of bites? Does this post of mine count as a bite?

I just wonder how long before honey boo boo steps out of quarantine from prussia with love. I miss the stench and track suits.

clutch fans is a funny place with what is seemingly the same person with alt accounts like tj op and others you know well. Some of the troll personas are funnier than others.

Its like characters at the circus ..which clown do you like best?

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Not really. Especially Evangelicals and Trump cultists who think this is fake news to make Trump look bad and purposefully go against social distancing recommendations because they think it's a middle finger to the libtard media.

AleksandarN and Jayzers_100 like this.
  20. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

This didn't age well.