1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Philidelphia 76ers] Possible interest in D'Antoni and Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bleedroxred79, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Eff a TF Jr.

That said, would you trade D'Antoni and Morey and whatever else it takes to make the salary work for Embiid?
    Harden and Embiid would be a pretty dope 1-2 punch if both can stay healthy.
    Pick and Pop from 3 and the lob threat...plus he can legit play in the post and can kick out to shooters..

mikol13 likes this.
  2. rockets13champs

You don’t get the show.

3. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I cant blame Philly for swinging for the fences. Philly fans would lose their minds if they got Morey and MDA, I just wonder who Tilman would bring in to replace them.

4. s3ts

s3ts Member

I don't care about MDA. We should never let Morey walk.

I think Morey has had his hands tied the past few seasons too. I hope he's happy here.

Plowman, JoeBarelyCares and mikol13 like this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Little Patrick is already waiting around the corner to replace Morey.

Jontro and BaselineFade like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Can't wait.

Jontro likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m not trading Morey for Embiid. He has all world talent but there are some things that are concerning for me.

No Morey hasn’t been able to bring a title, but I think it’s been some bad luck, an injury and a couple of owners that have kept that from happening.

BaselineFade likes this.
  8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I mostly agree with you. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Morey but Tilman doesn't seem to like him too much. I guess I should have added a disclaimer, if it was imminent that Morey wouldn't return and such an offer were on the table.

9. BigBum

BigBum Member

Have to keep Morey, need great trades.

10. fattz

fattz Member

Random thought: when DRAFTS come and go other teams will get better by a lot or just a little we will not. If I where Morey maybe it’s time to go. If something good happens here he gets credit for putting it together but when it doesn’t the new guy just didn’t do his job right. DM has mortgage the future away anyway. Let someone else pay his debts.

BigBum likes this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Agreed. It's not necessarily harden quits but he is like the boxer zab Judah at this point. Harden has a limited playbook besides the Jr Smith impersonations!

God speed to harden and the nba.

I'm sure embiid would request trade if 76ers signed d'antoni!!!!!!
    Amar'e was completely raw and basically once in lifetime talent.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would gtfo if i was maurley. i would love to see him work under balmer and see him ascend to jesus status.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Because Tillman don't preciate...

This would make the 76ers america's team with those colors.... and the anti-Chinese stance hiring Morey would represent.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think any coach will know what to do with an aging pg who can't shoot.

17. BigBum

BigBum Member

They need Morey to dump Horford and Harris bad contracts first, then fight for championship.

too much taxes next year @128 million tax line.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean...both can be true? Well technically if Kyrie had not been hurt and/or if Cp(and Luc) had not gotten injured theyd only have 4 rings or 3.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes... that's the problem with what ifs. I'm good with what happened, happened.

The only caveat to that is cheating... which as a person that grew up rooting for the Astros, I want to say "doesn't everyone in baseball kind of cheat like that"... but as an impartial fan, I'm kind of like, that's a legit asterisk

They're definitely not great contracts, but they're fine with the right fit. So if yo have to sell those at a big discount because of the contract, think you explore moving Simmons or Embiid first, even though they are clearly better players.

As much as I REALLY like Embiid... again he was on pace to play in under 70% of the games. I just don't see how you can ever really position a team for a championship like that.. especially bearing in mind how INCREDIBLY rare it is for a team to win a ring not as a top 2 (or stretch to 3) seed. Only two teams not a top 3 seed have won a ring ever... and the Rockets one required a major move at the trade deadline making it a completely different team, really.

I'd look to something like Embiid/Richardson for Beal/Bertrans

Simmons
    Beal
    Bertrans
    Harris
    Horford

Generally healthy squad, all capable of switching on defense, all capable of stepping out and hitting threes to put around Simmons.

#79 JayZ750, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    HP3 likes this.
  20. fattz

fattz Member

MDA & Westbrook are here in attendance.