1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Release of inmates from county jail

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I had a vehicle stolen 2-3yrs ago. And I'm fine with this. The chances this move would impact me are small. More important things to worry about.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

How do you expect someone without bail money, and now presumably without hot meals and a bed to make it for months in self isolation and be less of a spreader to the general public?[/QUOTE]

That $1,200 in gubmint money should help. And people usually have some kind of family or a friend to call on. If they are sick already, they just need to make it through about a month of quarantine. Then they can go to Kroger and get hired same day.

3. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I cleaned everything out last weekend from my garage and my vehicles are going in from now on.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

What if this impacts someone else??

I already know you're narrow-minded and self-centered.

The situation the world is facing currently is ALL about EVERYONE's well-being, yet you still post about you-only. LOL and SMH.

You are a maggot and you prove it with each post.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It probably wont affect me = it definitely wont affect most people. As a people, we have more serious issues to worry about right now.

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

The only prisoner I support freeing is JOE EXOTIC.

body slam and Jayzers_100 like this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

HPD? lol. We're on our own fam.

REEKO_HTOWN and Houstunna like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure this is Lina's thinking as well. There is no reason that she should let this opportunity pass. She is learning very quickly.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The fact it won't affect most people is more reason that those who are effected should be compensated.

Less affection = more money for those were affected

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The money might not get to them for months. Even if they DID file taxes and still have that address or bank account (unlikely)

Their friends and family abandoned them 3 bonds ago or they would have got them out of jail.

Them getting hired at Kroger is sort of what I am worried about. I view it as the same morality as people on a cruise. It might be immoral to keep them in that petri dish but if your goal is to keep national infections down, probably the best option.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps move in with family? I dunno

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

heir friends and family abandoned them 3 bonds ago or they would have got them out of jail? i dunno

county jail aren;t exactly big bonds fyi

peleincubus likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have no idea. I don't have much experience dealing with stuff like that.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Yeah I agree. In Arkansas we recently began classifying res burg as a violent offense for criminal history purposes. I wouldn’t want them to have a reduced bond just because of corona

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Correction

The 18.9% increase in burglaries is in business burglaries

16. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This has been going on for a while but the announcement of releasing 1000 non violent offenders has people up in arms. They had lawsuits over bail reform that were in the courts long before Judge Hidalgo took office. If you are arrested for almost anything now you get out for free and as long as you show up you should be ok, but the bad thing is the amount of people not coming back to court has went up 20-30 % since the free bail policy has been in effect.

JumpMan and pgabriel like this.
  17. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Tekashi 69 is an example of this statement!

19. fattz

fattz Member

My home was broken into while we were home. Gun safety makes guns useless in a crisis. I took action with my hands but did not kill the man. I chocked him out; blood and puke start to come out of him mouth and his eyes started to haze over. I let go of him.
    This was the best decision I’ve ever made. I still see his face in my dreams now and then —> at least there not nightmares. I am not a killer. Remember one must live with oneself after.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn...was this recently?