1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covid19 cure found?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Are y'all thinking that I'm saying that there aren't young religous people or soemthing?

I know there are still many young religious people, they're increasingly becoming less religious each year, but certainly, there are still very many out there.

I'm just saying I don't think younger people fall for the televangelist scams in significant numbers, not like the 60+ country people, I think that's the dying breadwinner for a televangelist.

Roomba likes this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This. What is this? Kenneth Copeland is taking advantage of people at an incredibly vulnerable time and is creating hotbeds for virus transmission.

Way to NOT be a good Christian...

3. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dude is a psychopath. Not a Christian. A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Roomba likes this.
  4. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with you, because younger religious/spiritual people are constantly bombarded with information from the internet. Even if some choose to ignore it all, most would probably at least somewhat agree that the bible isn't meant to be taken literally (or at least I hope so) and that science is real and proven. And hopefully almost all would know that televangelists are all full of ****.

Edit: and just for context I also believe in a higher power, and nobody I know judges me for that. I also believe in proper education and that the two can co-exist.

5. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Foolish.

I have no problem with people having faith but these "evangelists" are selling snake oil and endangering their followers...

and then they get political from the pulpit.

Time to tax the churches.

the11mingdynasty likes this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Did you see the list of celebrities ?? Overall and generally I regard the ones listed as fairly dumb. It's quite amusing that those are the ones listed.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

The only cure is time.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are they any different than people who peddle hydroxychloroquine as a miracle cure even though there isn't any scientific evidence it works?

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

When you get old your mind doesn't function as well as it used to and all you think about all day is your death which is right around the corner. If you were working during the 50's 60's and 70's or owned land you likely have a gigantic hoard of cash.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Darwinism 101.

DD

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No one is saying it's a miracle cure. You have rocks for brains if you think that medicine isn't already a proven safe drug that could help people. There are initial studies that indicate YES. There are medical doctors HOARDING that drug because there is merit to it. You just hate it because the ORANGE MAN said it might work. So because you're a freaking robot programed to hate Trump, you're bashing a valid treatment option the FDA approved. Sadly it isn't a miracle but it's definitely something worth trying. There is a reason it is effective against malaria. You're sick to compare medical science to criminals who prey on the religious.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  12. omgTHEpotential

Has to be somewhat more effective than scamvangelists.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

@Carl Herrera ?? Man oh man, that figures. Good to know.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Unless you somehow don't consider Fairfax County to be Northern VA, you would be incorrect.

jiggyfly and dachuda86 like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No you are the one just taking the ORANGE MAN as gospel here over science.

There has been no study or trial done on humans. People shouldn't hoard or take a drug (no drug is harmless and the fact you say that shows your lack of scientific understanding). The FDA did not approve the drug only made an emergency exception for off-label use. In medicine you don't just throw the kitchen sink at the problem, you have to test it against the SOC. That has yet to be done. Maybe this will prove to be effective, maybe it won't, but blindly promoting it actually harms people - people who need the drug for diseases like Lupus.

It's a shame that insteed of trying to learn and educate yourself, you have to make personal attacks. I suggest you try to mature a bit during a time of crisis. Good luck to you.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Please, I've been watching this treatment long before Orange Hitler blurted it out. You're the one tying it all to the Trumpster. This drug is not that dangerous, and yes it isn't completely harmless... especially if you're an idiot who thinks FISHTANK Cleaner is the same thing. BTW it's not... in case you get curious.

I've followed this treatment concept since the Chinese were looking at it because as I expected, this would lead to a supply shortage. I have to pay attention because this medicine is used for lupus in my household. In fact, I don't like that Trump announced it to the whole world, so there another thing about Trump I can't stand. But no I am a supporter eh? lol Look, when it comes down to it, if I get the virus, I am taking this drug if I can even get my hands on it. I bet you would too. And I don't blindly think it's a cure all. It's not. Never have I said that and no one else is saying that. You're the one drawing parallels and dismissing it to a point that is damaging to society. People who might think it's quack medicine may refuse the treatment because of people like you who are tying this to their personal hate of the Orange Dorito Hitler President. But at the end of the day it's just one more arrow in our quiver and it's a damn good one with a good track record for safety.

No one said the FDA has run extensive tests on it for CCP virus specifically. There obviously isn't enough time. And in emergencies like this we don't have that time. We have to shoot from the hip with the medicine we have in our holster. And for that type of decision we rely on doctors. NOT our president and not our personal hatred of the president.

17. biina

biina Member

Thats my kinda kure!

18. biina

biina Member

1. Chloroquine is a not a valid treament for Covid19 and the FDA only granted an Emergency Authorization which is NOT an approval

2. Malaria is caused by plasmodium which is not a virus, so its effectiveness in treating malaria is irrelevant

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

See other thread where I explain how wrong you are. lol You're dying on the wrong hill.

And yeah it's approved for emergency uses. You want to get into semantics but that's a type approval. I never said in my own words it was approved in some other way though that's the thing you're going for... a really weak point my friend. You're targeting an article I linked to that used the word in a general sense, not in the sense that the FDA did rigorous studies on it and gave full 100 percent A OK approval, You seriously need help if you think there has been enough time for that process to unfold. That's why it's approved for emergency use. It's literally all they can do for now to get that drug on the front lines. And all this battling you're doing, this crusade, is pointless. At the end of the day a doctor will tell you what to do and you're going to likely do it.

20. biina

biina Member

This is getting irritating. Emergency Authorization is not some type of approval or any other silly notion you may have

https://www.fda.gov/emergency-prepa...-policy-framework/emergency-use-authorization

The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) authority allows FDA to help strengthen the nation’s public health protections against CBRN threats by facilitating the availability and use of MCMs needed during public health emergencies.

Under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), the FDA Commissioner may allow unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

(Chloroquine for treating Covid19 falls under the unapproved uses)

There is big difference between 'allowing unapproved use' and 'approving a use'.

This is more like conducting a wide scale trial - a drug that is on a trial is NOT approved yet

EMERGENCY AUTHORIZATION IS NOT AN APPROVAL!!!