1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Visiting an Asian Neighborhood During COVID

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 29, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Snakehead is a delicacy in China. I don't recall having it but would try it. It's also a pretty amazing fish. They can breathe air and move over land for a quarter of a mile.

2. Senator

Senator Member

The OP is entitled , out of touch but mainly just stupid. Everyone is hurting now, not just one ethnicity. In fact, this will likely result in a much needed consolidation of the overload of small asian food businesses that offer the same options as their neighbor. This will lead to more efficiency and less waste.

The Chinese response to the Wuhan virus was bear bile from their famed bear farms. Animal cruelty is very much a "lucrative" part of the culture - one that needs to be shut down for good. Passive remarks won't do it - active engagement will.

Even with the temporary closing of wet markets, which will reopen in a years time with ignorant sympathizers like yourself who sweep anything against your narrative under the rug, they just move on the next form of cruelty in a wild attempt to hope two wrongs make a right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This sadism must stop. It's not curing cancer or the coronavirus - it just leads to more problems.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

...and white people have Tiger King. We can agree that all animal cruelty practices should stop, and we can also agree that the people that perpetuate them are generally the lowest specimens of each respective race.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Senator

Senator Member

Where is Tiger King now? Why did he go insane? Because people with a conscious were hounding him constantly and shutting him down.

That is the point of speaking up about church molestation, religious extremism, domestic violence etc. A resolution that comes from speaking up about it, not just sweeping it under the rug or saying well, I don't do it, so what do you want me to do about it? That's what separates outdated things that die versus things that go on forever.

And it's a cause and effect. Me and you both will have 100k dead bodies in our backyard directly stemming from this so the pretending will have to stop.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not into eating bears or dog, but as someone who knows what happens inside a slaughterhouses that forbid pictures or movies, I'm not sure where the high ground on "acceptable" cruelty is.

Oh right, just don't eat any meat at all.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Frozen market with deep frozen food instead of fresh, wet market.

Health over taste buds.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm going to point out again that while everyone is suffering only one group of people IS BEING ATTACKED OVER COVID 19. And it's not one ethnicity. It is anyone who looks Asian which includes Koreans, Japanese and Hmong. People who have absolutely nothing to do with this or with the illegal wildlife trade. A report that came out just yesterday said there are a 100 ATTACKS A DAY on Asians-Americans.

Then again as I said some people just don't care. They want revenge and they don't care what innocent people get hurt in the process.
    https://thehill.com/changing-americ...n-asian-americans-at-about-100-per-day-due-to

Attacks on Asian Americans at about 100 per day due to coronavirus fear
    Representative Judy Chu said that reports of bigotry and violence against Asian Americans have skyrocketed at the onset of the virus.

Racism against Asian Americans has surged as the coronavirus sweeps the U.S., with reports of hate crimes averaging approximately 100 per day, according to Rep. Judy Chu (D-Calif.).

Speaking live on MSNBC on Tuesday, Chu discussed the increase in assaults on Asians in the U.S. over misinformation regarding the coronavirus. She confirmed “at least 1,000 hate crimes incidents being reported against Asian Americans” after the pandemic arrived stateside.

MSNBC played footage of a man violently demanding an Asian man on the New York subway move away from him. Chu condemned the footage and added that, across the nation, similar attacks have occurred, citing a man being assaulted in New York for wearing a face mask, the stabbing of three Chinese-Americans at a Sam’s Club in Texas, an Asian man in San Francisco attacked while collecting cans, and a 16-year-old Asian American sent to the hospital after school bullies accused him of carrying the coronavirus.

“These are very, very alarming and are not helped by President Trump who calls this the ‘Chinese virus,’ ” Chu said.

In recent weeks, Trump has referred to COVID-19 as the Chinese virus or the Wuhan virus, phrases that experts say reinforce xenophobia and intolerance against Asian people.

Trump says the label is “not racist” because the coronavirus originated in China, making the term accurate.

The Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus denounced this terminology as dangerous to Asian Americans. Chu, the caucus’s chairwoman, reiterated this stance.

“Every responsible health care leader has spoken out and said it should be called its proper name: coronavirus or COVID-19” as a way to fight stigma, Chu confirmed on MSNBC.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A good question would be if the US is truly safe....

It is not just the guns that people amass for protection but abuse it for other purposes.

A myriad of people who seem educated but still let fear and hate get to them instead of understanding the whole picture.

Easily triggered, manipulated and racially prejudiced.

#68 daywalker02, Apr 1, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  9. marky :)

marky :) Member

Oh the irony.

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

This isn't a "you" or "me", or "your country" and "my country" issue. I am American; I am not Chinese, I'm not even Asian American. I am just saying, don't be racist.

Of course, with their books cooked the Chinese government will have a lot of answering to do on the world stage once we all overcome this. But that has nothing to do with the Asian Americans in this country, and it has nothing to do with the billion-plus Chinese people living under the CCP regime who have nothing to do with their wet markets.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I'm disappointed this thread hasn't generated more discussion on Bahn Mi.