1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The public needs to know that the hospital is not the place to be right now, so it is time to level up the social distancing.

mikol13 and Two Sandwiches like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Seriously. Its because of their pleas for more ppe in the media that ignited a community wide effort to start producing 3d printed masks and companies volunteering to switch up what they manufacture to produce more ppe for doctors. If **** was all left to this administration, we might as well just dig our own graves.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Anybody hear anything more about this?

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I've had a bad habit of biting my nails my entire life.

Not anymore

withmustard likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If it's rare than why worry about it. I would worry about the loss of smell more.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. what

what Member

Just putting this out there, not sure how true it is but my brother's sister, we have different dads, but she lives in California and contracted covid-19 and within 30 minutes her mini pig had a seizure and died.

mikol13 and Jontro like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Are those patients the spring breaker chugging beers off each others butts?

Jontro, JeeberD and Bandwagoner like this.
  8. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Or just really really stoned

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

Ok. Well now. I read this like three times and I have nothing.

Would love to hear Trumps response to this.

AroundTheWorld and Hakeemtheking like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Nearly every person I’ve talked to today has someone they know well that is infected. This is getting crazy.

mikol13 and daywalker02 like this.
  11. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Earlier in FEB, while in Canada I woke up with my eyes crusted shut, both eyes full tilt bloodshot, solid pink and irritated for an entire day and into the next. Never had it happen before - literally out of the blue.

Jontro likes this.
  12. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

It also just doesn't really mean anything. It's not per capita, it doesn't count recovered, it doesn't talk about seriousness, it doesn't speak to rate of spread, its just a scary total.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Holy crap, the person I knew who showed every symptom and struggled to get tested also developed pink eye.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Labor jobs or nurses.

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's a possible symptom. Viruses cause lots of pink eyes. The viral load of tears is fairly low, at least.

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You can extrapolate everything you mentioned from the total cases.

17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Of course you can, but that's not the point when you're building metric dashboards. Every single new channel has a dashboard on the side of the screen with total cases and total deaths and no context. Its poor metric reporting and they do it on purpose because its easy and scary.

Major likes this.
  18. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

At this point fever / shortness of breath / cough probably COVID-19. I feel like though just about everything else at this point has been listed as both a "possible symptom" and "not a symptom". It's probably hard to determine due to the large number of cases.

Mazulis likes this.
  19. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Not saying this is 100% accurate but something to note

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3905788

Chinese media question official coronavirus death tally for Wuhan
    Mortuaries in Wuhan prepare more urns than number of reported virus deaths

TAIPEI (Taiwan News) — Chinese media have begun questioning the official coronavirus death tally in the city of Wuhan as a local mortuary prepared double the number of urns for cremated victims, reports said Friday (March 27).

According to data from China’s central government, the capital of Hubei Province registered 50,006 coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, including 2,535 deaths in the two months leading up to March 26, CNA reported.

Yet recently, a local mortuary prepared 5,000 urns in just two days for the cremated remains of virus fatalities, according to Chinese media. On March 23, the government allowed the public to visit mortuaries to pick up the remains of their relatives, resulting in a line 200-meters long springing up at the Hankou Mortuary in Wuhan, reports said.

Similar scenes emerged at several other mortuaries and cemeteries. Reports mentioned a driver trucking 2,500 urns, while a room at the mortuary contained seven stacks of 500 urns each.

Other reports said that in the period leading up to next week’s Tomb Sweeping Holiday, the fact that urns are being distributed at a rate of 500 a day at each of the city's eight mortuaries could mean that 40,000 people died, instead of the official number of 2,535.

A Voice of America report even quoted a local resident as saying that the government was paying families 3,000 yuan (US$423) as hush money if they buried their relatives before the holiday.

mikol13, Jontro and Mazulis like this.