1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Covid19 cure found?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It blows my mind that there are enough people out there walking around to give these types of people enough money to have mansions and multiple private jets. It's nuts

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

There is a small chunk of old country folks who never got into the information age. They don't question their pastors, the church, they aren't aware of the scams, they 100% believe god can cure this in a heartbeat if we prayed hard enough etc.

I think these people will be gone forever in the USA over the next 20 years or so. It's incredibly rare for people born in the 60's + to follow this stuff, people just don't think like this anymore, regardless if they were born in the country, regardless are religious or not, they are aware of scams, they have skepticism of cure-alls being sold, they are aware that these people are clowns.

4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

We don't have churches or places of worship like this that I'm aware of in Northern VA.... This to me is like that scene 'Borat' where he tries to find sanctity.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Great Idea:. set up 'lemonade stand' styled stations with a cure corona virus theme. Still think the 'religiously' gullible will flock to my multiple locations while a person wearing PPE from head to toe does some 'psycho' babbel while placing a hand on their foreheads?

#5 Sanctity, Mar 30, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  6. omgTHEpotential

Sounds like a retired WWE wrestler. Only missing "Wooooooo!" at the end.

7. calcium

calcium Member

He was calling for vaccinations. I thought he was anti vaccine?

8. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lmaooo, they pop out the bushes "HEY EVERYBODY THE PRAYERS KICKED IN!"

meanwhile, all those who lost family members will just be sitting around thinking

"wish they would have kicked in sooner"
    [​IMG]
    "Guess I didn't pray hard enough"

dachuda86 likes this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That's not true. Megachurches in particular accommodate generation X and millennials, and the deep south and rural midwest are full of evangelicals. Bible Bowl and youth pastors aren't catering to baby boomers.

Buck Turgidson, B-Bob and justtxyank like this.
  11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

You way underestimate the interest in this stuff lol.

ElPigto, dachuda86 and B-Bob like this.
  12. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I could say the same about trickle down economics.

ipaman, ThatBoyNick and mdrowe00 like this.
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Maybe I'm running in the wrong circles, but my initial guess is the majority of those buying Jim Bakker buckets are doing it with SS money.

I don't doubt there aren't young evangelicals, I just doubt they don't have facebooks, twitters and aren't aware of televangelist scams.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think prayer is totally fine in this situation. Prayer is good in general if you believe that a God potentially exists in some way shape or form. It's a form of meditation.

What I do NOT think is fine is scamevangelists like this guy filling peoples heads with lies that they can just scream a prayer, and it happens, and completely throw out basic information & science. "I DEMAND a Vaccine".... Really.... you "demand" it? Are you demanding that God himself goes into a lab somewhere, does 12 months of clinical trials, and then mass produces billions of doses of a vaccine? Because in reality, that is done by science, and hard working medical professionals. There's no snap your fingers, and sh$t gets done. I don'g pray to God "I DEMAND you mow my lawn." That's not God's job.

Now is it appropriate for Christians to pray for internal strength & wisdom to get through this time.... yes... that's appropriate. Should you pray for the victims, and the medical professionals putting their lives on the line.... yes.

What these guys are doing is filling people's heads with false information, and in response their congregation is likely to go out in the world, and expose themselves more and more because of my faith leader prayed really hard about it, and I believe God has wiped out the virus & blessed me so I'm immune.

Roomba and B-Bob like this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The people that follow these churches are idiots...especially the ones that give them money...and there's really no middle ground. These are stupid people. They're getting scammed by their own churches. Lakewood will do your taxes for free? I'm totally sure they're not using that information for anything at all. Nope...nothing to see here folks. Totally above board.

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

you're not wrong but you're missing the whole picture... it's not old or young folk anymore, it's everyone(all ages all types) who has been convinced that "sowing seeds" is giving money. worse, they interpret bible verses both literally and symbolically (whatever fits) to mean you will reap (money) if you sow seeds (money). Any half-ass preacher could raise thousands in a 30 min sermon using these.

1 Corinthians 9:11
    If we have sown spiritual things among you, is it too much if we reap material things from you?

Proverbs 11:24
    One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.

Proverbs 11:25
    Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered.

Jeremiah 17:10
    “I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.”

Luke 6:38
    Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.”

2 Corinthians 9:7
    Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

And just like that, easy..., convinced, "God wants me to be rich and will make me rich if I give my preacher money!"

17. justtxyank

the dude at the top of this thread is the head pastor of a mega church with a huge following not just old people and definitely not just ss

18. justtxyank

Lakewood is a scam situation on par with these and he has a huge following of young people. He may not be as outrageous as some of this stuff but he preaches the same charismatic prosperity gospel

Buck Turgidson and ElPigto like this.
  19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49186785

ElPigto likes this.